Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Prayer For The Dying ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Prayer For The Dying Chapter 6

DarkWater: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho, Bon Jovi's songs, or Limp Bizkit's songs!

Kurama: *Still asleep in hammock*

DarkWater: He's still so sweet.

Hiei: You're obsessed.

DarkWater: Why thank you 'Oh-So-Ill-Tempered One'

Hiei: Why do you keep calling me that?!

DarkWater: Because you are. It's an honor to have an old nick name of mine.

Hiei: *Muttering* Whatever.....

DarkWater: This will be a bit more humor! On with the fic!

~~~~~~~~~~~

We're only a week away from Christmas! Fun, fun, fun!


"So, what did you get me this Christmas?" Michelle asked.
"And why should I tell you?" Kairi said with a smile.
"Cause I wanna know! I'll tell you what I got you!"
"I don't want to know what you got me." Michelle and Kairi kept walking down the streets, talking and laughing lightly.
"What do you think Hiei got you?"
Kairi turned a deep shade of red.
"What?" Michelle gave her a playful slap on the back and laughed. "Loosen up! Let's go Christmas shopping!"
"You know I hate shopping."
"But you have to make an exception for Christmas!"
Kairi sighed. "Fine, exception made."
"Great!"

~~~~~~~~~~

"What are you planning for Christmas, Hiei?" Kurama asked.
"Damn curious fox." Hiei muttered.
"I was only a question."
Kuwabara and Yusuke looked slightly puzzled.
"On to shopping!" Kuwabara finally yelled.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Run faster! I want to get this stuff home!" Kairi yelled, running down the sidewalk with two large bags in hand.
"Can't we have some now to lighten our load?" Michelle asked, following her and carrying just as much.
"It's for Christmas, baka!"
"It's close enough!"
"Hey, girls!" They both stopped and caught sight of Yusuke and the other three in front of them.
"Hi, Yusuke. Nice to see you again." Kairi greeted.
"Likewise." Michelle added.
"Well now, what's in the bags?" Kurama asked.
"My Christmas present from my uncle."
"We're gonna have fun." Michelle said slyly. Kairi and Michelle set their bags down and opened them. Everyone's eyes widened in response.
"That's A LOT of achohol." Yusuke said. "Let's see....margarita mix....tequila....8 bottles of sake....and a lot of wine."
"Most of it comes imported from France and the U.S."
"I like the way you think! No one is going home sober!"
"We should invite you for parties more often!" Kuwabara yelled.
"How about we just drop it off at Genkai's Temple?" Michelle asked.
"That works."

~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone arrived at Genkai's Christmas night. Yusuke is in a recliner with Keiko on his lap. Kuwabara and Yukina and sitting on the floor with their backs to a chair. Kairi is on a couch next Kurama with Hiei sitting on the floor at her feet and leaning against her leg. Botan is bobbing around all happy-like, and Michelle is seated on the arm of the couch. Everyone has had at least enough to drink to relax them. Embarrassing stories and funny happenings were already flooding the room. After Yusuke told stories about himself and Keiko, she pulled out the big guns and went straight for the childhood stories.
"I didn't know it was legal to run around town in THAT." Kairi laughed.
"Who knew? Of all people, you!" Kuwabara laughed.
"Not half as bad as Michelle's expirience." Kairi tilted her head up and whistled innocently.
"Kairi! No! Don't you dare." Michelle yelled.
"But you were only 10."
"It's going to be one of those 'You'll Never Look At Her The Same Way Again' stories, isn't it?" Kurama smiled. His face was getting close to matching the color of his hair.
"Not quite. She had a bit of a problem. Our worst teacher was single that year. Everyone hated her. She ran in one day screaming that she had a date. Michelle stood up on her desk and screamed 'Bull Shit!' The teacher yelled at her to get to the pricipal's office. Michelle started singing Limp Bizkit, an American group. Screaming that it's all about the he says, she says bull shit. It's just one of those days where you don't wanna wake up. You don't really know why, but you wanna justify ripping someone's head off."
"Sounds like something Urameshi would do." Kuwabara laughed.
"But why?" Kurama asked.
Kairi smiled. "She had her first taste of liquor that day."
Everyone broke out laughing.
"How about YOUR first drinking expirience." Michelle offered.
"Michelle....."
"It was at school. Actually, I didn't know she could be so coordinated after being hammered like that. Anyhow, she had trouble in school that day. Our English teach gave her a hell of a time in class."
"He beat me over the head with my binder, then beat me upside the head with a ruler."
"And Kairi stapled his hands in his pants pockets."
"It was a glorious moment. He couldn't get his hands out of his pockets. Three staples in each hand and the old tacs on the chair trick."
"She put a wolf spider in his desk."
"And covered his lesson plan in white out."
"Sounds like you hated him." Kurama said.
"I'll have you give me pointers on how to get my teachers back for everything they've done to me." Yusuke smiled evilly.
"What else did you do, Kairi?"
"Lemme think....The sake's clouding my memory, but I do remember shredding that day's pop quizes when I followed him in the office."
"She had even more to drink at her uncles that night and got up on stage." Michelle began. "None of us knew she could do a backflip until that night. But she got up on stage and started singing Bon Jovi's 'You Give Love A Bad Name' in her school uniform."
Kairi turned a deep shade of red overtop of the liquor redness. "My English teacher was in the bar that night."
"You're kidding!" Keiko shouted.
"Nope, I'm dead serious."
"It was so funny! You should have seen her!" Michelle half-yelled. "No one knew you could dance like THAT." Everyone was laughing louder.
"Couldn't hold it very well, could you?" Hiei commented more than asked.
"Needless to say, she was expelled."

Stories went on for hours.

Gifts and presents followed by black coffee so everyone could walk home.

"Well, I'm going. It's late." Kairi said.
"Yeah, I guess it is." Yusuke began. "It's.....three."
"Ja ne!" Kairi waved good-bye and walked out into the snow. She got about 100 yards from the temple when a black flash stood beside her. "Hello, Hiei. Merry Christmas."
"I....I got you something." His voice seemed a bit shaky, almost nervous.
"Hm? I got you something, too. But you go first." Hiei search around in his pocket and finally held out a little box. Kairi opened it slowly, took one glance at what was inside, and threw her arms around Hiei's neck.
"Will you-?"
"Yes! I got you something special, too.." She leaned in closer and whispered in his ear. His eyes widened, not sure whether to be angry or incredibly happy.

~~~~~~~~~

DarkWater: Another mean cliffy! Can you guess what she got him? Awww.....it's all so sweet. I'm going to add one last chapter. It'll be the aftermath chapter.

Hiei: What did I get for Christmas?

DarkWater: I'm not telling!

Hiei: TELL ME!

DarkWater: Okay, okay. Don't lose your sanity over it. *Whispers in Hiei's ear*

Hiei: I got WHAT?!

DarkWater: C'mon! You'll enjoy it!