Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Hidden Life ❯ New Revelations ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own YYH.

Chapter 3:New Revelations

Everyone was listening silently for Hiei or Ayame to continue and tell how they knew each other.

"Well I see you haven't lost your memory." Ayame said, while throwing out her original theory about Hiei.

"Hn."

Well Hiei seems to act the same… but I guess he just learned how to tolerate humans…

"What happened Hiei? You used to hate humans, now you're on a team with three of them? Ayame asked questionably.

"Hn."

"Wait a second, Kurama's a demon! What, did you forget or something?" Kuwabara asked.

Hiei just glared at him making him back off.

"Kurama?" Ayame asked.

"That's me." Kurama said while giving a friendly smile.

"And you're a demon?"

Hiei was starting to get very uncomfortable, but no one seemed to notice it.

"Hai, I am."

Ayame thought about it, it can't be. It just can't… but… what if it is? No I won't jump to conclusions. I just need to ask some questions to make sure I'm not mistaken.

No one really seemed to notice Ayame's internal struggle, except for Hiei.

"What kind?" Ayame asked quietly.

Kurama was confused. Why is she acting so nervous all of a sudden?

"He's a kitsune." Yusuke answered instead. "A Youko kitsune." Yusuke seemed to be proud to say that they had such an infamous demon on their side, so he was not expecting Ayame to suddenly fall down as if she were going to faint.

He's alive! So that was what they were talking about when I came in. He had escaped from the Makai to the Ningenkai and took the form of a human. This can't be, it just can't be happening. If he was alive this whole time, wouldn't he have came to visit me or at least somehow tell me that he was alright… I guess not, I guess I'm not important enough for him to worry about me. Fine. If he doesn't want to be around me then he doesn't have to know.

"I'm fine." Ayame said when she realized Kurama was right next her, looking at her worriedly.

Kurama had seen all those emotions pass through her eyes. Happiness, realization, confusion, anger, sadness, and ended on a resolved look of indifference.

"So Hiei, who are your other friends?" Ayame asked, trying to change the subject.

Hiei snorted at the word `friends', but then Kurama answered for him.

"That's Yusuke and that's Kuwabara." He said pointing to the two boys.

"Well it's nice to meet you all, but, if you don't mind, I need to be going now." She headed for the door trying to reach it before anyone said anything, but her hopes were shattered,

"Wait Aya, you need to stay here until your wound is healed." Kurama stated firmly.

"Is that so?" Ayame asked in a challenging voice, then continued. "The last time I checked, I didn't have, or need, anyone taking care of me and I don't need to start now." And with that she left.

Everyone was quiet for a moment. No one had ever been so mean to Kurama before… well not when he was trying to help anyway.

Kuwabara looked around then asked "Oi, Where's Hiei?"

~*~

Ayame had to try as best she could from keeping the tears from falling. Why am I so angry? Kurama left even before I had heard he was dead… why should I care…? But before she got to answer that question she felt a presence by her.

"Please leave Hiei."

"Hn." He was quiet for awhile, then said, "Why didn't you tell him?"

Ayame gave him a weird look. "You're not one to be giving me lectures on this kind of stuff, you know."

"I didn't say you that you should tell him, I asked why you didn't."

"I don't know. I suppose he has a right to know. He is, after all, my brother."

A/N: sorry this chapter's so short I just thought it would be good for me to end it there. I hope you like it!! And please please please please please please please please please review!!!

Hiei: Stop begging, you sound pathetic.

*Hiei receives the evil eye*

Kurama: I'd watch out if I were you, Hiei. She is the author of the story.

Me: Yeah! I could make a lemon scene with you and…Kuwabara!! (Shudders inwardly at the thought.)

Hiei: (looking horrified) I'll stop.

Me: That's a good little fire demon.

Hiei: Hn.