Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Asphyxiation ❯ Chapter 4:: Dojo -=- The First night ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
What happens when an overly curious Human girl stumbles upon an old abandoned warehouse and finds a forrbidden door? She goes through it of course, but what will
ensue for poor Kaji? No-one knows... R&R minna-san!

Kaji and the Forbbidden Door Chapter Four

Disclaimer:: YYH has been disclaimed...get off my back! *flashes peace sign* Peace!

Chapter Four:: Dojo -=- The First night


Their footsteps matched evenly as they walked down the VERY tall halls of the Reikai Palace, "Hiei, what will you teach me?" Hiei sighed silently and ignored her, only for Kaji to repeat herself as though he had not heard her. Three times more she asked this of him when he snapped, "Hn. Baka onna, I'm going to train you in many things. You will see soon enough." Silence delicately weaved in and out of their padding footsteps when it was shattered by Kaji's voice, now deemed highly annoying to Hiei, "Where are we going? How much longer? Why does you hair do that?" Hiei bit back a highly annoyed growl, "You already know; Two minutes; I don't know, nor do I care to." His voice carried annoyance and finality as if comanding her to shut-up. And you know what? It worked.

Kaji gasped as they left the Palace at the sky, which was so different from the one she was used to, "It's so pretty," she trailed off not getting a response from Hiei. She smiled pleasantly as they arrived at the Dojo that Hiei and Kaji would spend the next month in training. It was designed to look like a pretty little shrine surrounded by other little buildings from Feudal Japan. Hiei climbed the seven steps (noting that there were a lot less stairs here than at Genkai's shrine) and turned around adressing Kaji, "You will NOT under ANY surcumstances leave this Dojo unless acompanied by me. No questions. Let's go look inside," His sharp tone did not surprise her, she figured that if she was going to be spending a month with him she'd better get used to his short tone; She had come to expect it of him.

The inside of the shrine was decorated to look like it was it a forest setting with green tones, hues and shades all around with an undertone of reds and browns. Hiei quickly mapped out the entire Dojo with his Jagan and memorized it. Kaji was soon struck with an idea, "Hey, how bout we go exploring the Dojo? That way we'll know where everything is!" Hiei groaned, the onna was getting on his nerves and fast, 'Who knew that there could be someone even more annoying than Botan?' He answered back to her, "Hn. No. You may go and discover your way around if you wish, but be reminded that training will begin tomorrow with the sun in the Meditating Building." Kaji looked downcast and shrugged it off with a happy, "Ok then! See you tomorrow Hiei!"

The Shrine proved to be more of a challenge than Kaji had originally thought, 'Gods this place is like a maze! hey that's it! I'll act like this is just a big maze and Figure it out that way instead of pointless roaming' Kaji frowned, her last though was not like her at all. But she wasn't worried about it for too long because she had a puzzle to figure out, the Shrine.

The main Shrine building consisted of a West wing and an East wing, to put it in american terms, then there was the middle area inbetween. In the West wing she found alot of rooms that looked like they would be well suited to sleeping and dwelling, 'I should probably pick my room when I'm finished,' in the East there was a kitchen like area and an area obviously suited to eating. In the middle area of the somewhat long rectangular Shrine there was an area obviously used as a living room (again in american terms), and also an entrace hall.

There were three other buildings around the Shrine one on the West side, one on the East and one behind it. The one in the West gave Kaji a sense of calm and tranquility. It was square in shape and contained four rectangular rooms with a square cutout of the center, in which there was a garden. The decorations of this building was well done to make the illusion of being somewhere out on the calm glassy waters of the ocean. All around were many shades, tones and hues of blue with undertones of pale jade green. The garden in the middle was in serious need of attention, Kaji decided that she would make time for this garden as soon as she could.

The Building in the back was a simple well house, nothing really special about it. It had three rooms one front room so that you could draw water for a bath and heat it, and two back rooms (separated of course) so that more than one person could take a bath at once. Decorated with plain rice paper lanterns, Kaji decided this building needed work. 'I'll come back later with some paper and write some things down to hang from the lanterns, they seem sad.'

The Eastern building was just a big rectangular room with changing rooms on either end of it and all kinds of weapons hung on the walls. Decorated with reds and golds and well as greens, Kaji was reminded slightly of an oriental dragon. All she felt when she first stepped in were traces of determination and skill laced intricately into the walls. Kaji couldn't wait until she got to use one of the weapons to specialize in. She had spotted a Katana much like Hiei's and her hands itched with an unfamiliar want of a weapon there. Kaji used to be peacefull; Not anymore she won't be.

A quick glance at the window sent her mind swirling back to the garden's state of neglectedness. The sky was a fading purple, almost exactly matching the single Violet bloom she had seen. Running over to the Main Building she went in search of Hiei. She found the darkly positioned Demon in the living room, sharpening his Katana. "Hiei-sama, I am going to work in the garden. Would you like to join me?" Hiei almost dropped his Katana at this statement by Kaji, "What the hell?! Why would I even go near a garden? I don't DO flowers." Hiei continued with his task, turning his back to Kaji; Obviously telling her to go away.

Kaji entered the Meditative trance inducing Shrine. Heading through the hallway to the porch, she thought of what needed to be done to the garden. Weeds were very prominent in the beds. Many shrubs and vines had overgrown into other's pots. Kaji knew that she needed to start soon so she would have gotten a good start by the time she had to go back. Getting down onto her knees, she started the longest and most demanding task of her lifetime: Thoroughly deweeding a long disregarded garden. And by the time that there was no unwanted greens and no unwanted browns in that place, the sun was far gone. She started to feel tired so she started to head towards the main shrine. However before she got out of the trance inducing shrine, it started to rain very hard.

Very glad that she had been out of the rain when it started, she looked out into the peacefilled Dojo being watered by the rain. Turning back into the shrine, Kaji made her way to the garden. "It looks much happier now... much more alive." Even though the plants were still overgrown, it looked alot better than before. The first smile to grace her face in reikai spread across her features as she watched the rain pour down from the deep violet sky onto the Violet flower. Bending at each touch the flower bowed down, as though bowing to a superior being. Turning from the garden she tore her eyes from the sight as she went to the room she saw earlier.

Kaji pulled out a rolled up futon and spread it out on the tatami mat, and found a warm pale blue blanket rolled up with it. Removing her purple sweater and black sweatpants she rolled them loosely to form a makeshift pillow on the floor. She slipped into the futon and let her eyes gaze over her surroundings before she drifted into sleep.

Chapter end~~ don't forget to review!!