Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Abnormal Tendencies ❯ Byakko the ugly feline ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Abnormal Tendencies

Disclaimer applies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6- Byakko the ugly feline

"Can you walk Kurama?" Yusuke asked him.

"Yes, I'll be fine," He replied and we continued down the hallway.

"So…….. um……..what's next?" Kuwabara asked.

"We fight the next saint beast," Hiei easily replied.

"Right……..and that will be………" Suddenly there was a giant roar that vibrated the ground and knocked over Yusuke and Kuwabara.

"Does that answer your question?" Yusuke asked as soon as he'd gotten up.

"Come on, let's go," Hiei said and we ran down the hallway following the roar. Finally we saw an open door and ran through it to find us outside again. Except this time we were up in the sky and saw far down a small river. We looked at the beast that had made all that noise. It was standing about a 100 feet away. There was a thin bridge a few feet away from us that led to a fighting arena in the form of a circle. The beast was standing on the edge of the fighting arena. Somehow this whole area was just floating. I figured it was demon power holding it up.

"Ahh you darn humans!" He roared snapping me out of my examination of the place "You disgrace us all! Kurama, Robin, I will make sure you die! I am Byakko the stronger saint beast."

"Ha! I could take this guy!" Kuwabara said popping his knuckles.

"Please you'd fall over crying after the first five minutes," I replied.

"WHAT! No I wouldn't!" He yelled.

"Well then I guess there's only one way to decide…….." Kurama said. Kuwabara and I looked blankly at him.

"Of course. You two have to race," Hiei said finishing Kurama's sentence. `What are these two? Telepaths?' I smirked though knowing I would win while Kuwabara showed a total look of surprise.

"What! I'm not racing her!" He hollered pointing at me.

"Why not? Are you afraid you'll lose to a girl?" Hiei asked with a complete look of amusement on his face.

"Huh? Uh no………it's just………she has super speed!" He said.

"So you're admitting a girl is stronger than you?" Yusuke asked.

"Well……….No! I'm not! Come on and let's get this over with," He said muttering the last part. We both slowly walked to the edge of our side. There was only one problem. The bridge was only wide enough to hold one.

"How will you get across?" Kuwabara asked from his spot in front of the bridge.

"Don't worry. I have my ways," I replied before Yusuke started counting us off from 10. It felt like a track race but I went with it. I still kept imagining him in my head, pointing a gun up in the air and shooting it when he said go.

"2………"

"1………"

"GO! Huh?" Yusuke said when he looked at the ring and saw I was already standing there.

"How'd you get over there so fast?" Kuwabara yelled from where he's barely taken a step.

"Simple. She ran," Hiei said.

"I know that! It's not fair! She used her powers! No one can run on thin air!"

"You could have manipulated your spirit energy to your advantage as well Kuwabara," Kurama said.

"If you had the brains enough to think of it. Now your chance is over, so leave Robin to deal with this saint beast. She'll probably be able to finish it an hour before you would have. Now get away from the edge. You might hurt yourself," Hiei said making Kuwabara angrier.

"Hm well I guess that settles it. Come on lump head," Yusuke said pulling Kuwabara back to where Hiei and Kurama where standing.

"Well it appears you are a worthy opponent," Byakko says after I turn forward from the scene behind me.

"You just noticed?" I asked raising one eyebrow.

"Yes, well………maybe I should fight you myself………but I want to see how you do against the hairs on my mane."

"Your what? What the heck are you blabbing about?" I asked. Suddenly he pulled out about 6 hairs out of his head and transferred some of his spirit energy into each one.

"What's he doing?" I heard Yusuke mutter. We soon realized when he threw the hairs onto the ground and they transformed into small beasts.

"Oh crap," Yusuke instantly said. The beasts walked around me, surrounding me, ready to pounce. They were an ugly color, green like the hair on Byakko's head, and had at least 6 eyes each. I got on my guard just as they pounced at me. I easily kicked all 6 over the edge in seconds. Byakko looked at me a moment with his mouth open wide then said, "Well it appears I will have to do what I intended to do in the first place, which was to fight you myself." Then he jumped down and landed a few feet away from me. As he slowly walked closer I shot energy blasts at him. Finally when those barely affected him I decided to use the big blast.

"Kaaaa……….meehhhh………haaaa&# 8230;……mehhh………HAAA!" I yelled shooting my strongest blast at him.

"What the heck?!" I yelled when that didn't affect him. It seemed like he got………bigger?

"Why doesn't he die?" Yusuke yelled.

"I absorb your energy, so you can't hurt me," Byakko said.

"Hm, well I guess I'll just have to fight you with my bare fists," I said getting into my fighting stance.

A.N.- Ha! Cliffy! lol. Please review! It will give me the inspiration to update.