Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Open Doors ❯ Torment ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Open Doors

Part 8: Torment

Ryou sighed. Things have seriously gotten complicated. He wondered what they should do. Marik was back. From what Mai told him and what Hiei's visions showed him it wasn't good. He finally got the answer why Malik immediately banished Marik after Shadi asked what to do. Marik didn't seem very pleased at the request, he noticed. He picked up his phone. He spelled it to where they could contact between worlds. He needed to bring the pharaoh here. They were in big trouble if Marik hasn't changed.

----------------------------------------------

At the Ishtar house…

Isis was cleaning up the house. She had nothing better to do. Of course she started cursing because her phone rang and it was loosing her concentration. She figured she was hanging around her brother too much. She picked up the phone.

"This is the Ishtar house, Isis speaking. What the hell do you want?" she said not looking to see if she was being polite or not. But that didn't matter at the moment.

"Isis, we've got a problem," she heard Ryou's voice drift through the phone. She listened in carefully, registering what Ryou was saying. 'Oh no,' she thought.

----------------------------------------------

Malik, Bakura, and Marik were eating. So far they, Bakura and Marik, Malik didn't participate that much, managed to send five people to the shadow realm, beat up ten gangs, and steal some very priceless daggers off a collection shop. Malik poked at his food. Marik was rather acting normal around company but when there wasn't any he was different. Something Malik didn't want to face anytime soon. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't hear Bakura call his name.

"Yo, earth to Malik! Is anyone there?" Bakura said smacking Malik up side the head bring him back to reality.

"Tomb Robber, what the hell did you do that for?" Malik said rubbing his head where he was hit.

"You were on another planet. I needed another way to send you back to reality."

"Be thankful I stopped him from pouring the ice down the back of your shirt," Marik said suddenly. Malik was surprised.

"Uh…thanks I guess." Malik responded not knowing how to respond.

----------------------------------------------

In the Kame Game shop…

Isis was really discussing pretty much nonsense. Yami couldn't understand and Yugi gave up a minute ago. Isis still kept talking and stuttering and just saying things way too fast. Yami had enough.

"Okay that's it! Calm down and please explain to me what the hell were you just talking about?" Yami said a little ticked off.

"Sorry, pha-uh Yami," she corrected herself since Yami didn't want her calling him that because he had enough of it from Bakura, "But Ryou and Bakura need you there along with Malik. I think something is wrong and I know something is going to happen because I've had a vision and I wish to see Malik alive and living well," she finished.

"When do we leave?"

"As soon as possible. When you can."

"Alright we'll leave right now. Is there any side affects to this?"

"Yeah, levitate when you get there."

----------------------------------------------

Back in the Hakusho world…

Ryou patiently waited for Yami and Yugi to arrive. He sat out on the steps waiting for them to fall from the sky. He thought back to the conversation he had with Hiei. He never thought someone as powerful as Hiei would be able to even peak into Malik's dreams like that. Those were private matters but he guessed when worst comes to worst sometimes you don't have to follow. He was snapped out of his thoughts when a flash of light shined in his direction. He shielded his eyes. When he opened them he saw the form of Yami only. He figured Yugi was in his soul room. Now he had one question in his mind. How the hell did they do that without falling out of the sky?

He saw Yami smirk as if he heard that thought. Ryou rolled his eyes in annoyance and sighed. He motioned for Yami to follow him, since he figured it was Yami who was in control. He could tell the difference from who smirked.

"Stop smirking Yami before I turn you into a porcupine for a day and let Bakura take care of you," Ryou threatened. Yami paled at the threat. He remembered the last time when Ryou turned him into a rabbit because he was having one of his moments, Yugi never bothered to help him, Bakura was taking care of him and he was tortured and not fed for the whole day. That was scary. But then he thought of what a porcupine does to defend itself. He slightly smirked at that thought.

"C'mon Ryou, are you just trying to figure out how I was able to land on the ground instead of the air?" Yami asked amused.

"Unfair Yami now let Yugi out so our hostess wouldn't get pissed."

"Hey, Ryou! How's it going? Is Bakura behaving?" Yugi said gaining control.

"Surprisingly yes. Somehow he found someone here he could go on a raid with. C'mon I'll introduce you to the people here."

After Yami and Yugi getting their introductions he noticed how some of them were almost related to people in their dimension. It was kinda weird. But he just shrugged it off as some unfortunate excuse. He looked at their new suspect and gasped in surprise. He never knew Marik was back. If he was then it meant trouble, especially, he figured, Malik was in danger. As he stared at the useless file of Koenma's he noticed something. The picture was different. Something was way off.

"Yugi, Ryou, something is wrong here," Yami said to them. It caught everyone's attention when they saw that he was holding the file folder in one of Koenma's most wanted.

"What is it Yami?" Yugi asked as he walked over, as did Ryou.

"This." Yami pointed to the picture, a certain spot in the picture.

"What?" Ryou asked.

"This isn't Marik."

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: I'm sorry people! I apologize for the shortness of this chapter, it's just that I've been on writers block for this. I'm trying to get the almost finished stories done first but I work on this from time to time. And I promise next time there will be either two chapters up or a long, long chapter. Thanks for your reviews and visits! I hope no one is tired of this yet!

Like it? Review!