Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Battle for One ❯ A Battle for One ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey everyone! Sorry I took so long getting the second chapter up. One word to say about it: School. Hope you all know what I mean by that. Hope you enjoy the second chapter.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^

~At the docks~

"This is where Yusuke is, I'm sure of it." Kurama announced looking around at the many boxes thrown carelessly around the place.

The other two nodded and ran around the nearby corner to see the battle going on. They started at a run towards that with Kurama not far behind.

Hiei took his katana out as Kurama transformed his rose into the Rose Whip as they neared the battle.

"Looks like they've been busy for a while now…Rose Whip!" Kurama now joined the battle with Hiei at his side. Sazuka just watched them from where she stood.

After about five minutes after the two demons joined in Kuwabara was knocked out and poisoned, Yusuke had a large cut on his arm and poisoned a bit too, and Kurama and Hiei only had minor scratches you could barely see.

Sazuka finally lifted her hand to her chest and held it like she was holding something in it. A second later a few snowflake shaped stars formed in her hand (those star things that ninjas use that are really sharp and can hook onto things, I think they are called stars though) and threw them towards the snake demon, pinning him to the wall making him immobile. Hiei took the shot to slice and dice the serpent in less than a second.

Sazuka stepped over to where Yusuke and the now conscious Kuwabara were trying to stop the bleeding wounds.

"Hiei, we could stop the poison from affecting them if you don't mind helping me." She turned to look at the Fire Demon.

"What could I do to help?" He asked, staring at her with his usual look.

"I could freeze all he cuts on them and then you could use your fire on then and melt the ice and that'll make the poison ineffective."

"Fine, whatever." He said crossing his arms.

Sazuka placed her hands over Yusuke and a blue aura started to glow around them, freezing all the cuts he had.

"Grrrrr! Damn, that's freezing!" Yusuke started to move, but Sazuka held him down.

"Feh, baka ningen. Did you expect it not to be? It is ice after all." Hiei announced.

"I'm sorry, Yusuke, but please don't move." Sazuka ordered, ignoring Hiei's comment.

"Alright, alright! Sheesh!"

She moved next to Kuwabara and repeated the same process.

"Shit! That is cold!" Kuwabara yelled through clenched teeth.

"Hey! I never said I would help him!" Hiei yelled as he finished up with Yusuke.

Kuwabara glared at him. Sazuka turned to face the Fire Demon with her usual expression, not showing much but a frown.

Kurama walked over to him and leaned to breathe in his ear. He spoke in a low voice but so everyone could hear him. `I hope this works.' Kurama prayed. "But I thought you wanted him to die by your hands only. That is what you wanted, right? Or am I mistaken?" Hiei smirked and nodded slightly.

"I suppose when the time is right I will get him." Hiei walked over and released his heat from his body, melting the ice in a matter of seconds.

Kuwabara shot up and started yelling at Hiei as loud as he could. "You idiot! You were going to just let me die like that here, weren't you? I'll show you to do that to me!" He unleashed his Spirit Sword and started to swing aimlessly at the Fire Demon who dodged to easily.

Sazuka just watched them until Kurama came up behind her.

"If you're worried about them, don't be. They `re always going at each other's throats like this. I only said what I did to Hiei so he would help Kuwabara."

Sazuka nodded and turned, walking back the way they came. Hiei saw this and fazed out of sight.

`She's got to be heading back to the lake. Where else would she go?' Hiei thought to himself.

~At the Lake~

Sazuka arrived at the lake and stopped under one of the oak trees.

"Could I help you with something or did you just want to sit there for a particular reason?" She said without looking up.

Hiei jumped down from the branch he was sitting on and stood a few feet from the Ice Demon. "How'd you know I was here?" He asked, unable to believe she knew his ki sense already.

"Your ki." She stated simply, looking at him.

He shrugged off that doubt. "How strong is your ki?" He got to the point just like she had earlier with Kurama.

"Why?"

"I need to know if I can trust you or treat you like that big oaf. I saw what you did with those star things and it only took three of them to keep him in place so it must be pretty strong, right?"

"You were very skilled with your sword by the way." He nodded his thanks and waited for her answer.

A second later there was a rush if spirit energy that even made Hiei show his amazement.

~The same time at Kurama's~

Kurama looked up from his book in shock.

"That energy…it's so strong. I never felt anything like it before." He looked out the window.

~The same time at Kuwabara's~

Kuwabara fell out of bed from his deep sleep.

"What…what was that!?" He panted as he tried to catch his breath from the rush. His face was practically white from shock. "I've never felt something like…like that…before." Then he fainted.

~The same time at Yusuke's~

Yusuke looked up from his magazine with his eyes widened more than ever before with the color draining from his face.

"If that's an enemy I don't even think a thousand Hiei's could survive it. I'm going to die…again. I can just feel it." He dropped the magazine to the floor and just stared out the window.

~Back at the Lake~

Sazuka suppressed her ki once more and looked at Hiei, who was still fairly impressed.

"I don't think we'll have a problem getting along at all." He managed to get out.

"So you trust me?"

He pulled himself together and looked at her. "Not as much as Kurama, but consider it better than Yusuke or that big baka oaf…much better."

She nodded and looked past him to the lake.

"Guess I better be going now. With this team's luck Koenma will have a mission that's going to take forever in a little while." With that said and done, he flitted off.

~Morning~

Sazuka sensed Hiei approaching and stood next to the tree he was on the night before.

"You're here early." She remarked when he stopped moving and stood above her on one of the branches.

He jumped down to face her. "Like I said last night, we got a long mission to go on. There's this tournament going on and Koenma wants us to join it so we can get a bit stronger."

She nodded and walked away towards civilization, Hiei following from the tops of the trees.

They arrived at Koenma's to see Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Kurama already there.

"Good, you made it. Ok then, you should get going now. I've set up a portal that will send you the main gat of the competition. Botan has already signed you up and now you need to get checked in." Koenma stated.

Yusuke led the way in the portal and a few minutes later they were looking around the stadium for oar riding girl. They found her with Yukina and Kuwabara went over to her much to Hiei's displeasure.

Sazuka tugged on Kurama's arm and asked in his ear when he leaned down. "Why is Hiei looking at that girl next to Botan like that?"

Kurama looked at Hiei than the girl Sazuka was indicating and smiled as he knelt next to her. "That's Yukina, Hiei's twin sister. It's a long story but Yukina doesn't know Hiei's her brother, but he's still very protective of her nonetheless. Since Kuwabara likes her a lot that's another reason why he hates him so much."

"Doesn't Kuwabara know about their relationship?"

"No, he somehow missed that information when Yusuke and him got the mission to rescue her from some thugs a while back. He fell for her the minute he saw her and so he missed the part of her being Hiei's twin sister."

"Why doesn't anyone tell him then?"

Kurama shrugged. "Don't know why, but Hiei won't let anyone tell him. My guess s that he thinks he's going to tell Yukina about it and then you just have a big mess."

Sazuka nodded and started to walk away to sit on a bench a little ways away from the somewhat large group.

"Did you guys feel that power last night?" Kuwabara asked suddenly, putting his arm around Yukina's shoulder.

Hiei looked up from the ground and growled at the action, but held himself back from doing anything drastic.

"Yeah, do you think whatever it was is here?" Yusuke questioned.

"Oh, they're here all right." Hiei smirked.

Kurama looked at him, confused. "How do you know that, Hiei?"

Hiei looked at him with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Because that ki you felt, that was Sazuka when she wasn't suppressing it."

Everyone gaped at him.

"Are you serious?" Kuwabara asked, taking his arm back.

The Fire Demon nodded.

"Excuse me, but who's Sazuka? Surely it can't be the leader of the Sacred Demons, can it? I thought Yusuke killed him." Yukina questioned.

"I did. It's a long story and I think it be best if she told you, but she's the newest member to our team." Yusuke told her.

"That's her over there, right? The one those demons are talking to on the bench?" Yukina pointed to the one she indicated.

Everyone looked to where to was pointing and saw a few demons talking to her and laughing. The four nodded and walked over to see what was going on.

"So you're a little cheerleader for one of your favorite teams, right? I bet it's our team." One of them joked.

"Either that or she has a death wish?" Another answered.

"Come on, girly. I'll even give you the pleasure of sitting next to me while I wait fro my turn to win. The third gloated.

Yusuke and Kuwabara clenched and unclenched their fists at the thugs' lack of manners towards a girl.

"Don't they know girls can fight too?" Yusuke said through clenched teeth.

"They shouldn't even talk to girls like that! It's completely fill of disrespect!" Kuwabara did the same.

Kurama and Hiei looked at each other and than they looked back at the bench.

Sazuka looked at the thugs with her usual blank expressionless face. She blinked at them and than closed her eyes.

"Hey! Don't do that when we're talking to you!" The first yelled and grabbed her hand.

Sazuka smirked inwardly and then heard the other two gasping while their companion that was holding her hand was screaming in shock and disbelief along with a bit of fear.

She cracked her eyes open when all became quiet and saw her handy work. They guy that had touched her became nothing more than a frozen statue now. His two companions were fuming when she let them see the amusement in her eyes. They launched themselves at her but before they could a green with thorns came out of nowhere and latched itself on them, cutting into them making them bleed heavily and severely.

She looked over her shoulder to see her four teammates. Yusuke and Kuwabara were laughing their heads off and rolling around on the floor holding their ribs and tears coming out of their eyes. Kurama and Hiei were just smirking with a lot of amusement; Kurama being the holding the whip.

"How do you like my Rose Whip trick?" He asked simply.

"Clever, very clever." Her eyes sparkled a bit with a smile, but other than that her face its usual blank, nodding her thanks slightly.

The battles were about to begin so Sazuka joined with her team.

Yusuke and Kuwabara were still laughing pretty hard. Hiei was leaning against the wall keeping his eyes fixed on Yukina to make sure no thugs tried anything on her. Kurama and Botan were talking. And Sazuka decided to join Hiei.

"Why can't you tell her?" She asked, making him turn to look at her like she was some nut. "Kurama told me you were her brother."

"Oh, that." He understood now. "It's because of my Jagan. When I received it I couldn't tell her. Nothing will happen if I do though. I could tell her I just don't think I'm ready just yet." (AN: Don't ask about that little explanation. I read on some site that that was the reason he couldn't tell her even though nothing would happen if he did. I'm just going off on that bit of information so don't complain about `that's not the reason!' please)

"But how come she doesn't know. Didn't you grow up together or did something happen?"

"Something happened all right. It was an accident that I was born really." Sazuka stared at him now. "My mother mated a Fire Demon and she had twins. The problem was that I was a boy and Ice Maidens are only girls so I was labeled bad luck or something like that and I'm the Forbidden Child. They chugged me over the edge of some cliff and let me fall to my death. But somehow I survived the fall. As I grew I learned of my past and went back to look for my sister. When I got there though I was told she went looking for her brother. So I just didn't want to tell her so this is how it turned out."

"How did you learn?"

"Some guy saw the teardrop crystal my mother gave me for good luck for the fall and said it reminded him of the story of the Forbidden Child that he'd heard somewhere before. Obviously he didn't know who I was so he told me the story."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Sazuka looked down.

"Don't be. It's not your fault things turned out as they did. I don't really mind how it turned out anyways. I, for once in my life, I've got friends so I guess it helps a little. They know of my past too so they make it lessen the pain I went though I guess…so am I just telling this for entertainment while we wait or are you going to tell me about you?"

"It's kind of stupid really, but ok. You know how I was named after the leader of the four Sacred Demons, right?" Hiei nodded. "Well, I was named after him to avenge his death. I was born and raised to do that one thing so unlike you I was well looked after and loved, if you can call it that. I wasn't even born when it happened so I didn't know if he deserved it or not. I wasn't told of any of this until that week ago when you were informed about a mystery demon that had come. Since I didn't know if he deserved it or not when I was told to destroy Yusuke Urameshi, the one who killed him, as you well know, I fled to look for him. Since I knew how to suppress my Spirit Energy I knew there was no way in the three worlds they could ever find me."

"How come there was nothing in Koenma's systems than?"

"The clan wanted me to live in secret until I was to fight Yusuke so no one would be able to track a weakness on me even though they knew I wouldn't have one, supposedly. I don't believe I'm like that though. That's why they taught me to suppress it so I wouldn't be found out by anyone or thing."

They stayed in silence for the rest of the time until the announcer called their team to fight.

"Okay, you guys, who's going first?" Yusuke asked.

They did rock, paper, scissors and Kuwabara, like always, won.

The battle was against the Kensuki team Kuwabara versus Takarin, a tiger demon.