Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Blood Red Marker ❯ Chapter 6: The Run ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N-

Yay! I made it to chapter 6!

God, I just watched Smarty Jones loose the Belmont, really sucks….

Only two and one-half days of school left, and one more test…I cant wait…

Chapter 6- The Run

Zann was running blindly, making her legs move in dark brown blurs as she plunged deeper into the forest in her fey state. Everything that had just happened blurred together in her mind, making a pool of many colors that she strived to push out of her knowledge. She was finding it hard to run and think at the same time.

Her body protested as she flashed by more trees, black gnarled trees. Her surface wounds bit deep into her flesh, and each wound seemed to burn with flaming pain. Inside it felt as if her very organs were consumed by fire. She felt empty, like all the emotions in her head stayed there, refusing to travel through the rest of her body. The last wall of energy that she had sent at the two demons had sapped all her true anger, leaving her soul burning for more and her head with a fake sense of malice.

Fuck it all, Im getting a headache also…Zann winced. Thinking hurt right now, but she couldn't help it. Looking behind slightly, she scryed the trail she left behind for any signs of pursuers. There, right behind her, she could sense a fastly moving flow of energy. Cursing, Zann tried to pick up speed.

A stray root rose out of the ground that Zann had not paying attention to and caught her foot. Zann went hard and painfully right into the ground. Cursing even more, she desperately felt behind her for the demon's presence. The energy was approaching at an alarming rate.

She lifted her head up from the ground and began to stagger off, spitting out blood and dirt. Moving her head from left to right, she began to look for places that she could possibly hide. Goddamn, I am running from a demon! Zann noticed a break in the dark bushes to her left and plunged through the hole. Stray branches seemed to reach out and snag her on the cheek. Shit, I have got to regain my composure. If I make a mistake now and that demon catches up, then I am screwed. I have not enough energy left to fight another battle and live…

Zann was now dodging through trees, sprinting for a break in the trees that she saw just ahead. Behind her, the pursuer was getting steadily closer. Zann's legs were about to give out, not able to sustain her weight moving at a run. Just as she passed the last few trees, her black eyes opened another two inches and she thrust one foot forward and threw her weight back, screeching to a stop.

Never had Zann ever imagined that such beauty had ever existed. Never had her mind wandered far enough from the windowless prison she had lived in all her life. Her black eyes grew large in surprise, and nothing could make her take her eyes off the site.

Right there in front of her the earth simply stopped and plummeted down many feet until it continued on again. There was a strong wind, not quite so foul as the one that blew around the cursed house, yet still not the brisk feeling she had anticipated. Down below she could she many shades of green, which led her to believe that a real forest was down there.

She longed so hard to be among real trees that she forgot what had brought her sprinting to the edge of the cliff. And when she noticed a source of spirit energy pummeling towards her at an alarming rate, it was too late. All she understood was the feel of another body painfully slamming into hers, then an amazing floating feeling. She opened her eyes and found herself moving down, and the edge of the cliff where she had once stood was getting smaller and smaller, occupied by a black shape.

Anger replaced fear, and she forgot for a moment that she was pummeling down the side of a cliff. Reaching behind her, she drew one of her swords and managed to aim one shot of grey flame at the black shape before she passed out for lack of oxygen.

Hiei sensed that the girl had stopped. Foolish onna. Within a few seconds, he came to a clearing of trees. Ahead he could see the back of the girls head, staring down a cliff as if she had never seen one before. Hiei picked up speed, and went ramming into her from behind. The force of the hit racked the girls body as she went flying over the side of the cliff. Hiei gracefully stopped at the edge, and watched as the girl began to make her descent. He was somewhat surprised when the girl flipped on her back in mid air to stare at him. Her eyes were completely black, and glinted in pain and anger. He watched interested as she pulled one of the katanas from behind her and threw the same sort of grey flame. The fiery bullet sped towards him, and he calmly watched as it approached. Before it made impact, he smoothly dodged to the side and indifferently watched as the rock where he had just stood blazed in grey and black flame, then burst asunder in many pieces.

Surprising that she didn't faint from the beginning… He thought as he gazed back down the cliff. The girls form was still visible. Now her body dipped downward so that she was headed head first towards the ground. A long object floated beside her, and glinted in the sun. The object was the sword that she had used earlier, and she had lost a grip on it somehow..

Hn. Yes, she is strange, yet still a ningen, still weak…. He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked emotionlessly as the limp form of the black-eyed girl crashed into the trees far below.

Hiei stood motionless in the same place for a while, replaying the images in his mind and trying to figure out what kind of power she used. Her flame was not like her own, it was not borrowed from some demonic place. It seemed whole, like spirit energy, yet was altogether different. Hn. Too bad she had to die before we could get so information…

A/N-

Oh no! They are going to kill me because this chapter is so short! *gulps*

Oh well, all I can do is watch in hilarity as they try to bring me down with flames…

(p.s.- writers block has infected me, because I already had the first part of this story laid out yet I decided that I didn't like the way the arc was going.)

To make up for it, I will torment you with a teaser from the next chapter…. (which I hopefully wont change, because if I did it would make this preview look kind of stupid.)

Zann slowly reached for her sword as she felt the presence of the intruder coming nearer. It blundered along, loudly yet still cautiously. Waiting till inruder was in slashing range, Zann prepared herself for a quik stab.

Moments before she turned, the creature said something. "Could you help me? I lost my mommie…" The sound of the voice was small and quiet, as if it were on the verge of tears.

The voice startled Zann into movement, and she spun around and drove sword into the soft flesh without thinking, only remembering the words of her dead Lord. Everyone is you enemy…