Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Prayer For The Dying ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Sister In The Shadows

DarkWater: Thank you for heating up my coffee!

Kurama: But you're only 13. Since when do you drink coffee? And when did you turn 13?

DarkWater: Since I had to start waking up at 5:45 A.M. to catch the bus in the morning. *Sighs* And since I made a typo.

Inuyasha: *Walks up holding Hiei by the back of his cloak* Keep this little brat out of my space! I was just sleeping in a tree when came up to me screaming something about sweet snow!

DarkWater: *Jumps on his shoulder to play with his dog ears* I'll never get used to your ears. I just wanna touch'em.

Inuyasha: *Drops Hiei who immediatly begins to run ina circles screaming about sugar and sweet snow* Will you get off if I do the disclaimer?

DarkWater: *Hops off his shoulders* Of course!

Inuyasha: DarkWater doesn't own me, the Yu Yu Hakusho people, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Vanessa Carlton, but she does own Kairi and Michelle.

DarkWater: That's right! Copy and I'll come after you with my new and improved mallet! *Pulls out 10 ton mallet* *relaxes* Well, you can all go on with your business. Kurama, I moved your hammock to a more quiet section of the forest. Kenshin and Sano were practicing, and I didn't want you to be disturbed.

Kurama: Why thank you.

DarkWater: See girls? It's so much easier when you're nice to the bishies. *Smirks at sounds of fangirls trying to get past the spirit sheild and wards around the protected bishonen land* On with the fic!

Hiei: Can I have more sweet snow after this?

DarkWater: Of course.



"Hiei! What is wrong with you?!" Kurama yelled in shock, still pinned against the wall. Hiei had never acted like this before.
"What happened to her?!" Hiei yelled back.
"What happened to who?" Kurama lowered his tone.
"You know something I don't, and I don't feel like having to go inside your mind to find out what it is!"
"You have to tell me who you're looking for before I can tell you anything." Hiei loosened his grip and backed off. He whispered something that Kurama didn't hear. "Who?" Hiei spoke a little louder, but his words were mumbled. "You're going to have to speak louder."
"Kairi! Alright?!" Hiei blushed. Wait a minute.....BLUSHED?!
"Kairi? She's fine."
"She wasn't at her house."
"About that....she ummmm.....well, she told me not to tell you."
"She did what?! You'd better say something!" Hiei was serious.
"She....she moved to Pennsylvania, U.S.A. last week." He paused. "Why do you need to find her? Is there something that I don't know about?" A semi-sly smile crept aross his face.
"Hn. Perverted fox."



Kairi reclined in the chair with Michelle (aka Shelly) sitting in front of the fire in her 'I Love New York' pj's. They had a small radio playing Rob Zombie (A/N: Something most girls wouldn't listen to. But I love Rob Zombie's music!)
"Meet the creeper, dig in deeper. Meet the creeper yeah." Michelle sang along with it.
"We've been listening to this long enough." Kairi stopped the music and picked out another CD.
"What now?"
"Linkin Park, no duh." The song started with the 'Play' button. "I am a little bit of loneliness a little bit a disregard. Hand full of complaints, but I can't help the fact that everyone can see these scars. I am what I want you to want, what I want to to feel. But it's like no matter what I do I can't convince you to just believe this is real. So I let go watching you, turn your back like you always do. Face away and pretend that I'm not, but I'll be here cause you're all that I've got. I can't fake the way I did before. Don't turn your back on me. I won't be ignored."(A/N: The song is 'Faint') She stopped and let the song play finish.
"Hey, I know you're mom's gone and everything, but shouldn't you be over it by now? I mean, is there something else?"
"Hm?" Kairi really wasn't paying attention.
"You're still thinking about something. I know that look, Kairi!"
"Does an 'Oh-So-Ill-Tempered One' count?"
"A what? You lost me there."
"Good. I don't need you on my case."
"So, you do have a boyfriend! After all this time, you've got one!"
"No, I don't. Now, I suggest to steer away from that subject, or I'll beat you with the fire poker."
"T-E-S-T-Y! Testy!" She paused. "Christmas is in four days.....whaja get me?"
"I'm not telling you! It's a surprise."
"Oh, what kinda surprise?"
Kairi changed the subject. "Who knew it would get so cold here?"
"Wanna go to the mall for a little while?"
"No, not really. I'm just gonna take a walk to the park."
"Okay, I'll go to the mall all by my lonesome." Michelle fakely pouted.
"Don't even try it with me."
"But it's like 5 degrees outside!"
"I'll dress warmly." Kairi grabbed her warmest coat and walked outside the small house as she buttoned it. She hummed Vanessa Carlton's 'A Thousand Miles' and she entered the park. "Makin' my way downtown, walking fast, faces passing. I'm homebound." She sighed. "I wonder if it's this cold in Japan right now.
"Heads up, Kairi!" She paused, the pieces of a snowball on her shoulder. Another one hit.
"That's for not going to the mall with me!" Michelle called.
"And that was for....well, I can't think of anything you've done lately." a boy called, another snowball in hand.
Kairi ducked behind a tree, snowball of her own in hand. She poked her head around and threw it, hitting the boy on his chest.
"That's for attacking me while I'm trying to enjoy my Christmas break!" Kairi yelled. As she duck behind the tree trunk, a snowball landed squarely on her head.
"And that was for leaving without saying anything."
"Hiei!"
"Acting like you're mental and talking to trees will get you no sympathy!" Michelle yelled, running for another hit.
"You were supposed to say something." Hiei said, landing in front of her.
"Well, I ummm....."
"I almost killed Kurama trying to find you."
"So, it's all a big game of chase for you, ne?"
Hiei smirked.
"Well, you're here. I'm here. We're all happy now, right?"
"I took all this time to find your ass. What's my prize?"
"Hmmm.....didn't think about that. It's almost Christmas, too. What do you want for a prize?"
"For you to get your ass back to Japan." He reached up and carefully brushed the snow away from her face.
"Oh, I almost forgot about that." Out of no where, she reached up and smashed a snowball on top of Hiei's spikey hair. "There, now we're even."
"Quit talking to the trees!" Michelle ordered.
"Hiei, I meet you back here at midnight so we can talk. I just need to talk it over with my friends. Is that alright?"
Hiei paused to think for a moment before nodding.
"Arigato." She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and ran back out to face the snowy assult. Hiei flitted away to wait.



"Are you happy yet?"
"You killed them." Kairi gritted her teeth.
"What is it, little sister? Are you missing the ningens? All this time, you've been refering to me like I was dead. Then again, it doesn't matter when you will take my place in hell."
Kairi looked at her watch. '11:30. I have to hurry.'
"Enough time spent speaking. Now you die!" The older girl lunged with a sword in hand. She lept in an arc and swung hard. Kairi caught in between her hands and pulled the tip to her side. "Good, but you'll have to do better!" Kairi snapped the tip of the sword and jumped back.
"Better? Try this on for size." Her ki rose, and darkness encircled her. "You've pushed your luck enough with me!" The moon went black, and all light was gone.
"No! Damn you!" Darkness filled the area. When it cleared, they were both gone. Hiei jumped on the roof where the battle had been taking place.
"She was here." Hiei said to himself. The girl jumped out of his shadow, quickly followed by Kairi.
"Can't say I've ever been hit that hard." The girl said, landing on another part of the building's rooftop. Kairi also landed easily. They were oblivious to him. "Persistent, aren't you? They're all gone. Why don't you just fall on the ground and die? It would make things easier on everyone."
No response.
"Fine, be that way. I'll have to help you get there."
'Concentrate. I can't screw up.' Kairi thought.
"Try thunder from the depths of hell!"
'Seems she's forgotten quite a bit.'
"You know I only have one shot.....So I'll put it where it hurts most!" The girl reached toward the sky and lightning struck her. "You've still got a soft spot! And I know what it is!
"What the hell are you talking about?" The girl thrust her hand toward the ground, the electricity seeking a target beneath their feet.
'Where it will hurt the most' Kairi recalled her sister's words.
"Shit!" She disappeared with all the speed she could gather and forced Hiei about ten feet to the side before the lightning shot up.
"And that is all she wrote!" Kairi's sister laughed. She suddenly stopped and gazed down at the katana piercing her torso. "You....little bastard...."
"Never let your guard down." Hiei whispered angerly. He retrieved his katana and let the body fall to the ground. Hiei searched the rooftop. Kairi hadn't been killed and her body burned, had she?


DarkWater: *Sticks tounge out* CLIFFY! DEAL WITH IT!

Hiei: *Off sugar high* But.....what about me?

DarkWater: Go hang out in a tree until I get out the next chapter! *Types the shit out of keyboard* Must....write.....to entertain!

Kurama: She's stressed.

DarkWater: No kidding fox boy!