Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi Hiei on the Run! ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chibi Hiei On The Run By: DJ Rodriguez and Saiyan Moon Goddess   (Author’s Notes: Well, we hope you have enjoyed the trip so far. As of now, when this chapter ends, I will officially take it over and make it my own.   SMG: He’s right. However, I will be his beta-reader and make sure that this knucklehead friend of mine doesn’t make any mistakes.   DJ: ^_^() She’s a true friend, isn’t she folks? Completely honest. That’s what I like about her, and her stories.   Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 3: The Watery Card VS The Water Demon

Marlene sat beside Chibi Hiei, who had been turned into a giant by The Big Card. After going into a sugar rush, he was put to sleep by Sakura with The Sleep Card. Now the cat demon waited for the cardcaptors to capture The Big Card, or Hiei would stay oukii. Marlene already went through an almost traumatic experience.

She glanced at his angelic face. "You know, Hiei, I like you better when you're chibi. At least I could carry you and you could fit inside a room."

She didn't have to wait long. Soon, Sakura and the others returned.

"Guys!" Marlene called. "You have it?"

Sakura nodded and showed her The Big Card. Marlene turned to Chibi Hiei. The giant started shrinking to his normal size. When the transformation was done, Marlene picked the boy up and his hat. Then looked at the others.

"Let's head back. We all deserve some rest." Sakura nodded, and glanced at Shaoran. Marlene didn't miss the kind of look she gave him, and inwardly smirked. 'Perfect match at twelve o' clock.'

"Marlene, we're going to the Aquarium tomorrow. Would you like to join us before you return home?" said Sakura.

"Sure, why not?" Marlene replied.

**********

Marlene and Chibi Hiei stayed at Sakura's house over the night. The house had only one guest room so Marlene let Chibi Hiei take the room while she slept on the couch in the living room.

The next morning...

Marlene groaned as the sunlight hit her eyes. She opened her hazel eyes slowly and moved to sit up. She stopped when she felt weight on her chest. She looked up. Her eyes widened and her face turned as red as a tomato in embarrassment. Chibi Hiei was lying over her, sleeping peacefully. But, his head was lying on her chest as his left hand rested on one of her breasts.

'When did he get here? If he hadn't turn into a kid physically AND mentally, I would've kicked his ass all the way to Koenma's desk.' she thought to herself as she gently lifted the sleeping child away from her and lay him back on the couch. "Oh well, we're not in our dimension anyway."

She sat up, yawned, and stood up from the couch. Time for some breakfast.

There was chaos over the news as everyone saw what was left of the city. Schools were canceled for now. Sakura and the others couldn't be happier. And luckily, the Aquarium was still intact. Marlene, Chibi Hiei, and the cardcaptors went there to see the dolphin show. The group seated in fourth seat row. Everything was going good, for now. Except for Chibi Hiei, who wouldn't sit still.

"I love dolphins." said Marlene.

"But they're splashing water all over those people." Chibi Hiei whined. "I HATE water."

Marlene knew he was really using that as an excuse to leave and steal some ice cream from the cafeteria. He had already tried that, twice. She had a rope tied around his waist and the other end tied around her wrist. She turned to him and pouted.

"Aw, Hiei-chan, are you saying that you hate me too? I'm half water youkai."

"Iie!" Hiei cried and hugged her. "I don't hate you, Marlene-san!"

Marlene stroked his hair. "That's good." She grinned. 'That worked. Since he's a kid he doesn't mind me calling him -chan.'

"Hey, look! What's happening?" Sakura called.

When Marlene turned back, she saw the woman, who was previously feeding the dolphins, being pulled into the water by some invisible force.

"Help, someone!"

The same thing was happening to one of the dolphins.

"What the?"

"Marlene-san, look! A whirlpool!" Chibi Hiei called.

"A whirlpool?" Marlene glanced at the woman's feet underwater. Indeed, a small whirlpool surrounded her ankle, and another one had the dolphin trapped.

"Something smells fishy around here." she said.

"Yeah, more like a Clow Card." said Shaoran.

"Let's check it out." Sakura stood from her seat as she saw her brother trying to help the woman out of the water.

"Wait!" Marlene called. "Look, the water is...."

The water inside the dolphin tank started spilling everywhere, filling up the entire room.

"Oh no..." Marlene said, holding Chibi Hiei tight and the water went up their feet. "We have to get out of here before we drown!"

Everybody else in the room panicked and headed for the exits, but they were all shut. Panicked screaming filled the room along with the water.

"Marlene-san..." Chibi Hiei grabbed on to her leg, feeling the cold water going up his ankles. Marlene lifted the little one into her arms.

"It's okay, Hiei-chan. I'll take care of this." The water was spreading fast.

"How?" Sakura said.

As if on cue, Marlene changed into a water sprite form. Her blonde hair turned aqua green, and her hazel eyes turned into an even darker shade of blue, her hands and arms were decorated with scales. She raised her right hand forward while holding Chibi Hiei in with her other arm. Suddenly, the water stopped flooding and moved to another side of the room, away from the others.

"Sugoi, you can command water?" said Meilin.

"That's the only thing I can do in this form besides breathing under water." Marlene said. "But the water can't stay like this for long. Someone better do something quick!"

"Uh, let me see." Sakura took out the Power Card and activated it's magic into her wand. She ran toward one of the exit, which was crowded with people. "Stand aside!" Surprisingly, everyone did so, making a small path for her to pass. She raised her wand and hit the bullet-proof-glass door. The glass shattered like it was nothing.

After doing the same with the other exits, all the people inside the Aquarium ran outside the building. Marlene then noticed the water going back inside the dolphin tank slowly. The dolphins splashed happily and everything seemed back to normal.

Marlene released her hold on the water and let it flow back into place. "What in the world happened?" Chibi Hiei still held on to her neck as turned back into a human.

"Whatever it was, it's gone now." said Sakura.

"It was The Watery Card." said Kero.

"Are you sure?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah."

"Hmmm," Marlene looked thoughtful. "If it moves by water then it's probably still in this building or it has escaped through the plumbing." She set Hiei down

"You're right." said Kero.

"I remember some big tanks of water in the basement of the Aquarium." said Sakura. "How about we check them out?"

"Let's go." Marlene said and ran ahead with Chibi Hiei. The others followed.

The group went into the basement. It was dark and creepy and they could barely see anything. They walked blindly through a hall, their hands in the walls trying to find a light switch.

"Someone turn on the lights." Meilin whispered.

"There appears to be no switch nearby. Hang on." Marlene raised her hand in front of her. In the palm of her hand formed a ball of electric energy. It grew bright, lighting up their surroundings. "That's better." She looked down and noticed something, or someone, was missing.

"Where's Hiei?" she said.

"He's not here." said Shaoran.

"Oh, no. He undid the rope." Marlene moaned. She created another ball of electricity and offered it to Sakura. "Here, I'll look for him." Sakura stared at the ball of energy uncertainly. "Go ahead and take it. It won't shock you." Sakura took the ball hesitantly.

"Look for The Watery Card. If I find it, I'll let you know." Marlene took off into one direction while the cardcaptors went through another.

Marlene walked through the hall, looking everywhere for Chibi Hiei. But the Forbidden Child was nowhere to be seen. "Hiei-chan! Where are you?! I don't have time to play games right now! HIEI-CHAN!"

Silence. Marlene sighed and looked down.

"Marlene-san!" a tiny voice called in the distance.

Marlene's head shot up. "Hiei?!" She looked around. Then ran in the direction of the jaganshi's voice. "Hiei-chan, answer me!"

"Marlene-san, you have to see this!"

Marlene ran faster when the voice became louder. She came into a large room with a huge iron tank filled with water. She spotted the little fire demon standing before it, his tiny hands on the tank's edges. He turned his head and smiled brightly at the blonde.

"Marlene-san, look, a whirlpool!" he said with huge eyes.

Marlene sighed in relief. He was safe. She froze. Did he say whirlpool? Suddenly she ran to him worriedly.

"Hiei-chan, get away from that thing!" she yelled.

"Doushite?" the little boy said confused, then cried out in surprised when he felt being pulled into the water. He turned back to the whirlpool. The thing had a firm hold on his bandaged arm. He grabbed on to the tank's edge to keep from falling in.

"Marlene-san, help me!!"

"I'm coming!" Marlene reached out to him, but it was too late. Chibi Hiei fell into the tank and he was pulled under the water. "HIEI!" The water youkai managed to grabbed the child's foot before he sunk down further, and pulled.

Bubbles and ripples formed on the water's surface. Marlene panicked. "Kuso! Hiei, don't you dare drown on me!"

Chibi Hiei was running out of air. He tried fruitlessly to free himself from the whirlpool, but it only resulted in the whirlpool surrounding both his hands together.

"Let go!" Marlene yelled as she pulled harder. And she succeeded in taking Chibi Hiei out of the cold water. The force sent the little one crashing against her and she fell over with him. The child coughed out all the water in his lungs. The neko patted him in the back.

"Are you alright, Hiei?"

"Yes...*cough*...I'm okay. *cough*" Marlene held him close and sighed in relief. The moment was short lived when the water from the tank rose out of it and took the form of a blue girl, something like a water nymph.

"Who...?" Marlene started and stood up, taking a step back with Chibi Hiei in her arms. "Oh, you must be The Watery Card."

The Clow Card growled and lunged at the duo. Marlene gasped and ran away through the direction she came from, a wave of water right behind her. Chibi Hiei held on to her neck tightly and looked over her shoulder.

"Sugoi!"

"Sakura, Shaoran, Meilin, Kero, Tomoyo!" the water youkai called. She came into another big room. The cardcaptor group was there. They turned to her.

"What-whoa!" Sakura started as they say the tsunami behind her.

The youkai finally caught up to them and stood before them. Marlene put Chibi Hiei down and gave him a push.

"Run, Hiei! We'll take care of this!"

Chibi Hiei looked over his shoulder at her. "But, Marlene-san-"

"I said: go!" she insisted. Chibi Hiei ran far and hid behind a tank. Marlene turned to the Watery Card as the cardcaptors joined her.

"Wait!" Marlene said when she saw Sakura pulling out a card. "Let me try." She changed into a water sprite again. The tsunami got closer. Marlene placed her hands in front of herself. And the wave stopped a few inches before her. The cardcaptors took a step back as The Watery took form again.

"Sorry, Watery." she said. "But it's obvious who has more control over the blue element." She let her arms drop. The Watery lunged at her again. A blue light surrounded Marlene and she jumped, hitting the Watery straight in the jaw. The shield allowed her to hit the Watery even if she was made by water. Marlene continued to fight with Watery and noticed that Sakura stared at them and did nothing.

"Sakura, don't just stand there! Seal it up!" the youkai yelled. Sakura woke up from her stare and took out her long wand. She ran to the water creatures and raised her wand over her head.

"Watery Card, return to your power confined!" she yelled and slammed her wand down.

Right when Watery was about to grab at Marlene's face, she stopped. She turned as she felt herself sucked into the wand. Once the process was complete, she turned into a gold and red card. In the front, was a picture of Watery. The card floated to Sakura's hands.

Marlene sighed in relief and changed back into her human form. Her hazel eyes searched around for a certain tiny figure.

"Hiei-chan!"

Chibi Hiei came running immediately to her and hugged her around the waist. She returned the hug.

"That was amazing, Marlene-san!" he said happily. "You're cool!"

Marlene smiled at the child. "Sure, thanks." She turned to the cardcaptors. Sakura was putting her new Clow Card away. "Kids, I think we've had enough action in this world for today." She turned back to the little one and grabbed his tiny hand. "Let's go, Hiei-chan."

"Come back any time!" Sakura yelled as she waved goodbye.

Marlene took out her gold and silver pen and it drew a circle in the air. A new dimension hole opened. Chibi Hiei went in first. Marlene waved goodbye to the cardcaptors, then went through the portal herself.

In which dimension will they end up next?

To Be Continued.....

(Author’s Notes: Well, it looks like more adventures are on the way folks. From one dimension to another, Chibi Hiei and Marlene will take the worlds by sugar-rush storm!   Saiyan Moon Goddess: From the next chapter and beyond, DJ will take care of the rest. I shall stay as the editor, though. The story has been awakened and will step from its former glory to a new golden path! Thank you for everything!   R&R, no flames, enjoy, and leave long reviews!)