Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Captured by a Rose ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 13
 
 
Blood trickled over his lip. He bit down too hard.
 
“Kurama-kun! You're bleeding!” I cried, brushing my sleeve over his face to clean away the blood.
 
“I had to bite down, even if I bled. I didn't want him to see my feelings.” Kurama ran a pale, porcelain hand over the crimson stain of my shirt. “It's soiled. I'm sorry, Yusuke-kun.”
 
I chuckled. “It's okay.” My fingers caressed his swollen rosy lip. Their gentleness silenced him. “Let's go inside and rest, Kurama-kun. ” I swept off his feet, carrying him into the shrine's inner sanctity. I lowered him into a dark, cozy corner made for the two of us.
 
When Botan retrieved the last artifact, Ms. Minamono awoke, wakened by the morning light.
 
She yawned, rubbing her eyes. “Oh, I feel so energized!”
 
“You slept a long time,” Botan said, gathering all of the artifacts. “Want me to escort you home? The weather is clear, and it looks like Yusuke is still asleep.”
 
“Go ahead with Botan-san, Mother. I'll wait here until Yusuke is awake. Then I'll meet you at home,” added Kurama, next to me.
 
“Sure, why not. I'll see you later, Shuichi-kun. Be a good boy and take care, okay?” Ms. Minamono said before leaving.
 
Kurama nearly broke out into laughter. He forced himself to keep a straight face. “Okay, Mother. I will.”
 
Botan and Ms. Minamono departed. I breathed a sigh of relief, letting down my guard.
 
“That poor Hiei, such a tortured soul,” I said, still feeling tired.
 
I leaned against his tired, aching body. He panted, his breath heavy and deep. A thick film of perspiration coated his face. A sliver of moonlight invaded in through a crack in the wall, catching its bright sheen. How beautiful his face shone like freshly painted porcelain! I entwined my fingers in his fiery, mane-like hair.
 
He curled his hands around my fingers, lost in his lovely maze of hair, soft as a sheet of wine-colored satin. “Yusuke-kun, I tried to love him like you loved me, yet it wasn't meant to be. I'll tell you why. In the Demon Realm a myth tells about an enchanted snow goddess who lived high up in the glaciers. One day, the only male she loved broke her fragile heart. From her tears, the koorhime, a female race of ice youkai came to be. The hatred of the goddess cursed them. If any koorihime dared to mate with a male, he'd impregnate her with a Forbidden Child. That's what the curse does.”
 
“A Forbidden Child, like Hiei.” I nuzzled my nose into his neck, intoxicated by the rosy scent of his skin. “Did the curse stop you from loving him?”
 
“Yes,” Kurama replied, heartbroken. His fingertips traced patterns down my arm in the smooth strokes of a painter's brush, leaving a slight, sensual tickle in its wake. “Hiei's mother, Hina, sinned against the goddess by loving a man. After Hina's death, the goddess desired that Hiei should suffer too. So she filled his heart with rage. That's what makes Hiei so violent and solitary. When we met my presence somehow calmed him. Then we became friends. In time I fell in love. Every time we came too close, his rage surfaced, driving us apart. This happened many times over driving me crazy. I became depressed, suicidal. If I stayed with him any longer, I'd kill myself out of madness. I suffered too long, putting his needs before mine. That is why I had to leave, even if Hiei felt rejected, empty or lonely.”
 
“I don't blame you, Kurama-kun,” I whispered, nestling my head in the warm crook of neck. “It was not only your mother's illness but this drama as well drove you into the depths of despair.”
 
My lover pushed back my hair, sinking his lips onto my forehead. A kiss of burning love, sweet and deep like before. “A lost relationship, a dying parent, now a wounded memory, I want our love to heal it.” Both passion and sorrow stung him as a gleam in his eye.
 
“Oh my love, it will, into a world beyond your dreams,” I uttered in utmost bliss. “My lover, my soul mate, my light, I'm yours!” I took his face in both my hands and kissed him full on the lips.
 
* * *
 
In our dreams that kiss took us to Heaven. We soared in our spirit bodies high above clouds in the predawn darkness. At the edge of the horizon where land and sky met the sun rose. Its vermilion rays reached out like wings of fire, spilling out into a pink and violet hue that ignited darkened sky, heralding a new day.
 
The burning orb climbed higher behind my lover. Its golden aura erupted in a backlit shower of light, silhouetting his celestial figure. His skin glowed brightly, illuminated from the inside out by pure white light. His hair transformed into a flowing fire.
 
I squinted in the blinding light. “Are you God?”
 
His musical laugh rang out. “No, Yusuke-kun. This is the true form of my spirit body! Let us join our Light, our spirit bodies as one. This is the highest form of love between two people, comparable to the direct merging of the soul with God.”
 
His green eyes danced. In them I gazed at my twin reflection that yearned for his love. It erupted, spilled over, flooding into my being. Joy swept over me in a wash of great passion.
 
I called out his name. He called out mine. In a cosmic cry that sang through the Heavens to the Heart of All Creation, our spirit bodies joined as one. Our combined Light crashed like two comets hurled at one another in a nova like explosion that lit the sky.
 
* * *
 
After we climaxed in love, our spirit bodies descended down in a way two snowflakes whirled from the sky. We alighted atop the shrine roof. The pink energy of love swirled in our spirit body auras. When we returned to our physical bodies, we carried that energy with us.
 
I felt the weight of my fleshly garment pull me in, its skin enclosing me as if I might be a caterpillar snug in its cocoon. The pink energy seeped out into my body, filling every cell of it in a light, buoyant and pleasant feeling. This pleasantness stirred within me a new sensation. I smelled in my memory the perfume of Kurama's scent. I imagined in my senses the softness of his touch. The intensity of the dream and the sensation of touching him, called out to the visceral recesses of my mind.
 
A slight arousal sprang to life. I felt my conscience torn in two halves: one part focused on lust, the other love, locked in conflict, battling within. I will not allow love to surrender to lust, especially with Kurama here. “So innocent…”
 
The edges of his lips curled up slightly. “Did you say…innocent, Yusuke-kun?”
 
I slipped back, crossed my legs together, hoping to conceal what arousal remained.
 
He rose on all fours, head craned above my lap, smirking. “You are the innocent one, my beloved.”
 
“Kurama-kun, come again?” I gasped, backed up against old, wooden walls.
 
A sweet laughter escaped his parted lips. “I shall explain, Yusuke-kun.” He reached up, caressing my cheek. “I bared more of my soul to you. That brought us closer. So we shared the same dream. In that dream I showed you the true image of my spirit body. Its appearance is the reflection of my soul. The love you felt from it awakened your soul. We merged our spirit bodies together, consumed in this great, indescribable love. When your spirit body returned to its physical body, you felt that love in the form of a sexual desire, since our love is the romantic type.”
 
A bright flush mounted in my cheeks.
 
“Don't worry, Yusuke-kun. I won't do anything you're not ready for.” He stroked my smooth, tanned face. “Yusuke-kun I love you so much, I'll wait until the end of time.” He pressed his lips to mine, his love flowing into the core of my soul itself. My soul stirred, joining with his through the touch of our lips. With closed lids, I returned to that dream, from which I prayed never to awaken.
 
To be continued…