Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Bitter Sweetness ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was raining that day. People rushed about, trying to escape the bleak and dreary day. No one expected that the rain would bring them a foreboding omen. No one expected the rain to bring her.
 
She walked the streets, completely soaked from head to toe. Her black hair was plastered over her head. The simple white dress she wore was dirty and tattered. She had on no shoes and her off-white stockings were ripped. She walked slowly, blue eyes half close. She ignored the frightened glances she received from the people in the streets. She continued to move along, as if no one stood in her way.
 
She made her way to a small apartment complex. She walked up the stairs and made her way to the third floor. Slowly, she walked and stooped in front of a door. The nameplate above the doorbell read “Urameshi.” She smiled weakly and rang the doorbell. The sound of shuffling and a young boy shouting could be heard. The door swung open and a boy about 15 stood in front of her.
 
“Yusuke…please…help,” she whispered before falling to the ground.
 
***
 
“So, you don't know who she is?”
 
“If I knew who she was Botan, I wouldn't have asked you to come over here. All I know is that I open the door and she was standing there looking like she'd been through hell!”
 
The blue haired looked at Yusuke and frowned. “Alright Yusuke, you don't have to yell. You don't want to wake her up.” Botan sat on the edge of Yusuke's bed and looked at the girl. She was sleeping peacefully.
 
“She's not going to wake up. My mom's been making the most noise she I put her there. She's knocked out.”
 
Botan frowned once more. “I see. I'll go and check with Koenma. She came to you, of all people. And she knows your name. Maybe she's a demon on the run and wants your help.”
 
“Wait, you're going to leave her here?” Yusuke asked.
 
“Why not? I can't put her on my oar and fly her to the Spirit World. It's too dangerous right now anyway. She needs to rest.”
 
Yusuke leaned up against his dresser and folded his arms. “Fine. Hurry up and run a check on her. The second she wakes up, she going to the spirit world.”
 
Botan stood up and looked at the girl one last time. She started for the door but stopped. “I wonder why she came to you,” she said.
 
“You said it your self. She might need my help,” Yusuke responded.
 
“Yes, but all demons who need help come to the Spirit World first. Why would she risk her life coming here?” Botan shook her head. “Talk to her when she wakes. Maybe you might be able to find something out.”
 
Yusuke sighed. He looked at the bed where the girl was sleeping. She stirred a little but didn't wake.
 
“Fine, whatever. Just hurry back, okay?”
 
Botan smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder. “The second we find something out, I'll be back.” And with that, Botan left.