Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Open Doors ❯ A Whole New World ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Open Doors

To my reviewer: Don't worry, I won't stop. I'll finish it to the end! Thanks for reviewing!

Chapter 2: A Whole New World

A portal opened in the sky; luckily it was in a clearing where people don't usually pass by. Malik opened his eyes to see that he was somewhere with a sky. He sighed in relief. Then he looked at his surroundings. He was near the sky! He looked down.

Malik: O.O

He started to fall quickly. He had to think of something, anything to get him out of this mess. He stayed on his back and kept forgetting what the levitating spell was. Of course he couldn't' remember them because he has bad memorizations of incantations but it was important! He could usually remember when he was in trouble why couldn't he do it now? He felt that he was near the ground and found it helpless.

'SHIMATTA!'

He cursed as his back hit steps, cement steps. His body rolled down the steps until it stopped at the bottom. He felt consciousness leaving him. His last thought was…

'Omae o korosu Ryou.'

He drifted off into unconsciousness and saw something blue then blacked out.

* * *

Yukina was walking back to the temple with the groceries and shopping bags in hand. Shizuru and Keiko insisted that she get some clothes of the modern world of Tokyo. They told her to get a break from wearing kimonos all the time. Genkai told her to get the groceries because they were out. She sighed. The stairs were a long way. She heard a thump sound from the steps. She looked up and saw a dark tanned guy with blond hair fall on his back and began rolling down until he stopped in one of the breaks of the stairs. She gasped and dropped her bags and rushed up to his unmoving form. She saw lavender eyes before he closed them, unconscious.

She was surprised. She never saw any human with lavender eyes before. It's really unusual. Then she remembered that the guy was unconscious. She picked him up and slung his arm over her shoulders and began to get him up to the temple where she could heal him and he would get some rest. She was lucky. That Genkai's is only thirty steps away.

* * *

Back at the Ishtar household, in another dimension…

Isis Ishtar was fuming! Steam was coming out of her ears. Mai, her girlfriend, was trying to calm her down, but to no avail. She sighed and gave a pitiful look at Ryou, who was too scared at the moment. She felt sorry for the albino but then it was his fault that this was happening.

"I'm sorry, Isis, I've been working on the spell to retrieve him back, honest!" Ryou said pleadingly and silently praying for salvation.

"You better! OR else! I can't see the future with the millennium tauk! It's blurry to me and it won't let me see if he'll come back or not! If I get a vision that he doesn't come back, Bakura, Ryou, I'm going to mutilate you!"

Ryou panicked and gave a quick nod and dashed out of the Ishtar household.

Isis suddenly felt better.

* * *

Back to Malik…

Malik sat up abruptly. He just had the strangest dream. He dreamed that he lost a game with the guys and was Ryou's guinea pig for a spell he wanted to test out. Then he landed in the sky and fell on some steps then blacked out. He sighed in relief it was only a dream.

He then looked at his surroundings and didn't recognize them. That was not a good sign. The door opened and revealed a redhead male with green eyes.

"Oh you're awake I'll go get Yukina," he said before closing the door, leaving a shocked Malik. There was no way that dream happened.

The door opened a second time to a girl with sea-green hair and red eyes. He didn't know anyone else who had something as close to red eyes as the pharaoh had. She smiled at him and shut door and kneeled next to him.

"How are you feeling?" she asked sweetly still smiling at him.

"Where am I?" Malik asked.

"You're in Genkai's temple."

"What city?"

"Tokyo."

"How the hell did I end up in Tokyo?!" Malik yelled the question out, surprised.

"You fell on the steps and were unconscious and I found you and brought you here so I could get the wounds treated for you but they seemed to heal themselves."

Malik wasn't listening to the rest of it after she said he fell on the steps. He abruptly stood up and pushed her aside as he ran to the outside surprising the other occupants in the house.

"RYOU, I F**KING HATE YOU!" He yelled out into the empty air. He then turned his attention the audience he acquired and glared threateningly at them as he pulled out his millennium rod and pointed it at them. He was lucky his powers still work.

"You better tell me what f**ked up world I'm in before I send you all to the shadow realm!"

The group was clueless.

"Whatcha gonna do, punk? Knock us out with that small stick?" Kuwabara said. "I could beat you any day."

"I'd watch that tongue of yours mortal before I send you to the reaper," Malik threatened. 'Geeze I'm starting to sound like the tomb robber.' He thought.

"Baka, he's not joking," Hiei stated as he sensed the forbidding air around them. It was dark and would scare anyone into oblivion; he had to admit that it was pretty powerful.

"Hiei is right, Kuwabara, he isn't joking," said Koenma in his teenage form from behind them with Botan standing beside him. "I suggest we take this inside and try to work out this predicament."

"Koenma's right. We should discuss this peacefully," Yukina said hoping to lighten up the mood.

"Anything for you my ice princess!" Kuwabara exclaimed happily smiling widely in Yukina's direction. She smiled back. Everyone else just sweatdropped. Kuwabara was lucky Shizuru wasn't there at the moment.

Malik rolled his eyes and Hiei just glared at Kuwabara. Malik took this into note. Seemed like the imp wasn't fond of the baka. Looks like someone was normal after all. He went in after everyone else and caught their glances back at him, watching him so he wouldn't try anything. He got annoyed.

"Just chill will ya? I'm not going to hurt you or anything unless you piss me off," Malik stated. They took that into consideration. They all sat in a room and they began explanations, first Koenma answered Malik's questions about their world.

After all the explanations about the Reikai, Makai, and demons Malik was surprised. Maybe he wouldn't kill Ryou after all, only make him suffer by throwing out of the next airplane they take together on a trip with Yugi. But that would take the fun out of it because Ryou can levitate better than the both of them. He was interested in this. When he gets the dimensional travel spell from Ryou then he'll be ten times better. He left some of his defenses down. Koenma was glad to feel the hairs on the back of his neck settle. The chill was soon gone from the room.

"That's interesting and I would suspect four of you are at least have some demon in you and the make-inu and the old woman is human but with strong spirit energy?" Malik asked. They all nodded.

"Who's the make-inu?" Kuwabara asked.

"Who do you think, make-inu?"

"Hey don't call me that! I'm not a make-inu! You wanna start something punk?" Kuwabara said standing up glaring at Malik. Malik stood up also.

"Well, it's been a few years since I used them, I think you'll have the honor of being the first one to feel the power of the shadows." Malik grabbed a card from his back pocket; thanking whatever deity was up there that he had it. He placed it between his index and middle fingers making the back of the card face him. It was a duel monster card. He smirked. This was one of the tomb robber's favorite to torture people with.

"Man Eater Bug. How perfect for a stupid mortal like you," he said smirking evilly. Before he could actually make the baka feel the taste of his power he felt hands latch on his arm. His face softened as they looked upon the girl. Yukina, he picked up when they were introducing each other.

"Malik-san please don't, Kuwabara-kun doesn't mean anything by it," she said looking at him directly. The girl looked like she was about to cry. He sighed, that looked just like those looks Yugi gives him when he wants something.

"Fine," he said then turned to look at Kuwabara, "Be thankful mortal. Is there any place I could rest for a while?" Malik asked the red-eyed girl who smiled at him welcomingly.

"Sure, I'll show you!" She said happily and led him to the room he woke up in. He couldn't help but smile. Yukina sorta reminded him of Yugi, except Yugi was more mischievous now than he was before. The girl wasn't that bad. In fact he liked her kind nature and wondered if she really is naïve to the Jou-personality's like for her.

"Is there anything else you need?" she asked politely. 'Polite as Ryou.' He thought.

"Are you really that naïve?" he asked. She was surprised at his question.

"Are your eyes really lavender?" she asked back dodging the question. If the imp's twin sister didn't want to answer then so be it.

"Yes."

"Really? They're very pretty." Malik was taken back.

"Uh…thanks. I guess they're aren't common in this world."

"No. I'm sorry, I've taken up your rest time. Excuse me." She stood up and was about to leave but Malik grasped her wrist before she could leave.

"It's okay. Stay, if you still wish to talk." Malik couldn't believe himself. The imp might kill him because of his sister-complex.

"Okay, Malik-san." She sat back down again. They began talking about everything and nothing. Malik told her about the world he stayed in and showed her the different duel monster cards. She laughed at some of the stories he told her. He did remember to leave out some parts.

Unknown to them, Hiei was watching in a tree where he could see them. Kurama and Yuusuke left back to their apartment while Kuwabara left to his. Hiei hated to admit it but this was the first human that he didn't dislike at first sight. The blond wasn't that bad and wasn't that weak in power. Right now with his jagan he can't sense anything from Malik. He wasn't able to sense the same energy from before. He glanced once more before going off to train. Slacking off wasn't an option.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: Thanks for the visits!

Like it? Review!