Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Part Of Everyone, A Part Of No One ❯ Reminiscence ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cyra: Hey people, What's up. I used to be LunarAkia, but that changed.
 
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho
 
Chapter 1: Reminiscence
 
Light shone through the dense trees in the forest. She looked down to the pool of blood that surrounded her. She sighs. She'd brought this on herself. She never understood why she felt she had to save these stupid people all the time. It had just been in her to do it, even when she was young.
 
Twelve years ago…
 
“ Get up!” her master yelled. She jerked her attention forward to find him yelling at another slave. He was a child, just a year younger than she was. Her master kicked him and the child cried out in pain. She drops her load and stands between them.
“ Get out of the way, girl, lest I beat you to.” He said angrily. “ Please, allow me to take his place.” She replies. He doesn't say a word just hits her across the face with a club, grinning as she falls to the cold, snowy ground. He raises his club, ordering the other child to return to his work, and continues to beat her.
 
Now…
 
She sighs for a second time. `At least she got away from that demon' She thinks referring to the little girl whose life she had just saved. She had begun to get cold and knew she wouldn't last much longer. Though she was not bothered by this thought. No, she was relieved. She had even begun to smile a little. She could finally escape. Except now, it would be permanent.
 
Seven years ago
 
They dragged her out of the small cage-like hut. The chains around her neck tightened, forcing her to comply. The roar of a crowd resounded around her. Her heart was pounding with nervousness. She trembled as she was untied and thrown into the arena.
She watched as a tiger was pushed through the opposite gate. She looked around and saw the people grin as the tiger entered.
It launched at her. She jumped out of the way, grabbing the fence behind her and pulling up. She jumped on its head and ran to the other side of the arena. Her ten-year old body was exhausted from the work she had done the day before.
Her eyes widened as the tiger launched towards he once again, slashing her across the stomach. She fell to the ground and held her breath; screaming would only have made the pain worse, she knew that from experience. The tiger prang at her once again. She held her breath waiting for impact. Her hand slides over something hard. She looks behind her; it was a knife that had been discarded after a previous battle. She picked it up and just as it bit her shoulder, she stabbed it in the stomach.
It collapsed on top of her. It was dead.
Her vision went blurry and she passed out. They picked her up and threw her into the forest to bleed to death.
Several hours later she woke to find that she was still alive. The snow had frozen her wounds over. Standing up, she walked into the forest. Now she just had to free the others.
 
Now…
 
That's exactly what she did. After she found the few villages that did not allow slavery, she assembled as many animals as she could to ambush the slave traders. When she did this she would transport the slaves to those villages to be taken care of. Eventually she had caused so much commotion that their leader banned slavery to stop the ambushes.
The next couple of months were her most peaceful. It ended quickly. Her village had always known she wasn't human, at least not completely, but this made her fair game for greedier people.
 
She hunted deep in the forest. She had promised to get them a large buck for dinner that night. She preferred to hunt alone, it helped her concentrate. It was dark out at that time. It was always dark during winter. She heard movement in a bush behind her. She turned and aimed her arrow towards it. But she never got to shoot that arrow for someone grabbed her from behind, tackling her to the ground.
She screamed a startled yell and tried to break his grip. She watched as more men came out of their hiding places. They tied her up and dragged her towards the shore. When they arrived, she saw a large boat. She was going to be sold again.
They came to a man and were paid. She was shoved into the bottom of the boat with others that had been captured. She sighed. `Not again'
 
Five years ago…
 
That had been only five years ago. The man she had been sold to was the cruelest she had ever known. He would beat her for no reason, then force her to get up and clean up her own blood. She would have to pay the bills and for his alcohol and drugs.
She hadn't been able to handle this as easily. She never ate nor did she sleep. It didn't take long for her to run.
 
Three years ago…
 
She lies on the floor after receiving the worst beating she had ever been given. She struggled to get back up, eventually succeeding. She looks towards to stairs. She kept what little things she had owned there. Wearily, she walks towards it. The short walk seemed to last days. She collapsed once arriving at the top.
She glanced up towards Takedo, her dragon. He was her spirit beast in a way, though he never felt her pain. He nudges her nearly lifeless body. His large wings spread around her, keeping her warm. His large body was comforting to her. His head lay beside her own. “ We have to leave, now.” She whispered weakly. He lifts his head, nodding slightly. He helps her up, acting as a crutch as she packed her belongings.
He lifts her up and onto his back, ready for flight. “No,” she says. “Make yourself smaller and ride on my shoulder, someone might see you.” He lowers his head and she pets him. “Don't worry, I'll be fine.” he nods and transforms, climbing onto one of her shoulders.
She climbs out of her window, landing on the branch of a tree. She slowly makes her way down the tree and away from the house.
 
Now…
 
She and Takedo had lived in a forest that was quite a ways a way from her former home. At least they would never have to worry about another meeting with him again.
She looks toward him. He was injured badly, but she was sure he would survive. A smile graced her features. Her would not be happy about her death, but he would get over it. He would continue to do as they had always done together. He would save people and helped where he was needed and she was grateful to him for this.
She could feel her energy begin to disappear. She closed her eyes. She felt a strong energy coming towards where she lay. Being to weak to open her eyes, let alone move she just sat there, waiting.
She heard a deep voice, definitely male. She heard him approach her whispering something inaudible to her. He picked her up bridal-style, and she unconsciously snuggled closer to him. It didn't take long for her to fall into a deep sleep.