Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Artemis, the American Girl ❯ Another Fight ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Another Fighter

KoEnma paced his office, awaiting the arival of the Urameshi Team. He had something important to tell them. It was like a nightmare. Sakyo had just came, left a letter on KoEnma's desk and left. He hadn't said anything, he'd just dropped the letting into KoEnma's hands, walked out and didn't turn back.

"What?" Kuwabara asked. His face was a bit flush, along with Hiei and Kurama's.

Yuske looked like he'd just come from an amusment park. "It'd better be another mission! Genkai's gonna kill me if she finds out this is a sploof."

"Read this."

Yuske took the note.

"'Dear KoEnma,

I've got a daughter I need you to watch her. Don't make her leave the house. Can you send some Tenteis down to the airport by three on Sunday?

Sakyo.' SAKYO'S GOT A DAUGHTER?!?!?"

"Same thing I'm wondering. He's got to be kidding to think that I'm beliving that. Besides, he said he's going to see his daughter onto the plane Sunday and he's got people on his tail. He also said he'll give $1,000,000."

"And when was this?"

KoEnma let them listen to the message on the answeing machine. "This was moments before he walked in and deposited that on my desk."

"Ok, so where is this airport?"

~@~

Yuske walked into the bording docks. He spotted Sakyo.

'Thank you lords I'm by myself.' "Sakyo?"

He looked up from a book. "She's using the bathroom." He stood up and shook Yuske's hand lightly. "Here she is."

"Daddy, when's the flight?"

"In a few hours."

Yuske turned around and was shocked to see her. Her hair was down. There was a few scattered white highlights that were blended with light blue highlights. Her skin tone was not pale, yet it was close to pale. Her eyes were red with deep blue rims. Her cloths were naturally American. It had a flagged shirt with the American symbols dotted everywhere. Her pants were bellbottms that looked faded and around her kneck was a dog collar choker. Her wrist held a black digital watch. Her shoes were loose fitting.

She smiled at Yuske. "Hi."

"Artemis, meet Yuske Urameshi."

"Hey, your that teen who beat that weirdo, Tugoro, right?"

"Yeah."

"Cool!" She reached her hand out. "Nice to meet you, Yuske!"

"Uh, you, too, Artemis."

"I'm gonna get some chips." She waved over her shoulder as she walked off.

"Artemis? Her names ARTEMIS?"

"She was born in Maikai, but she was raised in America. Her names American. So, she likes it a lot more than she likes her Japanese names."

"Which are?"

"Shiira, Shikon, Suchi. Those are a few. But she's got other names that are American. Kicker, Jinx, and a few others. But Artemis is her favorite." Sakyo sat down. "Don't worry, when Artemis gets to America, she'll be a lot more happier. She'll take you to our manssion and let you stay, if you like." He opened the book he'd been reading.

~@~

Three days latter, Yuske, Jin, and Shishi were all in San Francisco.

Artemis stood by herself while she chatted with a teenaged boy. She dragged him over. "Jin, Yuske, Shishi, meet Robert."
"Hi, Robert," Yuske said. He suddenly recognized Robert's smile. "Your from the Magician's band!"
"He's the Earth Magician, the main singer. I'm the Wind Magician, the girl with the guitar."
Jin's jaw dropped. "Ah've been talkin' to a celebrity?"

"Hey, I'm not used to the pretreatment," she said. "Hey, Jerry!"

An elder man came walking over, followed by three men.
"My stuff's coming." Artemis pointed to the baggage retreval system. "Jerry, can you meet me at the limo?"

"Down stairs to the left, Miss Artemis." He bowed and went over to the belt with only two of the men. The third walked a few steps behind Artemis.

She walked out and walked over to a limo. "Here, hop in!" It was a black SUV limo. The exterior was painted with flames rasing from the hood to the trunk. "What?"

"Ah've never been in a limo, miss."

She snorted.

"Er, is it roomy?"

"Yes."

"KAY!" They all hopped in. Artemis followed them.
"Here comes Jerry." Artemis's eys suddenly blacked out. They became full court blue. She was glaring at someone. "Do any of you recognize that man staring at us?"

She pointed out a fair dressed man with black cloths and a black spot on his forehead. Sensui's eyes travled the limo's length. He stopped right at the spot where Artemis was. She sat back down and grabbed a water bottle.

"I hate being alone."
"What do you mean?"

"My fahter's been traveling for a long time now. The thing is, I'm left to nannys, nurses, and Jerry. The manssion gets lonely, which is a perfect target for me to get killed from." She drank from the bottle. "Hey, if your thirsty, there's some water in ther, if you want. Sakyo's always brining me things. From Mexico, I've got a little Mexican doll. From Scotland I've got an ancient bag pipe. From England I've got a few other things. But most of the stuff that decks my manssion are from China and Japan."

~@~

KoEnma was bitting his nails. Artemis was taking Sensui's precence with ease. It was like he didn't even excist to her.

"C'mon, why aren't they going now?"

The engine started up and they took off to Artemis's house.

"Thank God. Now let's hope Sensui doesn't follow."

Suddenly, a motor bike came up behind the limo. Sniper was on their tail.