Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Bright Eyes ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Bright Eyes - Art Garfunkel
A Yu Yu Video Clip
By Sakura
------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Is it a kind of dream? Floating out of the tide,
Following the river of death downstream; Oh, is it a dream?]

Youko Kurama stands at the edge of a Makai river with the Urameshi team, Yukina and Botan. Candles are floating down the river. He produces a rose from his hair, smells it for a second, then tosses it into the river. They watch as the rose follows the candles down stream.

[There's a fog along the horizon. A strange glow in the sky.]

A fog appears causing the sky to glow a strange purplish color.

[And nobody seems to know where you go, and what does it mean?
0h, oh is it a dream?]

A shot of human Kurama and Hiei together in Kurama’s room arguing. Hiei jumps up and dashes out of the window. Kurama yells after Hiei, tears forming in his eyes.

[Bright eyes burning like fire!]

A close up shot of Hiei’s eyes. In them we see a raging fire.

[Bright eyes, how can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes.]

Youko Kurama is holding Hiei’s limp body, his eyes are closed. He presses his body close to him and tears fall onto Hiei’s eyes.

[Is it a kind of shadow, reaching into the night?
Wandering over the hills unseen or is it a dream?]

Flashback of Hiei leaping from tree to tree following Kurama and the others as they walk and talk to each other.
Kurama senses Hiei's you-ki and turns to look up, but sees nothing, a sad smile appears on his face.

[There’s a high wind in the trees. A cold sound in the air.
And nobody ever knows when you go and where do you start
Oh, oh into the dark.]

Flashback of the last time the Urameshi team together. Yusuke and Kuwabara are laughing at some joke of Kuwabara’s. Yukina is smiling talking to Botan while Kurama sends furtive glances to Hiei. Suddenly Hiei’s gone, and Yukina and Kurama are the only ones to know he’s missing as they begin to look for him.

As the chorus repeats, we see several shots of Kurama and Hiei together. Hiei watching him as he goes to school; Hiei in a tree outside his room; Hiei and Kurama on a picnic in the park; Youko Kurama and Hiei sleeping together in the Makai forest.
Finally we end up with the beginning scene, but only Kurama remains still watching the rose, tears falling from his eyes. He whispers one word ‘Hiei.’

Owari

Author’s notes:
Hiei fans please don’t flame me for this one. I was in a weird mood when I wrote this. I had been wanting to do a song fic for a while and I kept forgetting the words for the songs I really wanted to do. I was watching the movie Watership Down when this song appeared. I felt this would make a good Yu Yu fic because I immediately thought of Hiei-sama when I heard it.
It took me quite a while to figure out what to do with this song because I originally had NO intention of doing a death fic, but it seemed that this song would only be good for a death fic hence, this fic. To set the record straight, I am an avid Hiei fan and would never really wish to separate Hiei-sama from his kitsune. Consider this to be an alternate dimension.
Any constructive C&C welcome otherwise any flames will be ignored.

Disclaimer:
The Yu Yu characters are owned by a whole lot of people and the song belongs to Art Garfunkel and some other people so please don’t sue me.