Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ BAND OF THEIVES ❯ Seductress ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

BAND OF THIEVES
 
 
Seductress
 
 
Youko and his band of thieves sat in their fortress, planning their next attack. There was a group of traders passing through; these particular traders carried the most valuable treasures in all of demon world. Youko planned to take them all.
 
~ Later that night~
 
Youko ran through a dark valley with a sack of treasures tied to his back. There were trees surrounding him. “Hurry up, lets go, you slow wretches,” Scream Youko over his shoulder to his men. The men behind him quickly sped up. They were on his heels now! They did not dare to disobey Youko!
 
“You're one to talk,” Kuronue said loudly from the sky. Youko was about to add his remark when a flash of purple flew from nowhere and slashed his bag of stolen goods.
 
“What the…,” stuttered Youko as the figure leapt into the trees. He quickly bent down to pick up the spelt treasure.
 
“What a klutz,” said a snickering voice from the shadows of the trees. Youko suddenly stood up with an annoyed look on his face.
 
“Don't you girls ever give up,” asked Youko clutching his fists?
 
“So feisty Youko! Calm yourself, I'm just here to retrieve my treasure,” Said a tall vixen a she walked out of the shadows. She wore a black fur mini skirt with a black fur top. She was tan with purple fox ears and a purple foxtail. Both her tail and ears had silver tips on them. She had piercing green eyes with speckles of gold.
 
“Saren, this lout isn't yours, it's mine, I did all of the work, so leave. You're not getting any of it, you damn wench,” said Youko aloud, but in his mind he was thinking: `dang that girl is fine, fine, fine! She should be all mine. Damn the shape of her body…'
 
“Youko,” Said Saren as she stepped closer to Youko and as her band of vixens/sirens step out of the shadows of the trees. Each of her girls walked up to a member of Youko's clan and started humming to them.
 
Saren walked up to Youko and looked at him. She began to hum. Youko was suddenly placed into a trance. Saren then put her leg on his side and stopped humming. “Youko, I love it when you get mad like that. You get all hot and sexy.”
 
“Really,” said Youko trying to kiss Saren. She moved so he would miss. She then turned around and begun to dance. Youko placed his hands on her hips and moved his hips in rhyme with hers. Saren looked at the girl who was occupied with Kuronue, She say her look at her so she left kuronue's side and pulled out a big bag out of her pack and started placing the treasures, that were behind Youko, into her bag. Saren pretended that she did not see anything and went back to distracting Youko.
 
Youko began to left up Sarens shirt and her eyes widened. She quickly looked down to see if Nikki had gathered the treasures, she was picking up the last jewel and looked up to tell Saren. Saren pulled her shirt back down and turned to face Youko, Saren began to hum again. Youko Stopped dancing and closed his eyes listening to Saren hum. As Nikki fled, back to the trees, Saren began to move away from Youko. As Saren began to run to where Nikki had exited, she snapped her finger and all her band began to run after her.
 
As Youko and his band of dumbstruck thieves stood in the valley, they heard a voice say “wake up.” They all woke up.
 
 
 
 
Dark visions
Saren and Nikki sat in Saren's room of her beloved castle. They sat in complete silence until Nikki said, “Saren why do you look so bummed? We just stool form the greatest thieve in demon world, and… you know you liked youko feeling up on you like that!”
 
“What ever Nikki,” said Saren as she turned from facing Nikki. Saren was blushing. She knew she liked Youko, but she would never admit aloud, (She barely admitted it silently.) Saren didn't understand why she liked youko, he is pushy, cocky, and rude, why would any girl like him? “I don't like Youko, okay?”
 
“Sure, sure, what ever you say boss!” said Nikki walking to the door. “I can tell when you like someone, and you like Youko!”
 
Saren Turned to face Nikki. “Wait,” said Saren Before the door of her chamber fully closed. Saren looked down, thinking that Nikki hadn't heard her. She turned back to face her bookshelf. She walked over to it and grabbed a stack of old dusty paper from the top shelf. She then grabbed a feather quill from the dresser across the room.
 
Saren started to write on her stack of papers: `I'm so confused…' was all Saren got to write before Nikki popped up on the side of Saren and asked, “What'd you doing?” Saren jumped about 3 feet in the air and landed on the floor, not suspecting Nikki to suddenly pop out like that.
 
“What the hell is your problem, Nikki,” Scream Saren as she Got off the ground.
 
“Stop trying to change the subject. What were you writing,” said Nikki looking at Saren with her hands on her hips.
 
Saren sweat dropped and she rubs her head, “I wasn't writing anything. GOD, you're sooooooo nosey,” then she throw herself on her bed.
 
“Yeah, yeah what ever you say. But I still think you like him,” said Nikki as she started for the door. As Nikki began out the door, she began to sing, “Saren and Youko, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G…,”
 
Saren walked to the door and looked out to make sure that Nikki wasn't going to pop up at anytime soon. She saw Nikki, still singing, walk around the corner of the long hallway.
 
Saren closed the door and leaned against the wall. “That was close.” As Saren gently closed the door, she thought to herself, `maybe she's right, I need to stop lying to myself.'
 
Saren looked out her window, just to make sure that no one was out at the pond. The pond was the only reason Saren built her castle at this location, because of the pond. No one was at the pond so she decided to go out for a walk, and maybe go for a swim.
 
Saren once again pecked out the door and looked down the hallway to make sure no one was there. She saw two of her women, Cherry and Tina, walking down the hall. Cherry was tall and very muscular, (We call her Cherry because she had a bright red and orange tail and bright red and orange hair. She also had orange eyes); [no one really knows what Cherry's real name is]. Tina was short and thick around the middle, (she had a Cole black Tail with Cole black hair. She was very pretty for being “thick,”). Tina was the thug of the clan, No one messed with her. Saren quickly closed the door, not wanting anyone to see her. She pressed her ear to the door and listened so she would know if the girls had gone yet. As soon as she heard a distant door close, Saren stepped outside of her room. She quickly ran down the hallway and looked down the other hallway leading right. No one was there so she ran down that hallway until she came to doors that lead outside.
 
Saren quietly walked outside. She then walked up to her beautiful pond. She sat on her favorite boulder that stood half in the water. She dipped her toes in and out of the icy liquid. Saren pondered the idea of taking a swim for a few minutes, and decided to get in. She hadn't gone swimming in awhile.
 
Saren quietly looked around, to make sure no one was watching her. No one was so she quickly undressed and placed her body into the water. “This is the life,” said Saren as leaned back in the water. The water was now at her chin, with a sigh Saren emerged her head in the water. Saren opened her eyes, she could just make out the shape of a fish swimming in the distance of the milky water. Saren swam to the small waterfall at the far end of the pond; Saren again looked around just to make sure that no one was there, she then swam under the waterfall to a small hidden cave. This cave was her sanctuary.
 
The cave was filled with giant boulders that held candles from the size of a persons head to the size of a person's finger. Saren walked to the first boulder in the cave and lit the candles on it with one snap of her finger, (one of the many gift sirens posses.) After Saren had lit all of the candles in her cave, she sat down in her circle of black rose petals. This circle was her ideal place for meditation. With a deep sigh, Saren pulled a black rose out of her hair, “Maybe this time I'll get a vision.”
 
Saren closed her eyes and began to hum twilling the rose in her hands, as her mind began to clear her body lifted from the ground.
 
Within seconds images began to fly pass her eyes; they were of Youko, and kuronue. There was blood, lots of blood. They were running… no they were being chased, at the valley that they had meet earlier that night, `Youko, run! They're catching up to you.” Saren tried to pull herself from the trance. She was afraid. Every time she tried to get visions they were short and blurred. When she got the other visions if she wanted to pull herself from the images she could, but not this one. Saren tried harder to pull herself back to consciousness, with no luck. She wanted to help Youko and Kuronue, but she could not. The images refused to stop.
 
Saren shivered from the images and tears ran down her face, `So much blood,' she cried to herself, As the images began to fade and swirl into one large blur, Saren saw Youko's limp body hit the floor; surrounded by blood.
 
Saren fell to the floor with an unconscious thud, tears still streaming from her eyes.
 
Saren opened her eyes. She could hear people calling her name, but she did not know who they were, she did not remember where she was. Saren's head throbbed, and she smelt blood. She lifted herself from the ground. Everything was dark. She could not see anything. Saren put a hand on the floor so she could get up. There was warm liquid on the floor. Saren lifted her hand to her nose. The warm liquid was blood, her blood. Saren instantly felt her head. She could fell the exposed flesh on the left side of her forehead.
 
”God, No wonder my head hurts,” said Saren as she stood up, everything that happened in the past 24 hours came rushing back to her all at once. Youko, the blood and… his body, just lying there, dead.
 
Saren began to cry again. She fell to her knees, “why, why…,” her sobbing dragged on as the voices of her fellow thieves continued to call her name.
 
Saren felt as if some part of her had died. How could he have died? She had just seen him less than an hour ago.
 
Saren stopped crying, “I have to find him. If he is dead, I have to find his body and bury it. No one else will,” Saren got back up with a blank look on her face. Evidence of her tears still on her cheeks.
 
Saren ran out of the waterfall calling Nikki's name. Saren swam to where her cloths were and got dressed as fast as she could and once again she called Nikki's name, but louder. She came running towards Saren at top sped and she showed no sign of slowing. She stopped on a dime right in front of Saren.
 
“Saren, Something happened--,”
 
“I know,” Was all Saren would say.
 
“You know? How do you know that Youko's--,”
 
“Don't say it. We have to find them,” Saren looked at Nikki and started to run back to the valley that Saren had last seen Youko.
 
Saren ran faster then she ever had before, Nikki Ran after her.
 
“The other girls are there waiting for us, and I left Ashley and Yaton at the castle to watch over it. Where were you? We were calling you,” Said Nikki as she caught up to Saren.
 
“Why does it matter? I'm here now,” said Saren as they turned into the valley.
 
 
 
The locket and the lost love
 
Saren had stopped dead in her tracks, and her heart seemed to stop when she saw the scene in the valley. There were bodies and blood everywhere. Youko's tribe of thieves had been destroyed!
 
Saren tried to move forward but she couldn't push herself to do it, she didn't want to see Youko. She didn't want to admit that he was gone; that she would never get to see him again.
 
Nikki walked past Saren to a group of girls that were huddled over something that she could not see, but she knew who it was. The group of girls stood up carrying the corpse toward Saren. Saren took a deep breath but still could not move. The girls moved towards Saren and laid Youko down a few feet in front of her. Saren suddenly could move so she walked to where Youko was and knelt by his body.
 
Saren looked down at Youko, there was suddenly a ball in her throat and tears welled up in her eyes. `He's gone! He'll never come back,' Saren scream inside her head.
 
Saren wiped her tears and moved a piece of Youkos hair out of his face. `He's so cold,' thought Saren to herself as another tear ran down her cheek. Saren ran her hand across Youko's forehead and down his cheek. One drip of blood lie on the corner of Youko's mouth and Saren wiped it off with her thumb.
 
Saren moved her hand over Youkos chest, over the cuts on it. The wounds there were very deep. Sarens head was hazy. Everything felt like a dream. She wished it was a dream, she wanted this all to a nightmare. She wanted to wake up in her chamber; she wanted Youko back.
 
Saren waited a minute in hope that she would wake up, when she did not; she looked down at Youko crying, harder still. Saren hit the ground and all her women looked at her in shock. Saren hit the ground repeatedly, until there was a crater in the soft earth. Saren let out a cry that echoed across the valley.
 
Saren pulled Youko into her arms, tears streaming down her face harder then ever. Saren soundlessly motioned for her women to leave. She was not sure why. All she knew was that she wanted to be alone, she did not understand but this was her fault and she had to bury him herself. This was her love, and she should bury him.
 
After everyone had left, Saren bent her head to Youko's and kissed his cold lips. Sarens tears wet Youko's cheeks as she did what she had wanted to do for so long. Saren reluctantly pulled away from the kiss and looked down at Youko with puffy red eyes. Saren Smoothed the hair out of Youko's face, as she did so Youko's head fell to the side and a locket fell from the inside of his bloody shirt.
 
Saren picked up the Locket with trembling hands, it was pure silver with gold edging, the front of the locket had nothing on it. Saren turned the locket over but there was not anything on the backside either. Saren opened the locket and her mouth fell open; inside the locket was a small piece of parchment that had a smooth curving writing on it. The paper had Sarens name on it!
 
Saren closed the locket and looked at Youko again. For so long she had held back her true feelings for Youko. For so long Youko and she had pretended to hate each other and it all led to this, death. `How can this be? I just saw him.'
 
Saren placed the locket on Youko's chest right over his heart. She let one last tear fall onto his stiff form, then she lifted Youko's head and unfastened the locket from his neck, she then placed the locket around her neck and refastened it.
 
It began to rain as Saren stood so she could begin the sad task of setting her love to the underworld.
 
Nikki and the rest of the band sat in the living chamber of Sarens beloved fortress when the entrance door opened and Saren walked in dipping wet, muddy and covered in blood. “Where have you been, we've been waiting for you,” asked Nikki standing up.
 
“What does it matter,” snarled Saren and then looking at the others she spat, “Gather your weapons, we have lost a great tribe of thieves tonight. We'll make everyone know and regret it!”