Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Captured by a Rose ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11

 

My kiss transformed any sorrow or doubt that plagued him into a sweet love that overflowed through his spirits. The feeling flickered in his eyes like a freshly kindled fire.

 

"Yusuke-kun, I love you so much," Kurama uttered, his face radiant with love.

 

My lover closed the distance that divided us. He clasped his hands behind my neck on its nape. They felt warm against the bitter chill of the twilight air. I hugged him tightly. The heat from our bodies enveloped each other in an aura of intimate warmth.

 

"I wish this moment could last forever," I whispered, wishing for an impossibility to come true.

 

"I know." Kurama felt the same way.

 

As we held each other the temperature slowly dropped with the setting sun. It started to drizzle.

 

"It's getting cold. The sun is down. We should leave now before it pours," Kurama suggested, loosening his hold on me.

 

After the drizzle it quickly turned into a downpour.

 

"I think it's too late. Look how heavy the rains become," I said with a sigh.

 

"You're right," murmured Kurama.

 

We released one another from our hug. With the weather now bad it no longer felt romantic. Ten minutes later the downpour thickened into torrents. They grew heavier, raining down one after another. The wind became brutal. It howled pushing the droplets towards us at an angle under the eaves. We huddled closer against the shrine's wall, as far back under the as we could go.

 

"Achoo!" Someone sneezed quivering from the coldness. It was Ms. Minamono. She shuffled around the corner, bent over and quivering. "How stupid I am, Shuichi-kun! It's all my fault that we're stranded and freezing," she cried.

 

"I understand your feelings, Mother. Now's not the time to panic," he said gently, not the least bit unperturbed.

 

How he remained placid beats me. I wanted to say to her face, "Yes, Minamono-san, you are damn fool who doesn't listen to her son." But that's just me.

 

"Mother, Yusuke-kun, follow me," the redhead asserted, keeping as close to the wall as possible to avoid getting rained on.

 

He led Ms. Minamono and me to front of the shrine in the entryway situated behind the altar. The extended roof of the porch provided more cover from the torrential weather.

 

"Good thinking, Kurama-kun. Here we're still cold, but at least we don't get rained on," I said with a sigh of relief.

 

"That's just part of my plan," Kurama added quickly. He pointed to the shrine's double doorway. "See that old rusty lock, Yusuke-kun? On the count of three, I want you to help me yank it."

 

"I get it, Shuichi-kun," exclaimed Ms. Minamono. "We'll not only be dry, but warmer inside the shrine as well."

 

"That's right, Mother," agreed Kurama. "You just got out of the hospital so I want you to stay dry and well." Kurama said to me, let's pull that lock."

 

Together we both grasped the lock and tugged. "1, 2, 3!" We fell back. It slid off like a knife through hot butter.

 

Kurama examined the lock. "Looks like it was cut already but a sharp metal object. There's no rust in the cut so it must be recent."

 

"I bet someone's inside!" I assumed. I kicked the doors open. Nothing. I only breathed in dank, stale air that smelled from the shrine's decaying wood. "It's safe. Come in," I told Ms. Minamono and Kurama.

 

Once inside everyone stopped shivering. I bolted the shrine doors shut to keep out the hostile wind and relentless rain. The rain sounded like a thousand hammers, all-pounding mercilessly on the roof above. Just then, we froze from the crackling of thunder. Lightning struck. It lit the room briefly like a hypnotic strobe light. We heard an earsplitting noise, a crash, and then a thud from above. The roof creaked where part of a tree hit.

 

Ms. Minamono fainted from the fear. Kurama caught her in his arms. He lay her down on the mildewed floorboards in the back of the shrine's small interior.

 

"Is she okay!?" I cried out. I squinted in the darkness. I strained my eyes to see Kurama's form. I crawled over, sitting near his mother.

 

"Yeah, she is," replied Kurama, checking Ms. Minamono's pulse and breathing. "Nothing is wrong. She'll be okay. That noise just scared her. She'll wake up when it's over."

 

Crack boom! More claps of thunder echoed. Their combined noise reverberated as if an army of kami clashed in the sky over who might be the victors of this cloudy domain. Another heavy torrent slammed down into the beaten roof, which tired from the torture of countless downpours.

 

I huddled over into a ball, grasping my legs. I trembled in terror. "This storm scares me shitless, Kurama-kun. I don't blame your mom for reacting the way she did."

 

After Kurama made sure his mother was okay, he sat down next to me. He saw my discomfort. Kurama thought to himself. "I can at least I can comfort him. I'll show how I feel."

 

He inched behind me. He slipped his thin, muscular arms beneath my shoulders. They locked around me protecting me from the world. I am his prisoner of his soul captured in his grasp with no key. In that grasp I cocked my head back. I gazed into his emerald, liquid pools. I felt myself fall in drowning in sweet ecstasy.

 

In sweet ecstasy he kissed me. His hot, tender lips pressed against my flesh warming it, causing it to sir. He trailed many sweet kisses along my neckline, each kiss hotter, deeper, more loving than the rest. I melted in his love.

 

"Oh, Kurama-kun, that feels good," I said dreamily, seeing his smile through half closed lids.

 

My love caressed my forehead, pushing aside some thin tendrils, tucking them behind my ears. "You are tired, rest Yusuke-kun. The storm will soon subside."

 

The rain lightened a little bit, sounding like the tapping of birds' feet on the roof instead of hammers now.

 

I sighed heavily. I felt my body grow weary. "You're right, Kurama-kun. I'll get some sleep." In the safety of his arms, I fell fast asleep.

 

To be continued…