Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction / El Hazard Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / X/1999 Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Nataku's First Christmas ❯ Making Plans and Checking Them Twice ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Nataku’s First Christmas
A new AU Crossover pilot by Robster80


Part 1: Making Plans and Checking Them Twice



The weather was cold that Saturday morning at the Hinata Apartments. Everyone changed their clothes in their beds because the heating hadn’t been set to counter the sudden drop in the temperature. Sweaters had even been taken out of the closets to counter the cold.

TK was the first one up to start breakfast. He was the landlord, after all; and though Shinobu was an excellent cook, he didn’t want to burden her with all of the cooking for everyone in the complex. Before he started cooking, however, he checked the calendar and saw that it was the first of December. Christmas was coming.

“I think we’ll have to discuss Christmas plans today,” he said to himself as he pulled out several frying pans. Just then, he froze where he was, his hand about to turn the dial for the stove.

It would be his first Christmas without his parents or Matt, he realized. He had almost forgotten their deaths months ago. Their bodies flashed for a moment before his eyes.

Shinobu came into the kitchen and saw TK standing very still, eerily still. “Takeru-sempai,” she said in her still timid voice. “Are you okay?

Not looking at her, TK shook his head a little and went back to starting breakfast. “I’m fine, “ he said. “It’s just… It’s December already.”

Shinobu looked at the calendar. “Oh, really? Seems like yesterday you and the other guys first came to live here.”

“Are you going to see your parents for Christmas?”

Shinobu was surprised by the question. She wondered why he asked it, but then it suddenly hit her. “…It’ll be your first time you spend Christmas without your family. Isn’t it?”

“…Yes… I don’t know what you and the girls do for Christmas, but I’m sure you all go home to your families… and I guess Ranma and the others will be, too.”

“This IS my home now.”

Gasping, Shinobu turned to see Ranma standing in the doorway behind her. TK didn’t bother to look, but he had heard Ranma speaking. “You’re my family, TK” Ranma continued. “Remember? When I left the Tendo Dojo, I burned all my bridges behind me and never looked back. Even my mother disowned me because I refused to marry Akane, and I had my last name changed to your father’s family name Ishida. I didn’t come to live here to keep an eye on you like you thought. There’s nowhere else for me to go.”

“Plus Asuka’s here, or doesn’t she matter?”

This made Ranma’s face turn red, both in anger and embarrassment. “Of course she does! She’s the girl I love. But don’t go changing the subject on me! The point is no matter what anyone else living her does, you and I will be here to celebrate Christmas. And there’s Nataku, too.”

At the mention of the name, TK suddenly realized something else. “Ranma, you’re right! This will be Nataku’s first Christmas.”

“That’s right,” Shinobu jumped in. “He’s still an artificial human and has never had a Christmas or even a birthday before.”

Suddenly, TK started to rush in making breakfast. “Ranma, go make sure everyone’s up! We’re having a meeting during breakfast and I want everybody at the table!”

[Well, that seemed to perk him up somewhat,] Ranma thought. “I’m on it.”


************************************************************************ ********


Naru sat a little uneasy at the breakfast table. After the last two months, she still wasn’t used to sharing the building with men. However, this didn’t mean she had no respect for any of them. Seto Kaiba, Ranma Ishida, Darth Maul, Nataku, Yusuke Urameshi, Dearka Elthman, Jinnai Katsuhiko, and especially TK Takaishi proved to her and the other girls that they were responsible and mature. Well, Yusuke and Ranma still had some maturing to do, and Jinnai and Dearka’s respective obsessions with Gundam and Zoids model kits were a bit annoying.

Mokoto, Naru had noticed recently, finally accepted the guys and stopped challenging them over the right to stay in the Hinata. In fact, Mokoto only sparred with TK and Ranma once in a while to keep up her training.

Asuka never had a problem about the change from living in a girls’ dorm to an apartment house. She knew the guys before they came, and she was dating Ranma. Also, she was the one who pushed for the girls to be friends with the guys. It nearly took everything out of her to do so.

Su didn’t really mind, either. It meant she had more “playmates” to have fun with, and she respected Dearka and Jinnai because of their tastes in mecha. Also, she seemed to have formed a bond with Darth Maul, almost like a brother-sister thing.

Shinobu had been very nervous at first, which wasn’t helped by Naru’s aloud theories of the guys being perverts. However, once she got to know Yusuke, who acted tough but was really a decent guy, she grew to accept the new tenants.

Kitsune liked the idea of living under the same roof with several hot guys. However, she thought twice about which to seduce after TK nearly made her taste his sword when she tried to place his hand on her chest in an attempt to lower her rent. Currently, she was going after Kaiba by applying to his passion for the “Dungeons & Monsters” card game, which he excelled at.

“Could I have everyone’s attention?”

Naru, as did the others, looked over at TK, who was now standing.

“I know we usually don’t mix meetings with meals,” TK continued, “But I wanted to discuss this while everyone was present.”

Su’s ears perked up at the word “present.” “That’s right, Takeru. Christmas is coming; it’s the first day of December.”

“Please let him finish, Kaola,” Darth Maul said calmly before sipping his tea. Surprisingly, Su gave a slight nod and remained silent. None of the Hinata girls had succeeded in such a feat before. They envied and admired Maul for this achievement.

“Thanks, Maul,” TK said. “And thanks for helping somewhat, Su. Yes, Christmas is coming, and I’d like to know what you all plan on doing to spend the Holidays: do you plan on going home to your families, or will you be staying here at the Hinata? I, of course, will be staying and so is Ranma. You, too, Nataku.”

“I was planning on going home,” Kaiba replied first, “and see my kid brother Mokuba. Plus I kinda miss Yugi and his crew. However, would it be okay if I had them come up for a few days?”

“No way am I going back home,” Dearka said in a huff. “My step-family treats me like dirt.”

Jinnai’s answer was not like Dearka’s. Although he too had family problems, they were not as severe. “I doubt Nanami and my folks would mind if I stay here.”

“I’m staying,” Yusuke said, his tone stating he wouldn’t leave even if someone paid him all the money in Japan. Holidays to him meant his mother would get extra drunk than usual, not to mention he still couldn’t face Keiko and her new boyfriend.

Maul set down his tea cup. “We never had celebrations like your earth holidays back in my galaxy. There’s no better way for me to observe this ‘Christmas’ than by remaining here.”

“If Ranma’s staying, then so am I.” Everyone knew Asuka would say that; not only because she was dating him but just in case the Nerima Wrecking Crew somehow showed up. They were still out to marry/kill him, even though he flat-out expressed his anger and dislike/hatred for them all.

“Asuka, honey,” Kitsune began, “if you think ah’m leaving you here alone with all these hot men, you must be out of your red-headed mind. Besides, we Hinata girls usually stay here an’ celebrate the holidays together an’ invite our families for the fun.”

“If Seto’s brother and friends can come up, then can my parents come, too?”

“I’m uncertain how my older sister will react to all of you, but I shall extend her an invitation as well.”

“Yay! We’re gonna have lots of presents this year!”

“I’ll have to get back to you on this one, TK.”

“What is Christmas?”

Silence fell over the room as everyone looked at Nataku, who was seated by TK. He had been silent all the while until now. Christmas was new to him and all the talk was confusing him. “What is it? I never heard of it before, and I thought presents are only given to people on their birthdays.”

“What, are you from another planet or somethin’,” Kitsune burst out and then gasped in realization. She had forgotten Nataku was a clone and was still learning about the world and everything. Her face turned red as she also realized her comment sounded, to her, insulting to Maul. “Sorry, y’all.”

“We’ll let it slide this time, Kitsune.” TK then turned to Nataku. “We’ll tell you about it, Nataku. Both you and Maul.”

This made Nataku smile. He enjoyed spending time with the guys more than anything, especially with TK. “Thanks, big brother.”

“Then I’m staying, too,” Naru said, crossing her arms and looking serious. “With all of the different views on Christmas in this building, someone has to make sure Nataku doesn’t get the wrong idea, like drinking all night long until you pass out.” [And it’ll get me out of seeing my cousin and her man. Besides, it’ll be rough on TK since this Christmas will be his first since his family’s death and I want to be here with him through it.]

“Hey, I thought we were best friends,” Kitsune cried while Asuka, Dearka and Kaiba chuckled at Naru’s comment.

This made TK’s smile grow a bit. While he had personally vowed to never fall in love again, he found he was interested in Naru. “Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate this. And to answer Kaiba and Shinobu’s questions, we’ll invite as many family and friends as we can-.”

“AHEM!”

TK only made a quick glance at Ranma to get the hint. “With some exceptions, of course. And thank you, Ranma, for volunteering to handle the invitations. You, Kitsune and Asuka will collect names and addresses from everyone here, and don’t forget Roger and my uncle. Dearka, Su, and Maul will handle security, as a precaution. Shinobu, Yusuke and Kaiba are in charge of food stock. See if Haruka can help as well. Jinnai, you and Naru handle party supplies: plates, napkins, decorations, etc. The rest of us will scout around for a Christmas tree.”

“Aww, but I wanted to help with the shoppin’!”

“You still got plenty of liquor stashed away somewhere.”

As Kitsune and Yusuke began to argue, TK surveyed the rest of the group planning how to handle their given tasks. It made him smile a bit. Perhaps this Christmas wouldn’t be so bad after all. And with his uncle and godfather coming, things would surely be interesting.


End part 1


I’m sorry, I couldn’t work on this more than I wanted to before Christmas, but work got super busy the past week, and I’m having a bit of a family crisis going on right now that I would rather not talk about. My apologies to all of you who feel this first installment was rushed. If you’ll let me, I’d like to work on this after the holidays. If any of you object, please say so. No one will think less of you, especially me.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Hope your days are indeed merry and bright.

Sincerely,
Robster80