Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Captured by a Rose ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Captured by a Rose

 

Series: Yuyu Hakusho

 

Rating: R

 

Pairing: Yusuke/Kurama (male/male)

 

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters

 

Summery: This fic begins where Kurama and Yusuke first meet in the series and their relationship develops into shoenen-ai.

 

 

In the forest the rain beat down hard. Pitter-patter, pitter-patter came the tapping of rain through the dense canopy above. Down the mucky, saturated path I hiked. One of my shoes sank deep into a sticky pool of mud. Not only was I drenched from head to toe, but now my uniform was soiled as well! Damn. I just returned from the dead, Koenma assigns me a job as Spirit Detective, and this what happens.

 

"We think the three artifacts of darkness, stolen by those thieves from my father's vault in the spirit world might be in this part of the forest," Koenma surmised, before giving me anything but a hint on where the artifacts might be.

 

"Like your guess really helps me, Koenma," I grumbled, pulling my shoe out from the mud.

 

No sooner than I looked up, a bright light caught my eye! It was a beam of light that fell from the sky, descending into a patch of forest just ahead. "That just might be a lead!" I said under my breath, and raced ahead on the muddy trail to the source of the light.

 

It radiated from a forest clearing, rather large and dry in the area of light. No rain fell there for some odd reason or another. In the center of the clearing were two figures.

 

"With the Orb of Baast, I can consume as many souls as I want!" cackled one large figure, Goki, muscular man, swinging the Orb about in his hands.

 

"Now that we possess the three items of darkness, no one can stop us, not even the spirit world!" scoffed the shortest one named Hiei, a young male dressed in black with a white strip tied around his forehead, and hair that shot back in all directions. He brandished a sword, muttering something about how it turned anything it hits into demons. I recognized that blade from Koenma's description! It was one of the three artifacts. It dawned on me that I'd discovered the thieves, who stole the artifacts Koenma spoke of.

 

The last of the three thieves, Kurama, said nothing, watching passively from the shadows that cloaked him. "When the moon is full, I can use Forlorn Hope," he said softly to himself, emerging from a curtain of darkness.

 

Kurama stood there, his posture composed and expression calm, quite unlike the others. In that stillness he observed the world about him, in an intelligent and thoughtful manner. With my sight fixated on him, I stepped into the clearing. His gaze darted over to me, scanning me from top to toe as if I were the object of an intense and deliberate study.

In his scrutinizing gaze I noticed a deep emotion hidden within. His large, beautiful, green-orbed eyes concealed a sorrow buried beneath his calm, masked exterior. Under the mask I felt a deep-seated pain, down in the bottom of his soul that consumed his very being. I wanted to reach out, hug him and say, "It's okay, Kurama-kun. Share your pain with me."

 

Kurama's gaze intensified, as if he could read my thoughts, drawing me closer to him in his mind. "If only you could help, but you can't…" his forlorn thoughts echoed back.

 

"Hmm, and just who the hell is this?" snapped Hiei, growing weary of the silence.

 

"Another puny human sent after us by Koenma," sneered Gouki, cutting in between Kurama and I. "His power's incredibly low. Just what'd I except from a human!"

 

How dare he insult me, that bastard Gouki! I strode right up to him. "The name's Urameshi Yusuke, Spirit Detective!" I announced. "And if you want to make this easy, hand over the artifacts!"

 

"Forgive me, Yusuke, but I cannot do that," refused Kurama quietly. With a heavy heart laden with sadness, he turned to Hiei and Gouki, saying, "I apologize, but I do not share the same goals as you, Gouki, Hiei. Therefore, I withdraw from this alliance. Goodbye, then, Gouki, Hiei." Then he left and his figure vanished into the dense forest thicket.

 

"Just WHERE the bloody hell are you going, Kurama!?" roared Hiei, disappearing in a furry hot pursuit after Kurama.

 

 

* * *

 

After Kurama fled some distance in the thickly wooded forest, he paused to catch his breath, panting like a beast of prey that scarcely outran his predator by a hair's width. He perched atop a limb in one of the highest trees keeping a lookout, in case Hiei might be spotted. The rain abated revealing a clear view from his post.

 

Suddenly, about a half mile away, Kurama sensed a small blast of spirit energy emanate from the clearing where he fled. In the direction of the clearing a loud shriek pierced the air, echoing painfully through the forest canopy.

 

"It's Yusuke!" cried Kurama realizing my life was in grave danger.

 

Back at the clearing, Gouki showed me no mercy. Once I snagged the Orb, he transformed into his demon form, yanked me by my hair, and slammed me headfirst into a tree trunk. As I screamed from the top of my lungs in head splitting agony, I coughed up blood, staining my soiled clothes a fresh, crimson red. My sight of the ground and blood on my chest grew blurry. I found it harder to stay conscious feeling my world spin.

 

"I can't tell ya how hungry the smell of fresh blood makes me, kid!" laughed Gouki sadistically. He reached down, snatched the Orb back, inhaling in deeply of my bloody scent.

 

I lost all vision and my eyes shut. The spinning sensation grew more painful in a throb that jolted the insides of my head. I passed out, loosing all consciousness in a concussion, in a final act that was the end of me.

 

To be continued…