Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ BAND OF THEIVES ❯ The locket and the lost love ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The locket and the lost love
 
Saren had stopped dead in her tracks, and her heart seemed to stop when she saw the scene in the valley. There were bodies and blood everywhere. Youko's tribe of thieves had been destroyed!
 
Saren tried to move forward but she couldn't push herself to do it, she didn't want to see Youko. She didn't want to admit that he was gone; that she would never get to see him again.
 
Nikki walked past Saren to a group of girls that were huddled over something that she could not see, but she knew who it was. The group of girls stood up carrying the corpse toward Saren. Saren took a deep breath but still could not move. The girls moved towards Saren and laid Youko down a few feet in front of her. Saren suddenly could move so she walked to where Youko was and knelt by his body.
 
Saren looked down at Youko, there was suddenly a ball in her throat and tears welled up in her eyes. `He's gone! He'll never come back,' Saren scream inside her head.
 
Saren wiped her tears and moved a piece of Youkos hair out of his face. `He's so cold,' thought Saren to herself as another tear ran down her cheek. Saren ran her hand across Youko's forehead and down his cheek. One drip of blood lie on the corner of Youko's mouth and Saren wiped it off with her thumb.
 
Saren moved her hand over Youkos chest, over the cuts on it. The wounds there were very deep. Sarens head was hazy. Everything felt like a dream. She wished it was a dream, she wanted this all to a nightmare. She wanted to wake up in her chamber; she wanted Youko back.
 
Saren waited a minute in hope that she would wake up, when she did not; she looked down at Youko crying, harder still. Saren hit the ground and all her women looked at her in shock. Saren hit the ground repeatedly, until there was a crater in the soft earth. Saren let out a cry that echoed across the valley.
 
Saren pulled Youko into her arms, tears streaming down her face harder then ever. Saren soundlessly motioned for her women to leave. She was not sure why. All she knew was that she wanted to be alone, she did not understand but this was her fault and she had to bury him herself. This was her love, and she should bury him.
 
After everyone had left, Saren bent her head to Youko's and kissed his cold lips. Sarens tears wet Youko's cheeks as she did what she had wanted to do for so long. Saren reluctantly pulled away from the kiss and looked down at Youko with puffy red eyes. Saren Smoothed the hair out of Youko's face, as she did so Youko's head fell to the side and a locket fell from the inside of his bloody shirt.
 
Saren picked up the Locket with trembling hands, it was pure silver with gold edging, the front of the locket had nothing on it. Saren turned the locket over but there was not anything on the backside either. Saren opened the locket and her mouth fell open; inside the locket was a small piece of parchment that had a smooth curving writing on it. The paper had Sarens name on it!
 
Saren closed the locket and looked at Youko again. For so long she had held back her true feelings for Youko. For so long Youko and she had pretended to hate each other and it all led to this, death. `How can this be? I just saw him.'
 
Saren placed the locket on Youko's chest right over his heart. She let one last tear fall onto his stiff form, then she lifted Youko's head and unfastened the locket from his neck, she then placed the locket around her neck and refastened it.
 
It began to rain as Saren stood so she could begin the sad task of setting her love to the underworld.
 
Nikki and the rest of the band sat in the living chamber of Sarens beloved fortress when the entrance door opened and Saren walked in dipping wet, muddy and covered in blood. “Where have you been, we've been waiting for you,” asked Nikki standing up.
 
“What does it matter,” snarled Saren and then looking at the others she spat, “Gather your weapons, we have lost a great tribe of thieves tonight. We'll make everyone know and regret it!”