Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi Hiei on the Run! ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chibi Hiei On The Run

By: DJ Rodriguez and Saiyan Moon Goddess

(Author’s Notes: Good day, everyone. Its cool that we got some reviews here. Keep them coming in! We like to see what we can do to make this fanfic more enjoyable for you readers out there.

SMG: Things are bad enough as it is for Marlene to chase that little chibi Hiei, but this! Hang on to your hats for this roller coaster ride!

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 2: Kuroi's Wrath

"Marlene! We're back!" Kurama yelled as he and the others entered his apartment.

When he received no response, he worried that Marlene was angry with him. He went to his room as the others placed their bags on the floor.

'That's strange.' Kurama thought. 'I don't feel Marlene's youki, or Hiei's.'

The kitsune went into his room. It was empty. His bed was a mess; the sheets were out of place and the pillows had fallen to the floor.

"Marlene? Hiei?"

He searched everywhere, and the others helped him. There was a broken plate in the kitchen with cookie crumbs all over. The oven was open. It had cooled from the last time it was used. The bathroom had been used as well. The shower was still wet and there was a wet towel left behind over the toilet seat. There was no sign of any other room in the house being used since before they left for the mall.

"Where could they be?" Yusuke said.

"Maybe they went on a date?" said Kuwabara.

Before Yusuke could say anything about Kuwabara's idiocy, Kurama went over and whacked the big oaf on the head, surprising everyone. He actually looked annoyed.

"What was that for?!" Kuwabara said.

Kurama was at his face in a second. "If Kuroi finds out that Marlene is on a date with someone she just met, he'll kill me!" he yelled.

"Who's Kuroi?" asked Kuwabara. "Marlene's boyfriend?"

"Don't you think she could've gone back home?" said Yusuke.

"She was supposed to stay with me for a week, Yusuke!", said Kurama. "And she always goes out with me because she doesn't know this city very well. She could get lost! Then Kuroi would never forgive me!"

"But who's Kuroi?" Kuwabara said.

Yusuke was about to ask the same question, but Botan interrupted him. "Hey, I know! How about I ask Koenma-sama to tell me where she is while you guys look for her? It'll be much faster this way."

"You'd really do that Botan?"

"Of course, Kurama. Anything for a friend."

"Thank you."

"Let's get to it!", said Yusuke.

**********

Everyone went his or her separate ways to search for Marlene, except for Yukina, who decided to go with Kurama even when Kuwabara begged her to accompany him. They didn't bother to search for Hiei. His disappearing acts were more than common in their daily life. Botan later came back and found Kurama and Yukina in the park.

"Where is Marlene, Botan?" asked Kurama.

"Kurama, we have a problem." Botan replied seriously.

**********

"Gone? What do you mean gone?" Kurama almost yelled. Everyone was back at Kurama's apartment.

"Koenma-sama said she's not in this dimension anymore. And neither is Hiei." Botan replied.

"I think we need to talk to a certain toddler." Yusuke's eyes narrowed.

**********

Kurama, Yusuke, Botan, and Kuwabara went to the Reikai and went directly into Koenma's office, who was waiting for them. He knew his tantei quite well, they always demanded an explanation. Only this time Kurama was the first to speak.

"Koenma, I want to know where Marlene is. What do you mean she's not in this dimension anymore?"

"Just like that." Koenma replied. "Hours ago, a portal to another dimension was opened somehow, then Marlene and Hiei disappeared, and the portal closed. I don't know in what dimension they landed nor I can do anything to help. Right now the only way to open another portal is with a with a dimensional pen."

"Then tell us where we can find it so we can use it." Yusuke said.

"I'm afraid it's not that easy, Yusuke. There is only one type of demon that can create those magic pens. And they were forbidden from doing so centuries ago. Those pens are ultra rare nowadays, not one had been used...until now. They come from Marlene's birthplace."

"Then, we can't." Kurama muttered.

Everybody stared at him. He looked down in defeat.

"What do you mean, Kurama?" said Kuwabara. "We can go for another pen and bring Marlene and Hiei back."

"You don't understand." Kurama sighed. "Marlene is from a tribe of neko youkais that live in a hidden city, totally separated from the Ningenkai and the Makai. They're one of the rarest demon breeds. They're physical appearance is a little like mine, but in size they're quite small. They also possess the power of lightning, they control it all over the Makai. And being the antisocial youkais they are, they don't leave their city nor let any other youkai enter. If somebody finds that city, they never come back alive. Only two of that tribe have left the city, Marlene and Kuroi. We'll be risking our lives if we go there. Most of the neko tribe are A-class youkais. Marlene and Kuroi barely made it out the first time."

"But why did Marlene and that Kuroi guy left their hidden city if they're suppose to be as bad as you say they are?" asked Yusuke.

"Kuroi just happened to be almost the complete opposite of a normal neko youkai and Marlene is...just different." Kurama explained. "I can't tell you why they left the city, they made me promise not to tell." He sighed again. "I better go to Kuroi's house and tell him about Marlene. He'll probably scream at me."

Kurama turned to walk away, but Yusuke placed a hand on his shoulder.

"We'll go with you." Kurama smiled.

"Thanks Yusuke."

Kurama, Yusuke, Botan, and Kuwabara returned to the Ningenkai and reunited with Keiko and Yukina at Kurama's apartment. They all sat at the living room, and Kurama was staring at the big wristwatch he was wearing.

"Do it or not do it. That is the question." Kurama muttered.

"What is that watch for?" asked Kuwabara.

"This is a communicator that Kuroi gave me. I can call him and he'll create a portal that'll transport us to his house, which is at the other side of Japan."

"He can do that?" Yusuke said.

"He can do a lot of things." said Kurama. "Well, here I go."

The redhead tapped a button on the watch twice. There was a *beep*, and in a few seconds, a face appeared on the small screen. It was a young man that looked like he was on his early twenties, with short black hair and dark brown eyes.

"Hey, Kurama, I thought you'd never call." the young man said with a slightly annoyed expression. "And where's Lynx?"

"Uh, hi Kuroi." Kurama greeted back, tensed. "We need to talk. Can you open a portal from your house to my apartment? Is about Marlene."

"Why? What's wrong? Where is she?!"

"Just open the portal and I'll explain everything."

"Alright then, but make it quick, and it better be important. You know Koenma doesn't like it when I used my powers like this."

The image disappeared, and, almost immediately, a portal appeared in front of the gang. Almost everyone backed away.

"Don't worry, it's safe." Kurama said. "I'll go first."

The kitsune stepped into the portal, the others soon followed.

When they exited, they found themselves inside a house. The portal close as someone ran down the stairs to greet them. He stopped in front of Kurama and scanned the group. Not finding what he was looking for, he frowned and stared at Kurama, who started to sweat.

"Kurama, where is Lynx?" he asked.

"Who's Lynx?" Yusuke whispered to Kurama.

"That is Marlene's youkai name, but she doesn't like it. She prefers her human name." Kurama whispered back, then turn to Kuroi and said nervously: "Now Kuroi, is very rude not to introduce yourself to my friends first."

Kuroi glanced at Kurama's friends. "Okay, to make it quick, my name is Kuroi. But only Kurama and Lynx are allowed to call me that. You may call me by my human name, Miguel."

"So, are you Marlene's boyfriend?" Kuwabara said.

Kuroi stared at him. "No, Lynx is my little sister." He turned to Kurama. "And I want to know why isn't she with you."

"That's what I wanted to talk about, Kuroi. You see...Marlene...um...she and Hiei...they...disappeared."

Kuroi stared at the group and there was dead silence. Slowly, Kuroi's expression changed from shocked to enraged.

'Here we go...' Kurama thought grimly.

**********

Some people walked in front of Kuroi's house as a yell erupted and made the house shake, and the roof pop up.

"SHE WHAT?!!!!!!!!"

**********

Back inside the house, everyone had covered their ears at the sound of Kuroi's voice. Kuroi suddenly grabbed Kurama's neck and started shaking him violently as well as strangling him.

"What do you mean she disappeared?!!!" Kuroi yelled loudly. "You tell me where my sister is right now, Kurama!!! And that friend of yours had better not done anything to her!!"

"Ack...H-hiei W-would...ack...n-n-never...hurt her...ack." Kurama managed to say.

The others tried to separate Kuroi from Kurama. As the girls pulled on Kurama, the guys pulled on Kuroi. Kurama's face turned blue and finally Yusuke and Kuwabara pried Kuroi away from him. Both catched their breaths, Kurama from being strangled, and Kuroi from yelling.

"Kuroi, I don't know how it happened." Kurama said as he stood up. "I merely left Marlene with Hiei at my apartment and when I came back they were gone. Koenma said they were transported to another dimension with a dimensional pen."

Wrong answer. Kuroi was at his face again. "You left her?! I've told you about a million times not to leave her alone!!"

"But Kuroi, calm down. I trust Hiei, I'm sure Marlene is fine." Kurama said.

"Oh really?! Are you sure that he didn't steal Lynx's pen, open a portal, and kidnapped her?!"

Kurama sweatdropped. "Kuroi, you're exaggerating. Besides, you know Marlene can take care of herself."

"She barely knows how to control her powers ever since she received that trident, and using a book of spells for pranks don't help much!"

"But don't you have another magic pen that we could use to bring them back?" Yusuke said.

"No. I don't. I personally gave Lynx that pen. It was the only one I had." Kuroi replied.

"Then we'll have to wait until Marlene and Hiei come back." said Kurama.

"Nani?!" Kuroi yelled.

"But can't you just return to the neko youkai's city to get another pen?" said Kuwabara.

"Are you kidding?! Of course I can't!!"

"Why not?"

"First of all, the second I step into that city again, I'll be a deep fried neko! And second..."

Everyone stared at him and waited for him to continue.

Kuroi sighed miserably. "I don't remember where the city is."

Everybody, except Kurama and Kuroi, facefaulted and fell over.

"It's been many decades since I last visited. And you think it's easy finding a hidden city? Not even Koenma knows where it is. He only sees demons from the neko tribe when they die. We are a rare type of demons."

Kurama nodded. "I hope that Marlene and Hiei are okay. Who knows how many dimensions they'll go through. They could even land in a alternated universe of this one."

"An alternated universe? I wish I could see that." said Keiko.

"A dimension where Yukina and I are together?" Kuwabara asked dreamingly.

Yukina looked a little blue. Yusuke laughed. "Yeah, and Hiei would kill-" Kurama quickly proceed to clamp Yuseke's mouth shut.

"A dimension where Botan knows how to fly without scaring her passengers to a second death?" said Kuwabara.

"Hey!!" Botan yelled.

Kuwabara continued. "Or maybe a dimension where Hiei and Marlene are together. You can see them kissing passionately, and then-"

*CRASH* A bolt of electricity suddenly hit Kuwabara and he fell to the floor, black and crispy.

"Itai." he whimpered pathetically.

Everyone turned wide-eyed at Kuroi, who held a silver spear on his hand. The spear had a lightning-shaped symbol right below the point.

"Kuroi, take it away!" Kurama almost yelled. "What if the kids see you like this?!"

The others just stared. Kuroi was about to say something.

"Miguel?" a small voice came from another room.

"Oh no! That's Tora!" Kurama said. "Hurry, get rid of it!"

Kuroi's silver spear disappeared. Two little boys entered the living room. Both looked around six years old, they both had short blond hair and hazel eyes.

"Big brother!" they both yelled. "Suichii!"

"They look like Marlene." said Yusuke.

"They're Marlene and Kuroi's little brothers, the twins, Tora and Hyo. Tora, Hyo, I would like you to meet my friends: Yusuke, Yukina, Botan, Keiko, and Kuwabara." Kurama introduced them.

The little twins bowed. "Nice to meet you!"

Kuroi turned to them and smiled.

"Why don't you boys go to your room and play while I talk with our guests?" he said.

"Okay!" the twins replied and ran upstairs.

Kuroi then turned to Kurama and frowned.

"So, are you completely sure that Lynx will be okay with your friend?" he asked.

"Like I told you before, you can trust Hiei."

"Alright, Kurama. I'll trust your judgment, but you know what I'll do if I find out it was otherwise."

"Oh, come on, Kuroi. You and Marlene have always trusted me before."

"Yes, I guess you're right."

"I wonder how much time we'll have to wait 'til Marlene and Hiei come back." Yusuke said.

"It could be days, weeks, or even months." said Botan.

"I don't think I can wait that long!" Kuroi yelled.

"But we have no choice, Kuroi." said Kurama. "And knowing Marlene and Hiei, they'll survive."

"They're probably having so much fun right now." said Kuwabara. "Visiting many different dimensions, seeing new things, meeting new people. I wish I could've gone with them."

"No way, you'd probably slow my sister down." said Kuroi.

"Says you! I could take you on anytime!"

"Do you have a death wish?" Kuroi asked. "I'm an S class."

"Kuroi is right." said Kurama. "I told you that almost all the neko tribe are S class youkais."

"Is Marlene an S class too?" asked Yusuke.

"No." Kurama replied. "Marlene is still A-class."

"And Kuroi worries about her?"

"What about Hiei?" Kuroi turned to Kurama.

Kurama sighed, knowing that look. "Hiei is an S class, since last year."

Kuroi glared, but Kurama didn't back down this time. The kitsune was confident that his neko cousin wouldn't hurt him again.

"What can be we do while they come back?"

"I'm going to Kurama's apartment as soon as she comes back. And Kurama, since you are part responsible for this, you'll have to baby-sit Hyo, Tora, and my baby sister, Lynxu."

"Nani?"

"You heard me. You'll have to baby-sit my brothers and my little sister. Is there a problem with that?"

Kurama looked down. "No, Kuroi."

"Good." Kuroi smiled in victory.

Yusuke whispered in Kurama's ear. "Are the kids that bad?"

"Not really, the twins are good boys, but the baby cries a lot, and that'll take too much of my time." Kurama whispered back, and then thought to himself ‘Where are Marlene and Hiei?’

To Be Continued...

(Author’s Notes: Well, this was one hair-raising experience. ^_^() In any case, we hope you all enjoyed this chapter. More on the way!

Saiyan Moon Goddess: Taro, Hyo, and baby Lynxu have cat names, but they are NOT cat demons like Lynx (Marlene) and Kuroi (Miguel), they really are humans. Thanks for listening!!

R&R, no flames, enjoy, and leave long reviews!)