Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Open Doors ❯ Turn of Events ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Open Doors

Part 6: Turn of Events

"Hello, Malik. Long time no see."

Malik struggled against his attacker. Even if he couldn't win, he should at least give it a try. His attacker just laughed at his attempts. Then he was pinned down and with no chance of escape. Just like before…

"That's what I love about you, always so wild, unable to tame. That is until I beat you into submission. I think you've just hit bad luck today my hikari. I still have to pay you back for what you did to me."

"No! You're supposed to be locked away in the shadows, Marik," Malik said. (A/N: Malik=hikari, Marik=yami.)

"My hikari, I was, but I guess I have to be a little generous. After all, thanks to you, I'm free again," Marik said smirking at Malik's shocked face.

"What are you talking about?" His voice was in disbelief.

"That's not important. Now that I'm here," he said looking at Malik suggestively, "I think I'm going to have some fun." He whispered the last part in Malik's ear.

"Don't yell or I'll kill the first person who opens the door."

Malik nodded at the threat. He knew it would happen. It happened before. Mai came in one time. She knew what was going on but she kept silent, even Isis didn't know what was going on. At least Mai was there when he agreed to send Marik to the shadows after so long of torture from the wild haired yami. He thought that it was over, that finally he could sleep better. So much for three years.

Luckily the door opened. Marik stopped what he was doing and looked towards the door. Yukina stood there in shock. Marik growled in annoyance and placed the blade back on Malik's neck.

"Come in and shut the door girl, unless you want me to kill him," Marik said nicking Malik's neck a bit making blood spill out a little.

Yukina obeyed and stood by the door. Marik knew that this wasn't the time.

"You're lucky, my hikari. This is just going to be heaven compared to what I'm going to do next time." Marik brought Malik's head up to his and kissed him forcefully. Malik gasped and Marik slipped his tongue, exploring the contours of his mouth. Marik then pulled away and disappeared against the shadows. Malik sighed in relief. He shakily stood up. He needed to get out of there. He didn't want to endanger his newfound friends, though he never wanted to consider them that much. Malik walked toward the door, though a bit shakily. Yukina went to him to help. But he shoved her lightly away.

"I'll be out for a while. Please tell everyone not to follow me and don't tell them about what you saw, okay?" Malik said softly so that only him and the koorime could hear.

"But Malik, you look sick, you should rest," Yukina protested.

"I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I told you already I'm fi-" Malik toppled over but Yukina caught him before he could hit the ground. She helped him over to the futon. She lied him down and lifted his head. She laid his head on her lap. Then began to brush her fingers through his hair in a soothing manner. Malik sighed and gave up. He closed his eyes before opening them again to see Yukina. He grasped her hand making her stop her movements. Then he said,

"Thanks, Yukina."

* * *

Marik wandered around the town and the new world that he wasn't familiar with. He picked up some things from the locals. He got directions to an abandoned warehouse. It was perfect. He went in and looked around. It was bare. 'Perfect,' he thought.

He kneeled down from the center and placed his hand on the floor. He then let out a huge wave of shadow energy. This time, there was no Malik and no Pharaoh to stop him.

* * *

At the Ishtar house…

Isis bolted out of bed. Cold sweat was pouring down her face. She had a nightmare. She could only remember bits and pieces of it. She calmed down and got out of bed careful not to wake up Mai. She went into the kitchen and got a glass of water. She sighed then walked to Ryou's room where he's probably sleeping and the floating pendant was still wandering around the maps. She peaked in to see Ryou asleep along with Bakura who was beside him. By their nakedness she could tell what happened. Soundproof walls work such wonders. She then looked to see that the floating pendant wasn't floating but staying in one spot. Isis thought back to her nightmare. Malik was in danger.

Isis went in and shook Ryou awake. He was a very light sleeper and really is paranoid. He bolted up in surprise and looked around until his gaze landed on Isis. Panic filled him. She shook her head. She then pointed to the stopped pendant. Ryou looked and went over after wrapping a blanket around himself. The pendant stopped in a different map but was still in Japan. Ryou then noticed her tired eyes.

"What happened?" he asked her.

"I had a nightmare. It's about Malik. I think he's in danger."

* * *

Back to Malik…

Malik soon fell asleep in Yukina's lap. He was tired and over the shock that his darker half was going to do. He had flashbacks and he didn't want to relive them. Yukina stayed with him even when he slept. Unknown to them they had eavesdroppers. They were none other than Yuusuke, Kurama, and Hiei. They were sitting out on the branch that Hiei always sits in to watch Yukina.

"I've been wondering," Kurama began then turned his attention to Hiei, "Why you never attempted to hurt him as you did Kuwabara," he finished.

"Hn. I'm not stupid," Hiei responded.

"What do you mean by that?" Yuusuke asked.

"Although it doesn't show, he could kill all three of us in one blow along with the world. I'm not stupid to try and kill him."

"Hiei's right. When we first saw him I felt this air of malice around us. It felt ready to kill us."

"Koenma's here." Hiei said before disappearing back into the temple. The two sighed.

"At least he should've waited for us."

* * *

It's been two days. It's been two days since Marik arrived.

Malik couldn't get an ounce of sleep. Plus he had nightmares and he didn't want to disturb anyone. And as how lucky it was for him that their mission had to do with his yami! They didn't know about Marik and the only thing they said at his picture is that 'Hey this guy looks like you'. Malik was pissed when Yuusuke said that. Yuusuke was now suffering a bruise. He didn't want any relation to his darker half that he created a long time ago. He cursed himself for that.

He never told the others about him. He kept hidden information. They didn't need to know. He just hoped that the others don't suspect anything.

It has been shitty ever since this whole fiasco started. Malik was beginning to regret it. He walked out of the room and into the living space where everyone was.

"Malik decided to bring your lazy butt here and help us, huh?" Kuwabara stated smugly. Malik already has a headache.

"Shut up, make-inu. That ugly bark of yours is giving me a headache," Malik said sitting by Hiei near the window. Seemed like the fire demon's presence took his headache away.

"When is that ever not true?" Hiei muttered. Malik chuckled a little.

"What are you two saying over there? Come and say it to my face," Kuwabara said coming up to them. Malik rolled his eyes and kicked his leg making him topple to the ground.

"No balance, minus 20 points," Malik began, "Hiei?" Hiei looked surprised and then caught on from the telepathic message he received from him.

"No poise, minus 15," Hiei said nonchalantly.

"Anybody else? Shizuru?"

"Being a loud mouth, minus 5," Shizuru said.

"Minus 50 for three of you not participating," Koenma said when he arrived.

"Participating in what? Plotting against he demon that can wield in-friggin-credible magic? From what I hear you got nothing on him, genius. So how the hell are you going to defeat him?" Malik said.

"You can't beat any demon higher than S-class?" Kuwabara said.

"You can't, so I don't see why I have to lower myself to your level of bragging. Now leave me alone baka before I really let you feel the shadows."

Kuwabara immediately shut up when he felt the shadows surrounding him, ready to jump out at any moment.

"FUCK!"

The occupants heard the voice of someone definitely male and went to investigate outside since that's where it is. The man was further down the steps and they all went running to him.

"Next time Ryou's going to do this. I'm not going to fall from the sky and land hard on this fuckin-" The man realized he had an audience. He grinned back as he saw a familiar face while he looked at the grinning person.

"Bakura, fall out of the sky and crashed into the steps. Enjoy the ride?" Malik said smirking like there was no tomorrow.

"Yes I did. Next time I'm going to put Isis into the portal and see how she likes it, falling off the sky," Bakura said.

"Funny, I was going to do the same thing to Ryou but then he could levitate better than the rest of us. Come, I'll introduce you."

"Whatever. When Ryou wakes up we're leaving."

"He's here?"

"Yes but he decided to take a nap and let me handle the consequences of traveling."

"Poor, Kura, you must've fallen that hard for him."

"Shut up Malik."

The two began to talk of times while the others just followed back into the temple. As soon as they arrived Genkai was waiting there. She rolled her eyes at the new arrival.

"Great a new mouth to feed. How many rooms do I need now?" she said coolly. Bakura fumed.

"Listen you old hag I don't bother with charity. I take it for myself if I need it," Bakura said. Before he could say anything further Ryou took control confusing everyone, except Malik. "I'm sorry," Ryou said then yawned.

"Hello Ryou, finally decided to take your punishment for sending me somewhere without testing it out on something first?" Malik said evilly and advanced on a scared Ryou who backed up and put his hands out in defense.

"Now Malik can we talk about this? At least you're not dead, right?" Ryou said defending himself.

"Dead? Oh it's worst than being dead, Ryou, in fact it was torture. Now I think I will torture you pass death." Malik reached for him but Ryou took off running to avoid him. There were screams and 'eeps' coming from the crowd and crashes being heard. Malik finally got Ryou and pinned him to the wall with his hands around his neck. Ryou 'eeped' and tried to pry Malik's hands off. But the fellow hikari was stronger. Then in an abrupt change of mood his fist flew to Malik's face making him let go and stumble back.

"Harm my hikari again, tomb keeper, I'll send your scrawny ass to the shadow realm," it was obviously Bakura who spoke. "Though I do not see what that crazy yami of yours sees in you. Maybe just someone to screw around with." Malik became easily angered. He lunged at the white-haired yami and began landing a series of punches against him. Tears were threatening to fall from the corner of his eyes as he was reminded of his yami that was not back to life in his own body no less. Ryou and Bakura split up. Bakura was still under Malik's harsh assaults while Ryou tried to restrain him.

"Malik stop!" Ryou said pulling the blond off his yami.


"You don't know jack shit tomb robber. You don't know anything!" Malik shook the grip Ryou had on him and stormed to the room he stays in.

"Bakura! That wasn't nice! You know Malik doesn't like you talking about Marik!" Ryou scolded his yami, oblivious to the audience.

"Stupid tomb keeper needs to shape up. He's getting weaker. We have an audience," Bakura said in Egyptian. Ryou understood since his yami taught him everything he knew. Now they have some explaining to do.

Back in the room, Malik sighed. He took some time to cool down. He didn't want to relive what he experienced when his yami was around. It was too painful. He needed to sleep. He felt tired. Soon enough his eyes were closed and his breaths, even.

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: I think some of you are disappointed that Marik is bad in this fic but, I couldn't think of anything other than that. But I couldn't help it! He's so cool when he's acting evil! Isn't he? Though he could sometimes be good if he wanted to. Oh yeah, expect late updates on future chapters. School is starting for me in a week and a half and writers block hits me at the same time! How unfair the school district is!

Like it? Review!