Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ School's Crazy ❯ Chapter 3: Countdown To The End Of Freedom: Three... ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Countdown To The End Of Freedom: Three…
 
Drof: ^_^ I am on chappie three now. This is, like, the only thing I have any inspiration for. I've become obsessed with this pairing…Oh! Who wants to know the pairings in this fic? Tell me in your review if you want to know.
 
BHS: Hm…We've never put up pairing lists…
 
Drof: ^_^ So it's a mystery to everyone who doesn't know all my characters. Nikio's been around for a pretty long time, but I haven't used him that much…He's become a sort of plot-filler, which is what I first made him to be, but he's really supposed to be a main character…
 
BHS: Whatever. Just get on with the story.
 
Drof: Right! ^_^
 
Disclaimer: Drof owns nothing because she's stupid, pathetic, and poor. She's even renting the cardboard box she lives in.
 
Drof: -_-0 I own the OCs, as we all know. I'm trying to get a copy-right on Nikio, because his name's really cool.
 
Warnings: Bakura-ness, cursing, throwing of fruit, and insanity. Oh yeah, and solid proof that Nikio is gay.
***
Chapter 3: Countdown To The End Of Freedom: Three…
 
 
Bakura's POV
 
When I woke up, it hit me that, after today, I had two days of freedom left. I decided to make the most of all of them.
 
Then I tried to figure out exactly how I was going to do that. After an entire hour of sitting on the windowsill and wondering what to do, I decided to swallow my pride and ask Pretty-boy. Unfortunately, he was still asleep….It was nearly noon, for Ra's sake! Ignoring his laziness…How to wake him up?
 
“Hey, Pretty-boy,” I said. “Wake up already.” No response. “Yo! Pretty-boy!” After a few minutes of calling his name, during which I got no response, I started to get annoyed. I hopped down off the windowsill and walked over to his bed, bent down, and—.
 
Hey! Wake up!!” I yelled, as loud as I could, right in his ear.
 
I swear, he jumped six freakin' feet, straight up. It was hilarious. I seriously thought I was going to die laughing. Unfortunately, I was too busy laughing my ass off to notice how pissed he was. Well, right up until an apple hit me in the face. Something crunched…
***
Nikio's POV
 
Will I ever be able to wake up on my own? For that matter, will I ever be woken up nicely? I mean, whatever happened to gently shaking someone? I either get jumped on and yelled at, end up being shaken like a chewtoy, or someone breaks my eardrums. It'd be a good twenty minutes before my ears stopped ringing, at least.
 
Just to show how supremely irritated I was, I grabbed the nearest thing (an apple) and threw it at that laughing jackass. I must have thrown it a bit harder than I meant to, because I could hear his nose crunching from all the way across the room (he'd jumped back after he woke me up, presumably so I wouldn't fall on him after jumping straight up in the air.). Ow, that sounded nasty. His laughter quickly turned to howls of pain, and he clamped his hands over his gushing nose (it's amazing how much blood can flow from one's nose, it really is) and glared at me.
 
Well, he deserved it. I'm not very reasonable when I've been rudely awoken. Plus, I don't like Bakura. I don't know exactly what it is about him, but I just can't stand him. Stupid white-haired jerk. Why was his hair white? He looked like some sort of wannabe-blonde. Hmm, maybe I'd have liked him better if he was blonde…
 
By this point in time, he was glaring at me and howling something about legal action and/or siccing his brother on me. I blinked.
 
“You have a brother?”
 
“You broke by dose, you bastard!” he howled. Really. I know the question was a bit out of place for the situation, but he didn't need to scream at me. Nor did I need confirmation that I'd broken his nose. I heard it go `crunch'.
 
“Yes, I know that,” I said patiently. “You should probably go have the nurse look at that. It looks rather nasty.”
***
Still Nikio's POV
 
This time it was justified! I swear! He attacked me! After I told him that I knew that I'd broken his nose (and I was about to apologize, too), he leapt at me and began trying to throttle me. I'm going to have bruises on my neck for weeks now. Somehow, I managed to get him off of me. Then I had to fend him off, and I somehow ended up blacking one of his eyes in the process (I still don't know how), which, of course, made him mad.
 
That still isn't any reason to call me a murderer. I hadn't murdered him. He was certainly alive enough to scream at me, at any rate. I pointed this out to him, which made him start screaming again. Really, that man is very unstable. You know, if he's not on drugs, I think he needs to be. Prozac, maybe, or something like that. What's that stuff they give to crazy people?
 
He screamed at me for a bit longer, then got this sort of dazed look on his face and sat down on my bed.
 
“Hey!” I objected. “You're bleeding on my sheets. Stop it.” He didn't even respond to that, which was clue number one that something was wrong.
 
Then he looked at me, smiled, and said, “I thig I'b going to pass out.” Then he passed out. Right on my bed, too, and he was still bleeding. This was really inconvenient. I couldn't just leave him there (although the thought of just letting him die from blood-loss was an appealing one). I sighed, realizing what I had to do.
 
“Why me?” I groaned, as I attempted to lift his inert body. God, he was heavy!! After a couple minutes of trying, I managed to pick him up, only to face another problem: How was I going to carry him? I couldn't sling him over my shoulder—he was taller than me, and his head would be on the floor, which he'd yell at me for if he woke up. I toyed with the idea of pulling one of his arms over my shoulders, but he was too heavy.
 
In fact, there wasn't a single way which worked, save for one: I'd have to carry him down the nurse's office bridal-style. Lovely. If BHS saw, I would never live it down….
 
So, there I was, walking through the halls, carrying my unconscious roommate in my arms like he was my bride, when I run into none other than—our headmaster. Joy. That really took the cake. Worst event of the day.
 
Now, don't get me wrong. I like Ishtar. He's a nice guy. However, he's also completely insane, and I just knew he'd get the wrong idea. Sure enough, I was right.
 
“Hey! When's the wedding, and why wasn't I invited?” was his very first comment. I sighed, and explained that there was no wedding. “So, you guys are, like, eloping?”
 
“I am not eloping with Bakura, Ishtar-san,” I said patiently. Like I said, I like Ishtar. We're friends, which is why I can call him `san' when everyone else has to call him `sama'.
 
“Oh? Are you running away to live a secret life of crime with him?”
 
“No, Ishtar-san.”
 
“Say, how are you two getting along?” Ishtar doesn't believe in staying on subject. He wasn't very easy to talk to.
 
“Like a house on fire,” I replied. That was the best way I could think to put it. In other words, we didn't get along well. Of course, that was pretty obvious.
 
“Oh. Say, why's he bleeding?” Ishtar questioned.
 
“I threw an apple at him and broke his nose.” I have this irritating habit of being honest when people ask me questions. And, quite frankly, I don't know why. I'm the only person I know with that problem.
 
“Why?”
 
“He woke me up.”
 
“Oh.” Even Ishtar knows better than to wake me up. I almost strangled him once when he came into my room in the middle of the night (for God knows what reason) and accidentally stepped on me (yes, I was sleeping on the floor). The incident had never been repeated. “Well, you'd better get him to the nurse, before he bleeds to death.”
 
“That's what I'm doing, Ishtar-san.” I began walking again, not bothering to wait for a reply from Ishtar. I knew he wouldn't say anything. Conversations with him ended once someone began moving away from him, which is actually fairly convenient for those who like to weasel out of things.
 
I took me about ten more minutes to reach the nurse's office, during which my arms began to ache. Then I had to wait by her desk for her to finish her phone-call and notice me, which was another ten minutes. By the time she actually realized I existed, my arms felt like they were on fire, and I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to lift anything heavier than a pillow for the next week or so.
 
“What happened?” she asked, staring first at my neck, then at Bakura's face.
 
“He woke me up and I threw an apple at him and it broke his nose,” I explained. “And then he tried to strangle me, and I somehow blacked his eyes, and then he passed out. Then I had to carry him here, and here we are.”
 
“What am I supposed to do about it?” I don't really like the nurse. She's not incompetent, but she's lazy and doesn't like helping people. Sometimes I think she only took the job because she could sit here all day and talk to people on the phone.
 
“Stop the bleeding?” I suggested.
 
“And how do you propose I do that?”
 
“I don't know. You're the nurse.” I laced that with just enough of an accusatory tone to make her realize that she had a job to do.
 
“Care to put him down?” She was sneering at me as I laid Bakura down on the couch in the corner. I gave a sort of mental sigh, but didn't say anything about it. The world was full of people like her, there was no way I could expect to not run into them from time to time.
 
“I had to carry him here,” I explained, favouring her with a cold look of my own, “because he couldn't walk. He was unconscious, you see.”
 
“Oh yeah, I'm sure you're complaining.”
 
“Actually, yes, I am. I don't like him. Now, are you going to help him, or are you going to continue being a bitch to me because of my sexuality?” I smiled pleasantly as I said this. The look on her face was priceless. Priceless. She snapped out of being surprised in a few moments, though, and shot me nasty looks while she did something to make Bakura's nose stop bleeding. It seemed to involve stuffing a lot of ice (along with a few pounds of cotton-balls) up his nose. I wondered idly if he could still breathe like that.
 
“What happened to your neck?” the nurse asked me, when she was finished eyeing me with utter disdain.
 
“He tried to strangle me,” I said in as even a tone as I could manage. I really can't stand stupid people, and she wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.
 
“Why did he do that?”
 
“I already explained this, miss.”
 
“Why aren't you wearing a shirt?” I just stared at her for a little, momentarily unable to comprehend her utter stupidity.
 
“Well, if you had been listening to me instead of staring at my chest,” I told her, “then you would know that he had woken me up, thus resulting in the events that caused him to try and kill me. You would have not only learned why I'm not wearing a shirt, but you would also know why this entire event had taken place.”
 
She just sort of gaped at me, and then `hmph'ed and said, “Like I'd want to look at someone like you.”
 
“Yeas,” I agreed, “I'm out of your league, aren't I?” Her face turned a fascinating color as she sputtered at me.
 
Before this scintillating conversation could continue, Bakura sat up, put a hand to his head, and asked, “Where the hell am I?”
 
“In the nurse's office,” I answered. “I took you here after you passed out.”
 
“Why?”
 
“I don't know,” I admitted. “I guess I didn't want you to bleed to death all over my sheets.” I could sense the disdainful glare.
 
“Why is that lady glaring at you?”
 
“She's a socially-ruled, self-righteous, narrow-minded individual.” I smiled in satisfaction at his look of utter confusion.
 
“Er…”
 
“Shall we leave?” I suggested after a little. Bakura nodded, and we left. On the way out I turned and waved to the nurse, smiling at her glare. She slammed the door behind us hard enough to make the frame rattle.
 
“So, what shall we do?” I mused. “Three days of freedom…”
 
“I was gonna ask you what we were going to do,” Bakura grumbled, “but then you attacked me.”
 
“I'm sorry. You woke me up,” I replied.
 
“You gave me a black eye, too!”
 
“Yeah, well, only after you tried to strangle me! Look at my neck!” I pointed to the livid bruises. He looked, and shrugged.
 
“So?”
 
“So? So I'm going to have to wear high-collars for weeks!” I yelled.
 
“Yeah, well, at least your nose isn't splattered across your face!” he yelled back.
 
“I didn't mean to hit you! You woke me up!”
 
“It was noon!”
 
“Yeah, well, I hadn't slept in three days!”
 
“That's not my problem!!”
 
“It's not your problem how long I sleep, either!”
***
Bakura's POV
 
Me and Pretty-boy ended up getting into a screaming match in the hall, which was only ended when someone came up behind us and banged our heads together. We bother whirled and yelled at him.
 
“Bastard!” I screamed.
 
“Go away!” Pretty-boy told him. Then he blinked, realized who he was talking to, and apologized. It was the headmaster, that scary guy from yesterday. The one with the hair.
 
“What are you two doing?” he asked. “That's no way for newlyweds to behave.”
 
What the f^ck?!
 
“What the hell are you on, and where can I get some?” I demanded.
 
“Ishtar-san,” Pretty-boy explained in a slightly exasperated tone, “Bakura and I are not married. I don't even like him, and he can't stand me. We don't get along. Remember?”
 
“Oh, yes,” Porcupine-Head said. “Erm, Nikio.”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Why were you antagonizing the nurse?”
 
“She was being narrow-minded and stupid,” Pretty-boy replied.
 
“You mean she was being nasty to you for being gay?”
 
“Exactly!” Well. So Pretty-boy really was gay. I wasn't sure before, but now I was certain. That wasn't a surprise, though.
 
“Nikio,” Porcupine-Head sighed, “I understand and sympathize, but please, try not to make a scene, alright? Just ignore her.”
 
“Normally,” Pretty-boy muttered, throwing a glare at me, “I would have. I'd just been woken up and then nearly strangled, however.”
 
“Ah, I see. Well, have a nice day.” With that, Porcupine-Head walked away, waving cheerily. I looked at him, and then back at Pretty-boy, and swirled my finger in a little circle at my temple. The universal sign for `crazy'. Pretty-boy nodded and sighed.
 
We went back to the room, and my damn nose started bleeding again, at which point I passed out (being rather woozy from blood-loss). I woke up several hours later with ungodly amounts of tissue stuffed up my nose, went and ate dinner (during which nothing worth mentioning happened), and went back to sleep.
 
So, all in all, I did absolutely nothing constructive or fun on my first day of freedom.
***
Drof: It's short, I know, but at least I got two up in one day….Besides, it would have been hideously long otherwise.
 
BHS: And no one likes this fic enough to pay any attention to it.
 
Drof: People like it! I have six reviews!!!
 
BHS: One of them's yours…
 
Drof: Shaddup. Anyway, YMIMD, shh! You're gonna spoil it!
 
BHS: She already has.
 
Drof: Hmm…good point. Er….Don't spoil it anymore?
 
BHS: ¬.¬ Nice.
 
Drof: Er, anyway: REVIEW!! Arctic, REVIEW ALREADY!!! And, er…..review.