Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Away ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Away

Chapter One

By: Aeroshi

- * -

The night sky seemed to dangle much lower in the sky that night, and the stars weren't as bright as usual. The moon was blocked out by the clouds that weren't seen through the darkness, and the sounds of the city were softer from where he was sitting.

The kitsune sat looking over the vast distances of the city. The lights from the street and windows were the only sources that he was able to see by. He ran a hand through his long red hair and sighed. His life had seemed to be going downhill for the past few weeks.

First off his mother was sick again, not deadly sick, she just wasn't feel all to well. Secondly, and most importantly, he felt like Hiei kept pushing him away. He didn't know why, did he do something wrong? For the past few days he hadn't seen the little fire demon at all, and before then, he only saw him seldom.

Kurama clenched his fists. He loved him yet he couldn't see him. He closed his eyes, searching for his lovers Youkai, he could sense him. So that meant he was still in Ningenkai, but he was far away, where exactly he was he couldn't pinpoint.

Kurama reopened his eyes and looked around the city once more. What he wouldn't give just to see him, to just speak to him for a while. But as his life was going right now he guessed it would be a while before that happened.

Standing up he walked down the fire escape and crawled through a window into his room. He switched a lamp on and laid on his bed, looking at the ceiling.

"Where are you, Hiei?" Kurama started, "And what's keeping you away form me?" Kurama continued to look at the ceiling, searching his mind for an answer, yet none came.

Sighing he shut the lamp off and pulled the blankets over his head. He was tired. Maybe if he got some rest he would find the answer to his problem tomorrow.

- * -

Kurama woke up early the next morning. He looked over to the alarm clock next to his bed and saw the blinking numbers show that it was 7:22am. Yawning, he stood up and stretched.

He had a long and dreamless sleep last night, nothing seemed to worry him. He walked over to the bathroom and looked in a mirror at himself. He then saw a picture of his family which included him, his mother, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents.

That's when something clicked. "People are keeping Hiei away from me. One's who care about him, and ones who loathe him."

A twisted smile formed one Kurama's lips. "If I can get rid of them, then Hiei wouldn't have to stay away."

Something in his emerald eyes could show that he had snapped; something was wrong with the kitsune, Kurama. He was not how he usually was; something was different, more cold, dark, and dangerous.

He got ready like he normally did bathing, dressing, grooming, and then eating. After that he told his mom he was going to the library to study for a test he had this coming Monday. He mother agreed, so he left.

But he didn't go to the library; he went towards the other side of town. Earlier, while in the shower he had thought of a plan. Who did Hiei loathe? And who loathed Hiei? The answer was obvious, Kazuma Kuwabara.

How would he do this without getting caught though? If he was caught he would have no chance of being with Hiei ever. For he would be imprisoned in the Reikai Spirit Jail.

But then a plan came to mind, and he hurried over to Kuwabara's house. Knocking on the door he waited, finally Shizuru arrived at the door. "Hello Kurama. Why are you here?"

"Oh, I need to speak with Kuwabara for a minute." Kurama lied, his lips graced by his usual smile.

"He's in his room. Upstairs, first door on the right." Kurama nodded and removed his shoes, almost forgetting at first. He could make no mistakes. A single mistake could cause him to be caught, and shoeprints were a mistake.

He climbed the stairs quietly and knocked on a door which had loud music playing inside. 'Perfect' he thought as he waited for someone to answer, but none came. He knocked again and this time Kuwabara opened the door.

"Oh, hey Kurama! Thought you were Shizuru at first." Kuwabara gestured him to go inside, and so Kurama did. "What brings you here?"

"Oh, nothing really, I was just wondering if you saw Hiei lately?" Kurama said, frowning.

"Shrimp Boy? No, haven't seen him in a while." Kuwabara said, sitting on a chair and turning away from Kurama for a second to change the radio station.

This was his chance. He paused for a second and took a deep breath, he wasn't scared or nervous, he just had to be sure that Kuwabara wouldn't scream and alert Shizuru.

He stood up quietly while Kazuma fumbled with the radio and stood behind him. This was his chance. He slid a small dagger from out of his pocket. He would much rather use a death plant or his rose whip, but the thorns and plant would be too obvious to who did it.

Kurama placed the cold blade against Kuwabara's neck. Kuwabara's body froze, and he slowly turned to look at Kurama. "What the hell are you doing?" He whispered, pure shock in his voice.

"Taking Hiei back." What Kurama's simple reply as he slid the blade over Kuwabara's neck lightly, so not to cut him yet.

"What the fuck are you on Kurama? Quit it with the joke, it isn't funny." Kuwabara watched the blade as it stopped for a moment.

Kurama grabbed a handful of Kuwabara's hair and yanked his head back so his neck was fully exposed. "This is no joke, I want you to die Kuwabara, now scream."

A louder song came on. Kuwabara closed his eyes tightly and opened his mouth to scream, but never had the chance to. At that time Kurama had pressed the blade into the delicate skin of his neck, and then sliced more.

Deep crimson blood poured out of the wound. Kurama let go of Kuwabara and backed away, wiping off the blade, watching in amusement.

Kuwabara grabbed onto his neck, trying to stop the blood from flowing, but it was useless, it flowed more rapidly at his attempts. His skin got paler and paler.

He closed his watering eyes tightly and laid down on the ground, struggling to hold onto what little life he had left. But soon the fight was over, and death was victorious.

"One down…" Kurama muttered as he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. He walked into the room across the hall. It was the bathroom. He turned on the water in the sink and washed the blood off of his hands. "If you were innocent Kuwabara, I wouldn't have killed you because I don't like the blood of innocents to stain my hands, to bad you weren't."

He turned the water off and walked out of the bathroom, already having in mind who would be his next victim.

Walking down the stairs he stopped at the bottom. "Mind if I get me and Kuwabara a drink Shizuru?" He asked her as she was sitting on the couch.

"Oh, go right ahead, it's in that room." She pointed into a connecting room. He nodded thanks and went inside. There was a collapsible table, a few chairs, and an oven, cabinets, and various other items.

This would do perfectly, simple and clean. He walked over to a drawer and quickly dug through it. Nothing. 'Don't they keep a rope or something with them?" he said to himself. Looking over to the window he saw that the curtains were tied by a rope for decoration.

"Perfect." He took the rope down and walked over to the table. He stepped up on one of the chairs, and then the table. He tied the rope to a lighting fixture to the ceiling, and looped it through the tiles that made up the ceiling. At the bottom he tied a knot and raised it up a little, so it would only be able to fall a few inches. Now to get the victim in here.

He walked over to a cabinet and took a few glass cuts. He raised them above his head and then dropped them to the ground. They shattered on impact.

Shizuru walked in. "Sorry Shizuru, I accidentally dropped them."

"Its ok, lets clean up this m-" she was cut off as the same blade that killed her brother was pressed tightly against her neck. She struggled but with no avail.

He led her over the the table and made her climb up with him. He placed the loop around her neck and tightened it. She reached up and gripped the rope trying to remove it, but soon enough he grabbed her hands and tied them behind her back with another piece of the rope.

"Any last words?" He asked the crying girl.

"Wait until my brother finds out. He'll kick your ass."

"Sorry to say that, but he won't. He's already upstairs in his room, dead. Just like you'll be in a few seconds."

"Why?" she asked meekly, crying harder as the thought of her little brother, dead entered her head.

"He took Hiei away from me. You, just because you would've found out it was me and told. As far as you know, I was the only person to come visit him yet today, and I don't want someone to go telling on me."

He leaped off of the table and sat on a chair. He reached under the half of it that Shizuru was standing on and grasped the latch. "Goodbye." He pulled it out and half the table collapsed. Her feet tried to find something to stand on but couldn't and soon her body stay still, she was with her brother now.

"Two down." He looked at her face which was now red from all the blood that had rushed past. He walked away, leaving the girls' body dangling from the ceiling.

"That was a great day at the library." He put the dagger back into his pocket and headed home to plan who would be next.

Authors Note: Well, that's all for now. If you review I'll get the next chapter up quickly! Hope you liked it.