Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 1 Week For Lost Love ❯ Song For The Tears Of My Heart ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

NOTE: I DO NOT OWN THIS SONG! It belongs to Evanescence (I hope I spelled that right)

Name: 'My Immortal'

Chapter 2--- ~Song For The Tears Of My Heart~

*~*~*~*

Kurama's POV

Usually the days never start off any differently at Melo Private Acedemy. Just a routine day, as most students attending here would say. However....That does not seem to be the case for me right now.

Just another day......And I couldn't be more frightened. Alright maybe 'frightened' is a little over dramatic.

I was sitting quietly in my usual assigned seat. In my exploratory Music class.

"Alright everyone! Today is the day and I do hope your all excited!!" Said Mr. Toyashi, the music intsrtuctor. "You are all prepared right? You only had 2 months to do this assignment." Each one of us nodded our heads, completely surprising me.

"Okay now.....who wants to be first?"

Naturally, noone raised their hands.

"Glad to see how enthusiastic my students are." Toyashi scanned his eyes over the class, his eyes seeming to stop on me. "Ah! Shuichi!"

The beating in my heart stopped.

Toyashi pointed his finger at me, full of excitment, "How about you start us off!" Took me a while to cotemplate my answer, and by some unkown force inside me, I nodded my head yes.

My heart still refusing to beat.

"Great C'mon up!!"

I didn't move. I couldn't.

Toyashi looked at me confused. "Shuichi?"......Again I didn't respond and my body refused to move.

What I just agreed to do was making me nervous beyond all logic. But I know Toyashi is right, we had 2 months to make and prepare. Prepare a song, a song from anything, our happiness, experiences, our pain.....

"Shuichi?"

I heard the other students' voices around me, saying my name. And I finally was able to let a breath into my body, as I stood up, and headed for the small stage.

I walked to the stereo and put my tape in, then looked back at everyone, their eyes seeming to be wide in excitment. Each one watching to see my next move. My heart was beating so fast, just looking at everyone staring. Everything else shut down, as I heard the click of the 'Play' button on the stereo.

Then...The light Piano beat started up.

And I closed my eyes.......And that's where it all started.....

" I'm so tired of being here.....Surpressed by all my childish fears." Everything around me was no more.....

"And if you have to leave..." An image of Hiei appeared in my mind. "I wish that you would just leave."

I watched in my mind as Hiei leaped off my window seal, "'Cause your presence still lingers here..."

As he left me forever, "And it won't leave me alone."

"These wounds won't seem to heal...This pain is just to real." My lyrics were echoing in my mind as I tried to rid Hiei from it. "There's just too much that time cannot erase."

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears," My eyes still would not open, I could not let any tears escape. " When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears."

"And I held your hand through all of these years." Oh Hiei.....

"But you still have..........All of me." God I love you......

I had tried to sing the next parts, best as I could, still keeping my eyes closed.

"You used to captivate me, by your resonating mind..........Now I'm bound by the life you left behind."

I felt a warm stinging in the corner of my eyes as I continued. "Your face in haunts, my once pleasent dreams." All the sleepness nights, all the pain, it all came rushing back so quickly.

"Your voice it chased away, all the sanity in me."

"These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just to real.."

Something warm ran down my cheek, but I made no means to move it. "There's just too much that time cannot erase."

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears..." Dear God, I'm the one crying!

"When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears.."

I still did not open my eyes as small tears fell. "And I held your hand through all of these years......

But you still have.....All of me." It's true, every word that escapes my mouth, is true. If only you could hear my pain Hiei.....

My heart clenched painfully in my chest as I started to sing the next words.

"I've tried so hard to tell myself that your gone..." The beating was getting unbarable, I could barely breathe.

"But though your still with me...." Harder and harder.

Clenching the micrphone, I sung the last words as loud as I could. "I've been alone all along!!" Nothing could stop them now, even with my eyes closed the tears ran down like a river off my face, falling just as fast as the guitar beat in the background.

Splashing to the ground.

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears........When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears..."

"And I held your hand through all of these years..."

"But you still have....All of me." The last tear hit the ground with a small splash that I could only hear.

As I finally opened my eyes it revealed to me a rather shocking site. My whole class even the teacher...Had tears falling from their eyes. The music had faded out already, and now I was the one awaiting a reaction.

............................

A single clap had broken the silence.

Then another.

And another.

Until the whole class was rauring as if they were in a concert.

All I did, was give a single bow, grabbed my tape...And walked off the stage. As nerve racking as that was, I thought that would be all. But I was wrong. Sitting in my usual spot, Mr. Toyashi came up to me, wanting to speak before the other student gave his performance.

"Shuichi, " He looked down at me, "That-That was amazing. You did all that yourself? The music? Lyrics? All of it?" I just nodded, as he took a seat beside me. "Shuichi Minamino, where did your incperation come from?"

Instantly I felt ill. I couldn't tell him....Tell him it all came from Hiei.......The way he-he left me, left my heart just like that.....Like we had nothing at all....

"Just something that came to mind is all."

He looked at me like a criminal being interrogated, "No way. Something like that? Unbeleivable!"

I literally felt myself go pale. My vision began to fade and my stomach was twisting and turning. All those memories rushing in and out of my head, it was just to much to bare! I shot up quick, holding my hand over my mouth.

Toyashi's look wen't worried, "Are you alright Shuichi?"

I didn't even say anything to him, just shook my head 'no', and ran as fast as I could out of the room.

*~*~*~*

Yusuke watched the whole thing from his hiding spot in the door way. Saw as Kurama bolted up from his seat and ran out of the room at a lightning fast speed, not even noticing him. Though he could not hear the words that were exchanged...He knew that there was something wrong.

Just as quickly as Kurama, Yusuke bolted down the hall way where he saw his friend run off.

//Goddammit! Was Kuwabara really right!? I hate it when that idiot is smarter then this one!!//

As Yusuke turned the corner, Mr. Neuko, the gym teacher at Melo spotted him. The man new immediately the color of the outfit was wrong and that the style hair meant a deliquent. Yusuke noticed just as well that he was about to be followed, so he quickly darted into the men's restroom, hoping to avoid him for awhile.

As Yusuke peeked out the door to check if the coast was clear, he heard a sickning sound and a hard chocked sob. Turning in shock, he saw one stall open and realized that he reconized the sobs. For this was not the first time he had heard them....

Slowly Yusuke closed the door and turned to walk towards the open stall in the distance. Muffling his steps as he walked. "Holy shit....." Yusuke whispered as he turned his head in the stall. A sickining odor rushing into his senses, causing him to cover both his mouth and nose.

As Yusuke looked closer he realized the source of the smell. It was coming from his friend's heaving. Pressing his hand closer to his face Yusuke stood there, watching. Not quite sure a mothod to help his friend. Minutes passed, as Kurama's heaving slowed little by little. In trying to stand up from the ordeal, Kurama gripped the side of the tiolet, his hand then slipping, revealing a red liquid.

"Kurama!" Yusuke screamed in a panic, not caring who heard as he wrapped both arms in a securing hold around Kurama's waste. Slowly leading him to the floor. "Jeseus Christ!" Yusuke repeated over and over, his heart beat quickening from the panic. He held tighter to Kurama as he began throwing up once again.

This time it was just red.

"Unh.....Unh.." After a while Kurama lifted himself up. Drawing in ragged breathes, he leaned on his helper's shoulder. His fist clenching onto the sleeve, squeezing in and out in pain.

"He was right? He was right wasn't he?" The familiar voice went through Kurama's ears, painfully he lifted his head up, eyes widening as the vision of Yusuke slowly appeared.

Swallowing his blood Kurama parted his lips,"Yu-Yusuke." Hoping his voice would break Yusuke from his trance.

"Kurama!!" His eyes met Kurama's partially parted green. "You need help! You need it now!"

Kurama just shook his head slightly back and forth, "No....I'm gonna be alright."

"Bullshit!!" Yusuke snapped back. "You were throwing-up blood! How long has it been since you've eaten anything!? Hell, how long has it been since you've slept!?" He gripped both Kurama's shoulders tightly, causing him to wince. "How long have you been torturing yourself!?!" Yusuke angrily threw question after question, desperate for any answer that would come from him.

Shamefully bowing his head Kurama tried to hold tears back as he answered. "Don't be angry....It's just been so hard....-"

"It's been a year!" Yusuke tightened his grip.

Kurama winced again, "Yes I know but-"

"I thought, everything from this morning....I thought you were over it all," Yusuke finally let off his grip a little, though not removing his hands from Kurama's shoulders, "was...Was it that song you sung?"

Looking up into Yusuke's eyes, Kurama shook his head in disbelief mouthing 'no' over and over again.

"Kurama? Ah!" He watched silently, as one glistening tear silently trailed down Kurama's cheek.

The room so silent, they could hear the tear splash to the ground.

Then......Another fell.

With the same splash.

"I'm sorry, " Yusuke silenced out the next splash, as he trailed his arms down to Kurama's waste for the 2nd time. Again embrasing Kurama in a tightening grip. "I should have consi-"

"Shut up Yusuke!" Kurama buried his face deep into his shoulder, sobbing. "Just please...S-Shut up......"

Yusuke's eyes softened, "I know you made that song for him.....It was obvious from the first few words. But why?"

"I-I had to let the pain out.....Because....Because, every time I close my eyes......." He tightened his grip on Yusuke, "I see the love with Hiei I could never have!!!" Kurama buried his face as far as it would go into Yusuke's shoulder, crying heart wrenching sobs.

Yusuke shut his eyes as he rubbed Kurama's back in a comforting motion. "It's okay...Just let it out........Just let it all out," He tightly clenched the back of Kurama's school shirt, "once and for all....."

As time seemed to roll by, Yusuke trully had no idea how long he sat there....Holding Kurama close to his body as he sobbed out any pain that was left in his heart.

All Yusuke wanted to do was sit there but a scream, cutting through Kurama's sobs, was arguing otherwise. "Yusuke Urameshi!!! I know your here! You are not allowed to be here without special permission!!" He could hear Mr. Neuko's voice in the distance. Yusuke knew it wouldn't be long before that man found him. And not only would he be in trouble for ditching and sneaking into a private school, but the mere site of him sitting here with Shuichi Minamino would rouse up other questions as well.

"Kurama...." He waited till his sobbing quieted, "Is there any way else out of this school?" Kurama was staring at him strangley as Yusuke looked for the way out. They had both then noticed the far left window that was bigger then them both.

A sweatdrop appeared on Yusuke, "I.....Guess that will do...." He gently pushed Kurama off and walked up to the window. Unclicking the nobs to it, he shoved it out about a foot making sure that it could open. Well, enough for him to fit through atleast.

But before he left, Yusuke walked to Kurama. Falling on one knee he brought himself to his level.

Placing his hand under Kurama's chin, he lifted his eyes to meet him. "Kurama, if I leave...Will you be alright?"

Kurama pulled off from Yusuke's grasp, "No...No I won't! Please don't go yet Yusuke!!"

"Shhh, shh. It's gonna be okay, you'll see." Yusuke scanned his eyes up and down Kurama's body. Then he gently touched his face again. "Hiei left behind so much.......Hn. His loss. " He trailed his finger gently over Kurama's cheek. "I know...That it's alright to keep people in your heart. But that doesn't mean you let it control you. I wan't the old Kurama back. We all do." Yusuke rose to his feet once again. Starting to hear Mr. Neuko's voice get louder and louder.

Walking to the window again he opened it all it could go. This time setting one foot on the edge, then the other, until he was sitting on the edge like a chimp. Turning back to Kurama he gave one last smile.

Kurama turned his head away. "Yusuke?"

Yusuke haulted before he jumped, snapping his head back to face him.

"Please. Don't smile at me like that again......." Yusuke nodded. And jumped. And the following second a loud thump was heard. Kurama stuck his head out the window seeing Yusuke on the ground lying flat on his back.

"Are you alright!?" He yelled to him.

"I did not realize.......We were that high up!" Kurama laughed. Finding out that Yusuke had jumped from the second story window. As Yusuke rose to his feet Kurama watched without a word as he walked off, disappearing in the distance.

"URAMESHI!?" Mr. Neuko smashed into the room. "Shuichi?" He asked scratching his head to the site of Shuichi's body half way out the window. "Are you alright in here?"

"Yes....I think now I am." Kurama actaully meant his words...For the first time in a long, long while.

*~*~*~*