Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Grim's Promise ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the Harry Potter books or Yu Yu Hakusho

 

Summary: Two years before his death a powerful psychic made Sirius a promise. Now Genkai and Yusuke travel to London to keep it and throw the British magical community for a loop.

 

Warnings: Swearing

 

 

A Grim's Promise

 

Chapter Six

 

July 3rd, Japan

 

 

Kurama leaned against the tree and looked at the forest around him, crossing his arms. "Damn it Hiei, you're not helping."

 

Hiei didn't even look down from his branch at the red head below him. "Give me one reason why I should."

 

"This person they're bringing back could be a threat to Yukina."

 

Hiei snorted. "Please, a wizard is not a threat."

 

Kurama blinked. "This person is a wizard?" He stepped away from the tree and looked up through the branches at the fire demon. "You've known who it is whole time and haven't said anything?"

 

"Hn." Hiei closed his eyes and settled against the tree, ignoring the fox.

 

Kurama's eyes narrowed in annoyance as he stared at the smaller demon. "Hiei, if you know who this person is then why didn't you tell me two hours ago when I first asked? And `Hn' is not an acceptable answer!"

 

"Because I've been enjoying watching you and that fool chase your tails for the past two days trying to figure it out and I refuse to give up my only entertainment."

 

"Fine Hiei, I'll figure this out myself." Kurama said calmly. He turned and walked away, twitching his fingers slightly. He smirked when he heard a loud crash behind him. Revenge was sweet.

 

Hiei glared at the tree that had dumped him on the forest floor. Stupid temperamental kitsune.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

Botan tapped her foot impatiently as she waited by the entrance to the cave. Why in the world did he have to come here? It wasn't like there was anything in the Makai that would help him solve this. Well, at least not in this area of the Makai. "Kurama are you done yet? I really do need to get back to work." Botan yelled, wincing when her voice echoed through out the cavern. That was sure to attract a few low level demons.

 

"I'll be there in a minute." Kurama called back. He closed the chest and reset the spells and charms that surrounded it. As he walked back through the tunnels to the entrance he dropped a few seeds on to the ground around him. Behind him the seeds quickly sprouted roots and dug into the soil. If anyone attempted to enter the cave after he left they wouldn't live long enough to regret it.

 

Kurama blinked a few times to get adjusted to the bright light outside the cave. He smiled at the ferry girl standing not to far away. "Sorry to keep you waiting like that."

 

Botan huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. "What was so important that you had to come here anyway? I mean I could understand visiting Yomi and asking if you could look through his libraries or possibly visiting Yusuke's lands to see if he had anything there. Or maybe even going to ask Koenma if you could look through the Spirit World's records. But a cave?! What could possibly be in a cave that would help you?"

 

"I don't need to have a debt to Yomi over something so trivial nor do I think Raizen would have collected anything about wizards, at least not recent ones. And I really don't want to know what Koenma would ask me to do in return if I used Spirit World's resources. So I need to visit a wizarding library."

 

Botan looked confused. "How does a cave in the Makai get you into a wizarding library?"

 

Kurama smiled as he held up his hand, showing her the silvery wand he was holding. "Because it had this." He looked at the wand in his hand. "I made it a couple hundred years ago when I visited the human realm. It made it easier to hide among the wizards." He tucked the wand into his sleeve, looking past the blue haired girl. He reached up to pull something from his hair.

 

Botan froze as the glowing rose went speeding by her ear, almost cutting her hair. She slowly turned around when she heard the loud thump, looking down at the ground with wide eyes. Laying in a small pool of dark red, almost black, blood was a large green demon with a rose sticking out of its one eye. She squeaked. "Time to go!" She quickly slashed her hand through the air and stepped into the new portal, pulling Kurama with her. The portal rapidly closed behind them as other low level demons arrived, attracted by the smell of fresh blood.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

Kurama pushed open the heavy door to the library on Fireball Alley. He looked around the large building, trying to find a table where he could work. He walked past the enormous bookcases towards the tables to the right. He set his bag on one of the tables as he sat down. He pulled a small note pad and pen out of his bag. Tapping the pen on the pad he thought over what little he knew. One; the person was definitely a wizard. Hiei had at least told him that. Two; it had something to do with that strange dog the Kuwabara had said had a human aura. Thinking back Kurama realized it had smelled wrong too, almost human but not quite with a touch of darkness. The dark smell had faded slightly while the dog was there but that gave him another small clue. The animal/person had experienced prolonged exposure to a dark creature. Not a werewolf but a pure dark creature, something like a Dementor or a Lethifold. Three; he knew who ever this person that Genkai was taking in was under a serious threat. For her to ask him to put Makai plants along the wards meant this person was in danger. Plus she had taken Yusuke with her. Yes, this trip could be part of his training but it was more likely that Genkai expected problems that would require Yusuke's strength at some point. Fourth; they had gone to London. Maybe that meant that this wizard was British.

 

Kurama looked at the small list he had written out and sighed. That dog had to have been an animagus and most likely had been in a wizarding prison right before his stay at the temple. Unless the man had been an Auror stationed at a wizarding prison. Kurama groaned; stopping that train of thought before it even got started. He'd research that idea if this one didn't pan out. He turned his note pad to a new page and wrote out `British Animagi' then flipped to the next page and wrote `Releases/escapes.' Picking up his bag, Kurama made his way over to the information desk at the front of the library, ignoring the contemptuous looks he was receiving from the students in the library.

 

"Excuse me ma'am." Kurama smiled politely at the matronly woman sitting behind the desk. "I was wondering where I might find a list of Registered British Animagi and any foreign newspapers the library might carry."

 

The woman glared through her glasses at Kurama's muggle clothing. "What would a mudblood like you need with those?"

 

Kurama's eyes turned icy as he looked down at the woman. "One of my professors assigned me a research paper. Could you please direct me to the appropriate section and I will find them on my own."

 

"Records are on the fifth floor boy." The woman waved her hand at the lifts in the back of the library.

 

"Thank you." Before he turned away he memorized the woman's name from the plaque on her desk. As he made his way to the back of the library he began planning how he was going to sneak out of his house after his family went to sleep. No one insulted his mother, no matter how indirectly.

 

Two hours later Kurama had come up with hundreds of ideas for his little revenge plot but no leads on whom the mysterious guest was. All of the registered animagi he had found had never been in prison and all the releases from Azkaban had not been reported to be animagi, registered or illegal. The only likely candidate for the dog had been Sirius Black. He had been in Azkaban for over ten years, he had escaped a little under a year before the dog had been at the shrine and he was British. The only problem was that he wasn't an animagus, at least not a legal one. Kurama did a mental shrug. At least he had found that rude witch's address.

 

Sighing, Kurama tapped the view screen in front of him with his wand, clearing his search results from the screen. He packed up his things so he could head to his night class. As he rode the lift down he decided to do a little more research on Black tomorrow. He had a gut feeling that this man was the animagus that had stayed at the temple two years ago. Kurama's eyes narrowed thoughtfully as he walked past the librarian, who glared at him and muttered mudblood softly. Perhaps he should visit the florist shop before he left the alley. There had been a beautiful new breed of climbing rose vines that he could use.

 

 

July 3rd, Horntail Avenue

 

 

Harry pulled his pillow over his head, trying to block out the snoring coming from the bed across from his. He was going to kill his new godfather for suggesting this. During lunch yesterday Remus and Genkai had decided that Harry was not safe staying in a room by himself. Remus had then had the hotel staff move the three of them into a new set of rooms. And in their infinite wisdom, the pair had also decided that Harry had to share a room with Yusuke, that way Harry had someone to wake him up from any visions from Voldemort. Last night it had seemed like a fine idea, now it was seriously sucking. He pulled the pillow closer to his ears. Damn it, not even Dudley with a cold snored this loud.

 

Harry sat up and threw a pillow at the Japanese teen, hoping to shut him up. His mouth dropped open in shock when Hana's tail shot up and the pillow fell to the floor frozen before it got within a foot of Yusuke. He glared sleepily at the sleeping kitten and tried throwing another pillow. It landed right next to the first one. Pouting, Harry gave up on getting more sleep and went to take a shower. Stupid kitten.

 

In the sitting room Genkai was reading the morning paper when she heard the shower in the boys' room turn on. She snickered softly. Yusuke's snoring made a wonderful alarm clock.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

Yusuke looked at the large stack of books in front of him then back at Genkai irritably. "You can't be serious. You expect me to read all of these books while you two are out today?"

 

"Dimwit." Genkai growled under her breath. "I expect you to get started on them today. We can't start your practical training until we get back to Japan. While we're here I expect you to read as much as possible."

 

Yusuke picked up the book on top on the stack and read the title out loud. "`10,000 Hexes and Jinxes, a Dark Wizard's Guide.' What the hell?" He looked at Harry when he choked on his tea. "Problem?"

 

Harry shook his head, coughing. "That book is on the ministry's restricted list. The only copy I've ever seen was in the Room of Requirement. How on Earth did you get it?" he asked Genkai, sounding awed.

 

Genkai snorted derisively. "I bought it. It's on the British ministry's restricted list, not Japan's." She looked at Yusuke's excited face and then snatched the book from his hands. "On second thought, I don't think you're ready for that." She tossed the book to Harry and handed Yusuke the second book from the stack. "Read this one first."

 

"'The Joy's of Levitating, Charms for Fun?'" He glared at Genkai. "This is cruel Grandma. Keiko didn't even make me read this much when I was in school."

 

"Get over it. You want to learn; you're going to read. Come on Harry. I want to get this done before lunch." She picked up the room key and a file folder and started for the door. "Bring the book. You'll need something to do while we wait."

 

Harry looked at the book in his hands. "Um, Genkai, are you sure I can take this? I mean…"

 

Genkai sighed, turning around to look at the boy. "Turn your translator off."

 

Harry tapped his charm and blushed as the letters appeared to change into Kanji. "Oh. Never mind." When Yusuke started snickering Harry smacked him with a nearby pillow. Yusuke retaliated by picking up another pillow and swatting at him. Seconds later there were feathers flying though the air as the two boys had an all out pillow fight.

 

Genkai rubbed her forehead, feeling a headache coming on. At this rate they'd never get to the ministry.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

Genkai and Harry were sitting in an office waiting on another official to come talk to them. So far they had taken the pictures, filled out numerous forms, and had talked to at least five different people. According to Harry, at least three of them were in the Order or associates of Dumbledore's. Wizarding passports normally only took two hours to get. They had arrived at the ministry a little before nine and it was now two in the afternoon. Genkai was long past annoyed and was quickly approaching pissed. She tightly gripped the arm of the chair she was sitting in causing the wood to crack.

 

Harry looked up from his book at the loud cracking sound and winced when he saw the long crack in the wood. He truly did pity Mr. Olivade, supposedly last person they needed to see. His eyes flickered to Genkai's face and then back to the open book in his lap. Judging by the murderous look she was wearing he needed to come up with an escape plan quick. He was jerked out of his thoughts when the door to the small office opened. His eyes almost popped out of his head when a man who could have been Lockhart's twin walked into the office. Well, maybe Lockhart with better fashion sense. The man was wearing a simple, but well tailored black suit and had small wire rimmed glasses perched on his nose. Harry groaned softly when the man smiled foolishly at Genkai. He definitely needed an escape plan.

 

"Hello. Ever so sorry to keep you waiting like that. But we've run into a few more problems. It seems that the Minister…" Genkai cut the poor man off.

 

"Listen to me, you pencil pushing twit." She leaned towards the small desk, giving the man an icy look. "I could care less what problem that fool Fudge has. We have been here for over five hours. Every person I have spoken to has given me one flimsy excuse after another." She held her hand up, cradling a small glowing blue orb between her fingers. "If you don't get that passport in here in the next two minutes I will personally rip open a portal to the lower levels of the Makai and shove your useless ass through it! Do you understand me?"

 

The man puffed up, looking offended. "Listen here ma'am; there is no reason to threaten me. It will just take another thirty minutes or so to straighten this out and then you can go on…" He flinched when the small orb flew from her hand and crashed into the wall behind him, causing a painting of a young witch to fall to the floor. He turned and looked at the smoking hole in the wall behind him. "You said two minutes, right?"

 

"Move it."

 

"Yes ma'am." The man practically ran from the small office and came back not a minute later with two small, thin red books which he hand to Harry. "I'm ever so sorry for the delay. I hope you have a very nice day." He smiled nervously at Genkai as he ushered the two of them out of his office.

 

Harry snickered as he walked past the man. He wondered if Mr. Olivade had a spare pair of pants in his office, or at least a cloak. That wet spot on his trousers was quite noticeable.

 

Mr. Olivade staggered back to his desk and pulled a bottle of fire whiskey from one of the drawers. As he took a long drink from the bottle he didn't notice the movement in the painting on the floor below him. The young witch picked up her skirts and ran from her ruined frame and headed to her mother's frame at Hogwarts. Dumbledore needed to be informed of this immediately.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

Yusuke looked up from his Gameboy when he heard voices coming from beyond the door. He turned to Harry, who was sitting on his bed talking to the small black snake in his lap. "We expecting anyone?" he asked, turning the game off.

 

Harry shook his head. "Remus isn't coming by until tomorrow. Who do you think it is?" He looked at the other teen curiously.

 

Before Yusuke could answer Genkai opened the bedroom door and shut it tightly behind her. She crossed her arms and leaned against the door, looking at Harry. "Is there any reason that Dumbledore doesn't want you to leave Britain?"

 

"Huh?" Harry blinked a few times, confused. That was a random question.

 

"Is there any reason that Dumbledore doesn't want you to leave Britain?" Genkai repeated slowly.

 

"The only reason I can think of is Voldemort." Harry said, shrugging slightly.

 

"The whole vision thingy?" Yusuke asked, gesturing to his forehead.

 

"That's part of it." Harry played with the end of his braid, not looking at either of them. "I'm also `the boy who lived.' There's a lot of hype and responsibility that comes with that."

 

"Dumbledore is right now sitting in the living room demanding I turn you over to him. He wants me to make him your guardian." Genkai raised an eyebrow when Harry's face paled. Interesting; he hadn't reacted like that when she had almost blasted that twit earlier. "What is it boy?"

 

"If Dumbledore gets custody of me I'll go right back to the Dursleys no matter what I or anyone else says." Harry scowled at the door behind Genkai where Dumbledore was.

 

Genkai nodded, thinking. "Alright you two; get some things together and clear out of here for the next hour or so. Go to dinner, visit that shop those twins own, do something. Just don't come back for at least an hour. I'll deal with the moron out there." She stepped away from the door. As she opened it, she looked back at Harry and the snake he was holding. "Dimwit said that snake of yours is lethal. Is that true?"

 

Harry looked at the snake, who was hissing at the woman. "Yeah, it is."

 

"Leave it here." Genkai walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

 

Yusuke jumped off his bed and knelt down, looking under it for his shoes. "So where do you want to go?"

 

"Dinner sounds good." Harry said, tying his shoes. "While we're out do you mind if we go to Gringotts? I need to get some more money out of my vault."

 

Yusuke stood up after pulling his shoes on and grabbed his jacket. "You going to see it they'll exchange some of it for Yen?"

 

"Yeah, maybe. But I am going to see if there is a Gringotts in Japan. If there is I might be able to just get a debit card or something that I can use here and there." Harry pulled his godfather's coat on and made sure his wand was in the pocket.

 

"We're going to the leather store I saw the other day first. You need a wand holster or something." Yusuke said, looking at the wand sticking out of the other boy's pocket. "You could break that thing carrying it around like that. Trust me; you don't want to have to make a new one." He opened the door and walked out.

 

Harry stared at the open door stupidly for a second. Did Yusuke just say make one? He was snapped out of his thoughts when Hana jumped on his shoulder. He scratched the kitten as he walked out, closing the door behind him. When he reached the archway that opened up into the sitting room he saw Yusuke standing there, looking bored. But Harry could see his fists clenched in his pockets. Curious, he walked up next to the other teen and looked in to the room. "Hello Headmaster," Harry said, smiling weakly at the man.

 

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled as he smiled at Harry and Yusuke. "Good evening boys. Would you like to join us?"

 

Yusuke stiffened when he felt something like Hiei's Jagan eye touch the edges of his mind, just softer and much more subtle. "Sorry old man, but we have plans. Come on Harry." He grabbed Harry's arm and pulled him through the room and to the door. Yusuke snatched a key from the table by the door and yanked the door open. "See ya Grandma." He pushed Harry out the door, shutting it as soon as they were out.

 

Harry yanked his arm out of Yusuke's grip. "What the hell was that about?" He stared as the Japanese teen walked off towards the lifts, not answering him. "Yusuke?"

 

"I know he doesn't have one. I would have felt it if he did so it has to be a spell," Yusuke muttered under his breath before looking at Harry with serious brown eyes. "Do you know what a Jagan eye is?"

 

Harry chewed on his lower lip thinking. "Back in third year Remus told us that it was a mythological third eye; that demons supposedly had them and that it gave them strange powers if they ever mastered it. But what does that have to do with you dragging me out of there like that?"

 

"Yeah, well Jagan eyes are real and one of those powers is telepathy or mind reading. Dumbledork just did something that felt like he was using one. Is there a spell like that?" Yusuke punched the button to call the lift.

 

"There's Legilimency. That's a technique Dumbledore knows that lets him see memories." Harry's eyes lit up in anger. "Do you mean he was using that just now?" He turned to go back and give Dumbledore a piece of his mind but Yusuke grabbed his coat as the lift doors opened.

 

"Don't bother. Let Genkai handle it." He pulled the other boy into the lift and hit the button for the ground floor. "She's still in a bad mood from earlier."

 

Harry stuffed his hands into his pockets, blowing his bangs out of eyes. "Are you sure?"

 

Yusuke smirked at him. "Trust me on this. Dumbledork won't know what hit him."

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

"Well that was quite rude. Does he always do things like that?" Dumbledore asked Genkai when the door slammed shut.

 

Genkai ignored the question and looked Dumbledore in the eye. "Don't ever do that again," she said harshly.

 

Dumbledore smiled. "I have no idea what you mean Master Genkai." He pulled out a small bag from his purple robes and picked a candy from it. He offered it to Genkai. "Sherbet Lemon?"

 

Genkai smack his hand away, knocking the candy onto the floor. "Cut the crazy old wise man act. You damn well know what I'm talking about. Do not do it again. He doesn't have the mental shields to fend off an attack like the one you just did."

 

"I did not attack Harry. I merely glanced at his fringe memories to make sure he was alright." Dumbledore popped a sherbet lemon into his mouth and tucked the bag back in his robes.

 

Genkai scoffed. "You're motives don't matter, just don't do it again." Genkai poured herself a cup of tea, purposely forgetting to offer any to the man sitting across from her. "Now would you mind telling me exactly why you're here?"

 

"Like I told you before Master Genkai, I wish you to turn over Harry's guardianship to me. The boy needs to stay in Britain." Dumbledore pulled out his wand and conjured a cup of tea for himself.

 

"Because of Voldemort?" Genkai asked, taking a sip of her tea.

 

Dumbledore nodded. "Yes, the boy will need special training if he is to face Tom."

 

Genkai put her cup down and looked at the old man it front of her. "You mean he has to fight this man?" She snorted at Dumbledore's nod. "If he's such a threat why don't you fight him? You certainly do have the power to spare."

 

"I'm not powerful enough nor could I even if I was. There is something about Harry that Tom fears even more than he fears me." Dumbledore sipped at his tea as he observed the woman across from him. He could tell by her stony expression that his explanation wasn't working. He put his tea cup down with a sigh. "There is also a prophecy."

 

"Your point being?" Genkai asked sarcastically, raising an eyebrow.

 

He looked at her somberly. "The prophecy states that only Harry can defeat the Dark Lord. Master Genkai, we need him here."

 

"And you can have him here; when he's in school. Other than that, the boy is staying with me." Genkai picked up her cup and took a sip. "Is there anything else you wanted?"

 

"Master Genkai, I don't think you understand the severity of the situation. Voldemort is on the rise again and he is openly attacking muggles and muggleborns. He is the only person who can defeat Tom and if he leaves Britain he will be unable to get the training that he needs." He leaned forward, looking at her with an earnest expression. "We need Harry here; he is a living symbol of hope to the wizarding world. His very presence here gives people hope."

 

"Ah, I see." Nodding, Genkai put her cup down and stood up from the couch. She looked at the man, disgusted. "Get out."

 

Dumbledore vanished his tea and stood up, looking at the woman confused. "I'm sorry if I've offended you but you need to understand just how important Harry is to this world. How much we need him."

 

Genkai's voice was soft but the power it had behind it caused shivers to roll down Dumbledore's spine. "I could care less how important that child is to this world or what he represents. What I do care about is that Sirius Black asked me to look after that boy. I gave him my word that I would take him in and give him a home. Now you come in here demanding that I hand Harry over to you for training so he can save a bunch of fools who see the danger yet refuse to fight. He is not a weapon or symbol old man. He is a fifteen year old child." Genkai waved her hand causing the door to the hallway to open with a bang. "Now get out. I won't repeat myself again."

 

Dumbledore walked to the door. Before leaving he decided to try one more time. He turned around and looked down at the woman who had followed him. He had barely opened his mouth when Genkai made a thrusting motion with both hands, causing a small shockwave to knock him out into the hall. By the time he had regained his balance the door was shut. He stared at the door in shock; the woman had done wandless magic, twice. He walked to the lift, trying to decide what to do. Sirius had prevented him from taking legal action and now this woman refused to help. He was running out of options.

 

Back in the hotel room Genkai gave a weary sigh as she carried the tea tray into the kitchen. She was thankful that she had sent the boys out for the evening. That man was supposed to protect and guide his students, not plan to use them as tools in a war. She put the tray down on the counter for the house elves to collect and went back to the living room and sat down on the couch. She picked up a small pad of paper and a pen and began writing out a list of books and simple defensive techniques to show the boy. While she wouldn't take him on as a full time student like Yusuke she could at least give him access to the tools to survive. If he chose to use them or not was up to him.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 

Laughing, Harry held on to George trying not to fall over while Fred took a picture of Yusuke with his neon pink and blue zebra striped hair. In the past ten minutes the twins had hit Yusuke with no less than six different pranks. He and George ducked into the back room when Yusuke chased Fred in there, trying to get the camera back. Still chuckling, Harry hopped up onto an empty counter to watch Yusuke tackle Fred in an attempt to get the camera back. "Give it up Yusuke. The twins will never part with blackmail material like that."

 

Fred tossed the camera to his twin. "That's right. How often to you get a picture of a giant orange chicken with slicked back black hair?"

 

"Not too often my dear Gred, not too often." George handed Harry to camera and held his empty hands out to show Yusuke he didn't have the camera.

 

Yusuke looked at Harry and raised an eyebrow at the wand pointed at him. "Are you going to do something with that?"

 

"Only if you try to take the camera," Harry said, smirking at him.

 

Yusuke eyed the wand and the kitten poking its head out of the pocket of Harry's coat. He could take him but he might hurt Hana. "Fine, you guys win this round." He jumped up onto the counter to sit next to Harry.

 

Harry tossed the camera to George. "So why'd you come back here Fred? What do you two want to talk to me about?" he asked seriously.

 

The twins looked at each other before sitting down on some crates nearby. "It's kinda personal mate. You sure you want him here?" Fred nodded his head to Yusuke.

 

Harry looked at Yusuke. Yusuke shook his head no, he wasn't leaving. Harry looked back at Fred. "He's staying." He rolled his eyes when the twins traded looks again. "Whatever it is can't be that bad guys; just tell me."

 

"We didn't get a chance to yesterday but we wanted to apologize for what Ron did. He had no right to go telling your life story to Skeeter like he did." George shrugged uncomfortably. "I know we're not the ones you need to hear it from but we're sorry mate."

 

"You guys don't need to apologize. You tried to shut him up when this whole thing started. It's not your faults." Harry gave them a weak smile. "But thanks anyways."

 

They smiled back at the small teen. Fred looked at George. "On to the good stuff then Forge?"

 

"On to the good stuff Gred." George nodded and pulled a large bag from behind the crate he was sitting on. He got up and walked over to Harry and handed it to him. "This is a grab-bag of our latest inventions. Some fireworks, a couple bags of Chicken Dreams, Canary Creams, Ton Tongue Toffees…"

 

"…Skiving Snack boxes, a few boxes of Wingers and Tails, a couple of trick wands, some extendable ears." Fred looked at George. "I know I'm forgetting something."

 

"Two things; a Headless Hat and a couple of portable swamps." George smirked at the stupefied expression Harry was wearing. "And when we get done reading Sirius's book we'll be sending you more."

 

Fred smacked his forehead dramatically. "Something else we forgot. Be right back."

 

Yusuke watched as the hyper man ran off to the back of the storage room. He turned to Harry, who was looking through the bag with a large mischievous grin. "Are they always like this?" he asked, causing George to snicker.

 

Harry looked up from the bag, his eyes sparkling with suppressed laughter. "Your hair changed colors again."

 

"What?!" Yusuke jumped off the table and ran over to the window. His reflection was sporting chin length bright blue hair with pale golden yellow tips. "I look like Puu!" He sulked as he sat back down on the counter top. "Is this ever going to go away?"

 

He sounded so pitiful that George whipped out his wand and muttered a soft incantation. "The bad, nasty hair color's all gone now. That better?"

 

Yusuke pulled a small strand of his hair down so he check to make sure it was short and black once more. "That's way better." He absently petted Hana when she crawled into his lap.

 

"Aww man. I wanted to see how many more combinations that spell was going to go through." Fred complained as he walked back to the group carrying a small book. He handed the book to Harry. "Here you go."

 

Harry opened up the book and flipped through the pages. His eyes went wide when he saw the book was full of his godfather's small script. "How did you..?"

 

"A copying charm. We figured Sirius would want you to have the original so we copied it into a blank book and then locked that book up in our Gringotts vault." George smiled sheepishly at the young man. "You should have it, being the heir of Prongs and all."

 

Harry jumped off the table and hugged the two boys tightly. "Thank you; you guys have no idea how much this means to me."

 

Fred ruffled his bangs when he stepped back. "I think we do mate."

 

George glanced at the clock. "I think you guys better go. We need to close up shop and visit Gringotts."

 

"And if we don't see you again before you leave, have fun in Japan and we'll definitely see you come September first." Fred said with a smile.

 

"Fred, why don't you walk Harry out? I need to talk to talk to Yusuke privately for a second."

 

"Sure, come on Har. Let's get out of here." Fred opened the door.

 

Harry gave George one last hug. "See ya George."

 

As soon as the door closed behind the pair George looked at Yusuke with hard icy blue eyes. "Look, Sirius trusted your teacher and Harry seems to trust you so Fred and I will try to trust you. But if anything happens to him while he's with you in Japan I will kick your ass. Then I'll let Fred and Bill have a go and if there's anything left we'll turn you over to Charlie and his dragons. He's like a little brother to us and we don't want to see him hurt anymore than he already has been."

 

"First, don't ever threaten me. You have no idea how stupid that is." Yusuke said, glaring back at him. "Second, nothing's going to happen to him in Japan. I can keep an eye on him when he's not at the temple and Genkai upped the temple wards so much that a Demon Lord would have trouble getting through let alone a wizard."

 

"Just keep him safe." George smiled warmly at the Japanese teen and relaxed his stance. "It was nice meeting you Yusuke." He opened the door and escorted Yusuke out of the room.

 

As he and Harry were walking towards a restaurant down the street a few minutes later Yusuke couldn't help but snort at the idea of those guys ever beating him in a fight. Never happen. Not in a million years.

 

tbc…

 

 

 

Author's Notes:

 

1) A Lethifold is a rare dark creature that is shaped like a cape. It eats or absorbs it's victims with out leaving a trace behind. After it eats it gets thicker. If it hasn't eaten in a while it gets thinner. You can find a better description in JKR's book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. There might be something about it on the hp lexicon too.

 

2) Harry got two passports; a muggle one and a magical one. The muggle one is used for traveling the muggle way. It has a self updating photograph that changes every year. The magical one is used to say someone has permission to travel/live to foreign countries, similar to a visa. It also has a self updating photograph. In Harry's case it allows him to still attend Hogwarts even though his new home is in Japan. It can also be used as an international magical ID card.

 

3) The leather store is actually a dragon hide store. Yusuke just doesn't know the difference yet.

 

4) If Genkai's reaction to Dumbledore seems odd just think about her past with Toguro. After he lost his students Toguro isolated himself and got stuck on getting revenge and being the strongest. He practically threw his life away just to focus on only one goal, being the best. She can see Harry doing something similar if she were to agree to his request.

 

5) Forge is George Weasley and Gred is Fred Weasley. Prongs is James Potter's nickname.

 

6) Chicken Dreams are a trick sweet. They turn whoever eats them into a giant chicken. They're an improved version of canary creams. Wingers and Tails are another trick sweet. They're little jelly beans that cause whoever eats them to grow wings, tails, or animal ears temporarily. The flavor and color decides what appendage is grown. And if you combine them you can get some very interesting results. Think Bertie Bott's Weasley style.