Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Mother's Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the YuYuHakusho characters.

Author's notes: This is my second fanfic, hope you all like it, I started it at 2am Friday to Saturday morning. I haven't finished my first one yet, but I suddenly got this idea, and wanted to write it, so this first part started at 2am, and was finished by 3:30am. Hope you like it.
 
A mother commits a sin against her people, looking for love as she left her home land in the sky and met a man. The day she left her homeland later in time, ending up in birth. She gave birth to twins, a little girl, and a little boy. This young mother's name was hina. Upon her return to her homeland, the elders in charge were nothing but unhappy with what she had done. Hina had left and met a man, for one major reason, she had been Isolated from men her entire life. Men in the eyes of the elders, grew up to be nothing but killers, and cruel to their mother and others. The little boy was taken from his mother. A demon child, half fire from his father, half ice from his mother. A child seen as a monster, known as the “forbidden child”
 
“He's seen as a disgrace, hina has shamed her homeland and people” as the elders gathered deciding on what to do with the child. As hina pleads for her child's life.
“Please! Don't punish my son for this! I beg you. He has done nothing wrong! If you must punish someone punish me!” his mother in tears.
“ you may keep the baby girl” one of the elders said, “ but the boy… is a disgrace, and a sin… for what you've done, to protect the rest of your people, and as punishment the baby boy will die.”
When the elder said what she did, it nearly broke hina's heart. She loved her children regardless of what the elders said, her son didn't deserve death. She tried once again to beg for the life of her child, still in tears.
“No…. please… I beg of you! I will take my children, leave this place and never return! Please don't kill him!”
“We allow you to do that, and you could just tell him where to find us, and he'll come for what we did and destroy us.” The elder countering what hina had said.
“He will not return and kill you, I promise! I will leave this place and never return! I won't even mention it to my children, just please do not kill him!”
“No… it's too much of a risk” was their reply. Hina hadn't managed to change their minds at all.
“All your doing by killing him, is punishing him for living… for being brought into this world. When he did nothing wrong! Don't you understand that?”
“You may spend a few more hours with the boy… first thing tomorrow he will be dropped over the edge to his death… that is our decision”
Hina simply continued to cry….
 
Hina was given her son back, and only allowed to spend a few more hours with him, she tried not to cry, but she loved him. Her son's power was already so strong at his age for a baby, but it was partly due to the fact that he was a fire demon. The elders had wrapped the baby in a strong cloth material, with seals to keep his power low, and his flames concealed from hurting others. Hina could withstand her child's power and his flames. Unfortunately the few hours went by quickly, and her son was taken from her for good, Hina was left in tears once again…
As it got closer to the time of the boy's scheduled death, Hina's best friend Rui, tried to help her and see if she could do anything..
“I'm sorry hina”
Hina remained quiet.
“Hina I wish there were an easier way to tell you this.”
She still chose to stay quiet.
“If you do not wish to speak just listen… I… I was the one chosen… I was chosen to drop your son, tomorrow”
She still remained quiet…
“Please hina say something”
Hina was quiet for several minutes before choosing to say anything.
“Rui… are you really going to do it?”
“You.. You mean drop him…”
Hina simply nodded yes. Rui was quiet for a little while
“I'm sorry Hina… I have to”
“It's not right Rui… Please don't do it.”
All Rui could think of what to say was “I'm sorry..”
“Then do it if you really have to… tuck this in with him”
Rui took a small necklace from hina.
“I will.”
“This isn't right Rui. You know it.”
“What was I supposed to say Hina? I don't want to do this!”
“Then why are you? He's my child!”
Rui went to leave her.
“I'm doing this because I have no choice” she left Hina, and Hina just sat in silence, and stared out the window. Rui just left Hina, neither girl saying another word to each other.
 
The next morning, the elders, Rui, Hina, a few other maidens, and the child were brought near to where the child would be dropped of the island. Rui carried the small child in her arms, she and Hina were still not talking to each other either. Hina at one point couldn't help it anymore and tried to run, grab her child, and just leave, she was grabbed by a couple other maidens on the island. They held her back, as once again she tried to beg her friend not to drop her son. Rui stepped by the edge of the island, as she looked down the ground far below.
 
“Rui… it's time…”
 
“I'm sorry….”
 
“Do not pity the child… this is for the safety of you and the rest of your people.”
 
Hina was unable to do anything.
 
“PLEASE RUI!! DON'T DO THIS! HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT! DON'T! I SHOULD BE THE ONE PUNISHED NOT HIM!”
 
“This emiko… this boy of fire, will kill us all. He'll be known as the forbidden child. ”
 
Rui had to close her eyes, a few moments opened them again. She held the child close, to where only the boy would hear her.
“When you come back…Seeking the revenge that you, and we deserve… please kill me first.” After that Rui tucked the little necklace in the boy's cloths he was still wrapped in. Rui held the boy out her eyes were shut, as she loosened her grip around the child a little bit. The child slipped through, and fell. Hina forced to watch her son fall.
 
“NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
Hina burst out in tears, the girls holding her back let her go. Rui said nothing and just stood there as she watched the boy fall.
 
“Good… it's done… now our people will live in peace and safe from harm. There is no need to cry Hina. By now that child is dead. You will not do that again. You were too young to see what your mistake could have cost.”
The young mother only cried… she hadn't cared that her son was fire. Fire demons were believed to be very violent, and ruthless. Hina didn't care about that. To her all that mattered was that boy was her child that had been taken from her, and was killed.
 
After that day Hina hated the elders for what they did, she loved her daughter, and cared for her, but she couldn't get over the death of her son. Hina began to eat less and less she began to become isolated from most of her own people. She refused to talk to anyone as well. She barely spoke with Rui. She found herself awake most nights, unable to sleep. At times she'd still cry. It wasn't long till her health started to decline… Still as her health started to decline, the elders believed what they had done was right. Unknown to Hina that her son had survived the fall and grow up to become what the elders had warned her about except in a little bit different way..
 
Author's notes: thus ends the first chappy appy. I will get the second one up, as soon as I feel like writing it, if I come up with it, or if I have nothing else to do. Hope you enjoyed it and please R&R.