Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Anaki: Ookami Youkai Hime ❯ Childhood ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Anaki: Ookami Youkai Hime (Anaki: Wolf Demon Princess)

Disclaimer: I only own the wolf demon tribe, the siblings, Eyukii, the clans and their leaders (for the moment anyway).

Key
*thinking*
~POV's~
`flashback`
::scene change::

Prologue: Childhood

~Author~

::Some random stage::

Well, you know, I don't suppose we can safely say that Anaki had a pretty uneventful childhood. She lived in
the kind of the place in Makai that was so chaotic that it wasn't under rule of any of the three kingdoms.

However, you see, where there is chaos there is order buried deep beneath said chaos, and so stems the numerous
tribes of demons scattered across that land.

Ah, almost forgot, her mother and father were the leaders of a powerful wolf-demon clan called Makyu.
Yet the full family consisted of a mother, father, a younger sister and two identical twins: brother and sister.
Also with their names in that same order were: Arien, Sakui, Aniya, Rei and Anshi. {1}

They all have (or had) very distinct personalities, such as:

Arien, her mother, was a strong-willed woman ready to take on anything, she was as stubborn as a mule when it came right down to it, fierce, yet kind to her children and kin. Her hair was a light shade of natural white, her eyes a creamy white like a blind person's, (Although the strange part, ironic really, was that she could see perfectly. That trick alone had fooled many an enemy in her battles.) and her skin a pale shade of melted white. She was a white wolf as you see.

Sakui, her father, had the stoic mask of Sesshomaru, but attack anything or anyone belonging to him and you'd wish you had thought about it twice. Only because, well, he'd rip out your guts and stuff them in a most unpleasant place. His eyes were an absolutely stunning shade of golden-red, his hair black with red streaks, and his skin was a light brown.
He was a brown wolf, of course.

The second eldest, Aniya, is much like her mother with an slight air of playfulness on the side, her hair is the same as her fathers, her eyes a light, almost pink, shade of red, and her skin a mixture of the two parents. She is a brown wolf.

The twins are the most rambunctious, always playing and getting into trouble, not really being too serious unless it was called for, their hair is black with white streaks, their eyes a slightly dark shade of gold, and their skin a little darker than their father's. However, in a rare occurance, Rei is a white wolf and Anshi is a brown wolf.

Arien was, well, possibly about 6,057 years old, (give or take a few years) but looked about thirty in human years.

Sakui was about 6,055 years old, and looked the same age as his wife.

Aniya is 200 years younger than Anaki, so that put her at 300 years at the current moment, but she looked twelve in human years.

The twins were 150 years younger than Aniya so they're only 150 years old, pretty young for demons, and
they looked eight or nine in human years.

Ah yes, before I go any further I should tell you about Anaki shouldn't I? She is 500 years old, but looks about fourteen in human years, her hair is natural white like her mother's with red and black streaks, her eyes are golden-white, her skin a very, verypale shade of brown. She will, in the years that will pass, gain her father's mask, ruthlessness, but yet, her mother's stubborness, also her kind attitude towards all remaining family, yet for the moment she is just a happy child. Oh yes, also, she is, in another completely rare occurance; (Yes even rarer than the twins.) Anaki is a white wolf with silver-tipped ears, tail and paws.

(I know you're confused with the past and present tense references, just read on and you'll see.)

::Alpha's home::

They sit quietly in their house around the dinner table, Arien scolding the twins lightly for thier horseplay, and Aniya talking with Anaki
about a few new attacks that mother has taught them.

"Well, it's just that I can't get this one-" Aniya starts, however she is cut off in mid-sentence by her father tapping his fork to his glass lightly.

"I have an annoucement to make." Arien says, standing up as the conversations cease.

The twins look up from poking each other to watch their father. Sakui, Anaki, and Aniya look up from eating or talking to listen to him as well.

"We are going to join the Shiyu and Makyu clans together, Anaki as the eldest, shall be married to Prince Eyukii."

Anaki smiles lightly, although thinking inside that she is too young for marriage, but nodding all the same on the outside. Besides, Eyukii was okay right? She had always liked him, ever since they were small pups.

::Anaki's room::

Aniya knocks on the door of her elder sister's room.

"Come in." Anaki calls from within.

Aniya enters, shutting the door behind her, and leaning back against it to breathe in the pleasant smell of burning jasmine incense. Her sister's room was always so heavenly, she had alot of things about balance, many books on meditation and mental works, gifts for birthdays from an old friend.

Her sister was seated on a plain mat in the far corner of the room near the window, meditating.

"Yes, Aniya?" she asks, not opening her eyes.

"Are you happy about marrying Eyukii?"

"I suppose so, he's a nice boy, we'll get along fairly well I'd think. Why?"

"Just asking, I'll miss you when you leave us."

"We shall never lose touch Aniya, you know that."

Aniya just nods, knowing her sister can't see it, and exits the room.


Anaki and Eyukii decided that they would date for a few months prior to getting married, so as to know each other better, but little did the royal family of the
Makyu know that the entire Shiyu clan is plotting to destroy them from within. Anaki is beginning to trust Eyukii with anything, even her life, until now.

Therefore it came to be that one day, when Anaki is returning home from hunting with a few warriors, they find the village in flames. She races quickly over the dead bodies and debris to get to her home, the warriors following hot on her heels. It was the only structure not on fire, but something worse lay inside, Anaki bursts through the door. The sight she sees sickens her to this day, her mother and father lay slaughtered, Eyukii standing over them with a blood soaked blade in hand, their blood.

"Why hello, my beautiful princess. You're home, yet so soon? I had wanted this to be a fun surprise." he asks her, licking the blood off the blade and smiling at her.

"Eyukii...why? Why'd you do such a thing?" she asks, steadying herself by leaning on one of the warriors.

"Only following the wishes of my father, my dear, if getting more territory means doing this, then so be it. I really didn't want to hurt you."

He throws a smokebomb at them, it releases a paralyzing toxin into the air, the warriors immediatley stiffen, falling to the floor as Eyukii kills them effortlessly.

He covers his mouth with a mask and Anaki tries to cover hers with her sleeve, but Eyukii holds her hands at her sides. She stiffens up, the paralysis smoke taking effect.

"I didn't want to hurt you, but I will just for the sake of it. We're going to have some fun." he tells her, a hint of malice in his voice. They are engulfed by smoke and screams fill the air...

It clears a few hours later and Eyukii is gone, leaving Anaki barely clinging to the cliff of life. Her eyes are glazed over and blood drips
from every orifice on her body which is covered in deep scratches, welts and gashes. Her blood seeps from her body slowly,
soaking the shreds of clothing left on her battered form. She moans in pain, trying not to breathe too deeply as it hurt like hell.

"Aniya, Rei, Anshi, they have to be okay..." she tells herself, hissing in pain as she gets up slowly and puts weight on her badly bruised leg.

After what seems like ages, she finally gets to the second floor, making her way down the hall where their rooms are clustered.

She opens the door to Aniya's room, finding her in somewhat the same condition she's in, except not as badly bruised.

She's in the corner, eyes shut tightly, the twins huddled in her arms, their innocence taken as well.

*They got all of us...* Anaki thinks, making her way over to Aniya.

"Aniya...Rei...Anshi..." her younger siblings eyes open at the sound of her voice, hoarse from screaming. "Are you alright?"

Aniya nods as do the twins.

"No, not really, I hurt everywhere but I'm glad to see you,...where are mother and father?"

Anaki's voice hitches in her throat.

"Eyukii, he...killed them."

Silence premeates the room thickly, occasionally broken by the whimpers of the twins.

"Did he get you as well?" Aniya asks, keeping her head bowed.

Anaki nods, asking the same of them.

They nod as well, silent tears racing each down their cheeks.

Anaki is shaking, her breathing becoming shallow.

Aniya is alarmed, now noticing the heavy amount of blood pouring from her elder sister.

"Sister, you need help, you'll bleed to death!"

"No, don't worry about me, you should just go before they come back to-" she says, hugging them all close to her, regardless of their current states, and is cut off as she surrenders to the darkness.

Aniya gasps, feeling her sister go limp, she immediately gets up, gathering up her unconscious sibling and telling the twins to come on.

"Hurry and gather sheets off the beds to cover us all, there's no time to get dressed fully."

"Where are we going?" they ask, now shrouded in sheets and following Aniya from the house quickly.

"I don't know, away from here, far away, to find someone to help us."

"What about mother and father? What'll we do without them?" Anshi asks, tears welling back up in her eyes.

"We'll have to worry about that later." Aniya says, gritting her teeth and telling them to hurry and gather sheets off the beds to cover themselves. "Sister'll die if we don't get her some help."

::A deep underground cave somewhere in the snow covered mountains::

~Aniya~

The snow numbed the pain somewhat, but we were freezing.

I think we were lucky though, managing to get to the mountians to an old acquaintance of mother and father, that is, before we froze to death anyway. Unfortunately in this half-demon form we were quite vunerable to the cold, and we coldn't change to our wolf forms because then we wouldn't have any energy left to sustain ourselves. We were still young and couldn't do it successfully without draining most of our energy. Anaki was the only one who could, but it wouldn't have made much of a difference. His name is Ireta, he's a mixed wizard, skilled in necromancy and the dark arts but in the light arts as well, an exceptional healer. He only had to wave his hand over us once for the lesser wounds to heal and for that we were grateful.

A few of the deeper ones knit themselves together partly before he gives up and hands us a few rolls of bandages.

I watch as he works on Anaki for a while, finally getting most of her deep wounds to quit resisting his ki and close somewhat as well. She whimpers in her sleep and Ireta pats her hair lightly, murmuring softly as he starts bandaging her wounds too.

After he finishes, he places a blanket over her and turns to us, giving us a few articles of peasant's clothing and undergarments.

"If you're going to go out then you should wear these, you'll be harder to recognize. Also..." he trails off as he starts chanting an ancient spell, I feel a sensation similar to splashed with water course over my body and when he finishes he gestures toward the mirror. "Take a look."

I go over to the mirror and gasp as I see myself. My eyes are no longer red, but a shade of rich brown, my black and red hair was now just plain black and my wolf features were completely gone.

Ireta laughs lightly from behind me, taking in the shocked looks on the twin's faces as they gaze into the mirror as well. They are the same as me, except their eyes were a deep emerald color, he even made Anaki's hair black and not doubt her eyes were changed too.

"Concealing spells, quite useful if I say so myself." he tells us, not bothering to turn his head as we change. It wasn't like he hadn't seen everything before we came in and were swathed in sheets.

The clothing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I sat down by my sleeping sister, sighing.

~Anshi~

Itchy, itchy, itchy. These clothes were itchy, but warm after being outside for so long. I growl, sitting down in front of Ireta-san's fireplace.

Aniya looks over to me, as does Ireta-san, asking what's wrong.

"Our clan's dead. Mother and Father are too, what are we going to do? How'll we live?" I ask Aniya, starting to cry a bit.

Aniya shakes her head, not knowing, but an idea pops into my head.

"Ireta-san, you're a necromancer right? Can't you bring mother and father back?" I ask, turning to him.

He shakes his head sadly.

"I would really love to, my old friends, but it wouldn't be the same. They'd just be zombies, nothing more than walking corpses. Slaves, feeding off the life force of others for eternity. I'm sorry little one, but they're gone forever. Even a necromancers magic only extends into the otherworld so far."

I nod, turning my head away and trying not to cry. I watch as Rei just stares blankly into the fire. I hated the silence that hung so thickly in the room, I wanted to shatter it, to cut it away, but I couldn't. It would still hang there just as ominously.

~Rei~

I can't believe this. They're dead. Our parents are gone, they're never coming back and we'll never see them again. I draw my knees up to my chest and bow my head, not wanting to show any of the inner torment I felt. It was as if someone had taken a knife and carved out my heart, and not doubt my sister's felt the same. I hope Anaki will be alright, I don't want to lose another piece of my family. If I ever see that Eyukii guy again then I'll tear out his throat, he hurt my sisters and me too, made us watch, I'll kill him.

~Anaki~

It replayed itself over and over again, the scene so fresh in my dream. Eyukii...my boyfriend, my betrothed, had killed my parents, had raped me, and then had raped my younger siblings as well. I could just see how afraid they were, even though I wasn't there. I wake up, panting slightly, the sheet draped over me sliding off as I sit up and take in my surroundings.

"Where?" I ask haggardly, a thin hand laying itself firmly on my shoulder and pushing me gently back down to the surface I was laying on. "Ireta..."

"Shh, you need to sleep. All of you do, we shall speak of this matter in the morning." he says quietly, a soothing calm rolls over my mind and my vision starts to blur.

"Okay..." I murmur, my reply slurring as I fall back asleep.

*You'll pay for hurting my family Eyukii.* is my last thought as I slip into a dreamless sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Glossary/Footnotes/Pronouciations {1}

Anaki- ah-na-ki

Aniya- ah-ne-ya

Anshi- ahn-she

Ireta- eye-rey-ta

Rei- ray or rey
~~~~~~~~~~~
Anaki: How you like so far?

Random Person in audience: It's so sad! -cries-

Anaki: -smokes cigarette- Get over it, this is how my life is.
-turns to readers- Review plz, two and I'll continue.