Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Chicken Soup for the Anime Soul ❯ Mokona: During the Battle ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~ Chicken Soup for the Anime Soul ~

~ Chapter Three: Mokona: During the Battle ~

~ Mokona's POV ~

Most people regard me to be a giant fluffball capable of only speaking `pu.' Even Umi, a Magic Knight, calls me an appetizer. Something called `cotton candy' to be exact. In reality, I am actually the creator of Cephiro and all its inhabitants. I was sent by Princess Emeraude to guide the Magic Knights on their quest to Zagato's. Guru Clef also used me as a way to aid Umi and Fuu in discovering their own brand of magic.

But, if I were to strip everything I have done, down to its basic elements, all my wrongs would cancel my rights out. For I am to blame. For everything. For running away whenever danger struck. For so many wrongs I cannot even begin to name them all. I suppose that is why I have the power of immortality. To live forever, wallowing in my sins. I blame myself for creating the Pillar system, for leading Sol Zagato to Emeraude. But I do not blame myself for creating Cephiro and its people, and for weaving the road between it and Earth, the place where Hikari, Umi and Fuu came from. Hikaru is now the new Pillar, but unlike Emeraude, she has discovered a way to be both equally happy even when performing her duties. Cephiro has cleaned up now, and the treaties we have forged with Autozam, Fahren, and Chizeta will further shield our country, and provide us with new allies. Even though no one will speak of it, I can still see the faintest glimmer of anguish in everyone's eyes, especially Clef's. It must have been hard for Clef to heat that someone he had raised like a child, was dead. Fuu has healed Ferio's wounds of the loss of his sister, but there is no one to fully aid Clef. I am sure that somehow Clef saw the battle. Saw how Emeraude fought Hikaru, Umi and Fuu, how she died…

Which brings me to my present predicament. The Battle between the Magic Knights, Zagato and Emeraude. I do not wish to even go into the details, or stike up the merest memory of it. Instead, I will tell you all where I, myself, was during the Battle…

Mokona shivered in terror as he watched Hikaru, Umi and Fuu unite with their spirits and enter Zagato's castle. He turned away from the foreboding building, knowing with growing dread the outcome of the battle. The Pillar would die in peace, knowing that for one quick moment she could finally pray for the one man she loved, and only him, by the unwilling hands of the Magic Knights. After fulfilling the duty they were summoned to Cephiro for, Hikaru, Umi and Fuu would return to their world. But what would happen to Cephiro? Clef and the others only had so much will, and soon the land would fall and crumble… Unless… Yes! Mokona thought, flying through the sky, unless he could find anew pillar for Cephiro! The Creator hovered in the blue sky for a minute, and then, when he felt the last of Emeraude's spirit slipping away, Mokona let out a great blast of energy from his forehead, that decimated the barrier that protected Cephiro.

I hate to resort to this, but it is the only way. "Eagle of Autozam, Aska of Fahren, Tatra and Tarta of Chizeta, hear me! The road to Cephiro has been opened. I have chosen you as your countries' representatives. Only you may attempt to become the new Pillar of Cephiro…" Mokana gazed at the land he had created, and let out a small sigh that was wistful. "Now the real battle begins," he said, floating towards the castle where Clef, Presea and Feiro wre waitiong for him. "The battle that will decide the fate of Cephiro. If only I had demolished the Pillar system when I had the chance…"

But that was many a year ago, and everything was changing. Even as Presea, greeted Mokona, Chizeta, Fahren and Autozam were already heading towards Cephiro. The final battle begins… Now…

*******************

Hikaru: 0_0 I didn't know Mokona was that angsty!

Fuu: I didn't even know he could contain one bit of angst.

Umi: *pulls out fork and knife* Let's put him out of his misery, shall we? I'll take his ears. They look really yummy…

Mokona: PU!!!!!!!!!!

Clef: *sweatdrops* Give it up, Umi

millenniumspirit: Well, that's it for now! Hey, Umi! Get away from Mokona!

Umi: Ohhhhh… This exact-size replica of Mokona sure is tasty!

Hikaru, Fuu, Clef, Presea, Feiro, Aska, Eagle, Ascot, Lantis, Tatra and eevryone else: Ooooooooo! Let me have some!

Mokona: Pu pu!

milleniumspirit: That means please review! ^_^ Thank you!