Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Black Rose ❯ Crystal Rose ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Black Rose
 
 
The middle of winter, colder than I ever could remember it being. The snow, so white, so pure, it's so sad. Is the sky crying? Why? Oh, because he's alone again. Why is that so sad to me? Who is he? Please, tell me. Maybe if I find his name, I can finally leave this cold place where only snow and rain falls………
 
Blackdra was still sleeping, though it was already early morning, when Hiei decided to finally come. The two, though both fire demons(or at least part) and both able to summon the Black Flame Dragon, both also have very similar personalities, never got along. That was probably why, when he got then, the first thing the short evil one did was kick the tree Blackdra slept in hard enough to shake it.
She woke up immediately, just in time to catch herself as she fell. She landed and then growled at the snickering Hiei, “You little…..”
“It's your own fault for falling asleep when you were told to wait for me,” he said, as coldly and angrily as he could while still savoring the victory he'd just scored. Though it was but one point against the many times she'd tricked and annoyed him.
“If you weren't so slow, I would have time to sleep, every think of that in that head of yours? Or is that all just empty space?”
Hiei glared at her,” Shut up, half-blood.”
“Make me, half-breed,” she retorted.
“Now, now, you two, come on, don't fight,” said a boy coming towards them. He was their same age, long red hair with a gentle kind face, though the two of them knew better. Shuichi Minamino, or actually as he really was the fox demon Yoko Kurama, was a skilled and quite scary opponent when he fought, especially considering his ability to control any and all plants.
Blackdra yawned, then looked at him sideways, “Why should we?”
“Because you two will have to work together again and we don't want any trouble like last time,” Kurama said.
Hiei sighed. The first, and last, time the two had been forced to work together, they were assigned to steal a very dangerous ancient artifact from some very stupid humans. To make a long story short, they too didn't fail, but they did almost cause the destruction of the Human Realm. He looked at her and guessed by the frown on her face she remembered it as well.
“What is it this time then?” She asked, not bothering to ask why them or why he couldn't come as well. It probably was the same reason: Kurama had his own mission to take care of.
“You two are suppose to go to the Demon Realm and steal a sword called the Crystal Rose. It's being kept by a demon by the name of Kira, though besides that we don't know much,” Kurama said “Koenma would like you two to start the mission immediately.”
“Hn,” Hiei said, proof that he didn't really care either way. He turned and left, but not before calling over his shoulder to Blackdra to come.
“Don't treat me like a freakin' dog, you short nuisance…..”she said loud enough for him to hear. She went after him anyway.
They came to the exact middle of the park, the only place she could open a portal with any level of certainty of going where it was suppose to go. He stood back, knowing better than to stand to close to an opening portal, especially since he once got sucked into a black abyss by Blackdra, though no one was sure whether on purpose or accident. Either way, he didn't want to have that happen again, so he jumped up into a nearby tree as she opened her portal to the Demon Realm.
Once open Blackdra looked up at him,” Coming or not, Short Stuff?”
“And you have all the fun?” he said with a smirk, “ Not on your life, Dragon Girl.”
He jumped down and followed her in, unknowing that the wheels of fate were turning, and not quite in his favor.
 
It was quiet when they got to where they were going, quiet and dark. Nighttime it seemed. Blackdra had gone up into the highest tree she could find that was near their objective to see if she could see anything. Hiei stayed on the ground. He looked around but saw no guards at the large entrance before them. He looked at her, “Are you sure this is-“
There was a loud rumble coming from the other side of the door. She jumped down and grabbed Hiei by the arm and then back up into the tree she went with him.
“You hear that just now?” he whispered, careful not to speak too loud in case their enemies heard. She nodded. She was getting a bad feeling. First there was no guards and now a loud rumbling? Why does all this give me the heebie-jeebies? It just didn't feel right.
The doors opened and two gruesome-looking, quite ugly ogres walked out, dragging out over-sized maces with them. The doors closed again, leaving the two as guards.
Blackdra winced and accidentally squeezed Hieis hand with hers. He finally noticed they were still holding hands and he pulled his away, annoyed, but not for his old reason. He just hated it when she touched him, it always made him feel….strange.
She didn't seem to notice because she then sighed and jumped down, “Guess we're going to have to waste energy. What a bother…..”
The ogres noticed her, but before either could do anything, she attacked, quicker than any eye could see. Hiei sighed and came down after her, deciding against letting her have all the fun.