Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Cool ❯ Cool ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Cool

Summery: Botan and Yusuke are getting a divorce. Botan meets the new girl and Yusuke with the gang at a karaoke bar. How will she take being just a friend, pretty well by the song she choose. One-shot. I own nothing.

Cool

Botan walked to Yusuke, she had been expecting this day for a few weeks, and frankly she wasn’t as sad as most would think. After three long years, her and Yusuke were getting a divorce. She understood where he was coming from, after being together and in love for so long, they had lost that spark. Botan knocked on the door, as Yusuke smiled and let her in.

“Are you ready to sign the papers Botan?” Yusuke asked, he wanted to make sure that there would be no conflict between the two. He didn’t want to seem cold hearted and mean, just because they didn’t love each other anymore.

“Yes Yusuke, after this, will we still be friends?” Botan asked, she could bear to loose him, coming to terms that her feelings must have changed into that of platonic love. She could never bear the guilt that Yusuke and her couldn’t be friends because of something so trivial as a divorce.

“Of course, in the time of us being married, I kind of think of you as a sister, which is one of the reasons we couldn’t stay this way, right?” Yusuke asked as they both singed the papers, and handed them to the attorney that had just come through the door.

“I’ll see you later Yusuke!” Botan yelled as she walked through the park, smiling brightly. She turned to watch where she was going and ran into Hiei.

“Sorry about that Hiei.” Botan said as she walked to the fountain, Hiei followed her, giving her weird and curious glances. Botan got nervous and shifted, then looked at Hiei,

“Is there something on my face?” She asked as Hiei’s crimson eyes took a soft tone and he sat down on the edge of the fountain.

“You and Yusuke aren’t together anymore.” Hiei said as more of a fact then a question. Botan looked at Hiei and gave him a small grin.

“We didn’t love each other anymore, or at least in a way where we should be married, you know?” Botan said as Hiei just nodded. She smiled again and pushed Hiei into the water. Then she laughed at him as he came up from the bottom, looking like a drowned cat.

“Onna, that was not very smart.” Hiei said in a low tone, as he pulled her down into the water, making her blue sun-dress cling to her body. She walked over to Hiei, looking very mad with her metal bat in hand. Hiei gulped and backed away, as she came closer.

“Hiei… I’m so going to get you for this!” Botan said using her bat to splatter Hiei in the face with water. That was the odd starter of Botan and Hiei’s weird new friendship.

Three Months Later

Botan, Hiei, Kuwabara, Yukina, Kurama, and Shizuru were sitting at a karaoke bar, as Yusuke and Keiko walked in. Everyone looked between the couple and Botan, as she got up and hugged the two, causing shock from the group, minus Hiei.

“Keiko, Yusuke, I’m so glad you guys made it!” Botan said, as she gave Keiko a big bear hug. Keiko and Yusuke smiled as Hiei walked up to them also, shaking their hands, as Keiko pulled him into a hug.

“Me and the baka onna are sorry for missing you guys for tea last week.” Hiei said as the other four looked in wonder at how the other four were acting so buddy-buddy. Yusuke said it was okay as Keiko managed to get Botan up onto the stage.

“Uh… Hey guys!” Botan said, causing a sweat drop to form on friend’s head. “I’m Botan Rekai, and I’ll be trying to win myself the grand prize for karaoke!” She said, causing even more sweat drops to appear on her embarrassed friends. Botan pushed the button for the speechless music to play.

It's hard to remember how it felt before

Now I found the love of my life...

Passes things get more comfortable

Everything is going right

And after all the obstacles

It's good to see you now with someone else

And it's such a miracle that you and me are still good friends

After all that we've been through

I know we're cool

We used to think it was impossible

Now you call me by my old last name

Memories seem like so long ago

Time always kills the pain

Remember Harbor Boulevard

The dreaming days where the mess was made

Look how all the kids have grown

We have changed but we're still the same

After all that we've been through

I know we're cool

And I'll be happy for you

If you can be happy for me

Circles and triangles, and now we're hangin' out with your new girlfriend

So far from where we've been

I know we're cool

Botan smiled brightly at Yusuke and Keiko, who clapped the loudest. Their friends soon followed as she walked off the stage, carrying about two-hundred dollars. Botan smiled again and sat back down.

“Botan, did you mean it?” Keiko and Yusuke asked her at the same time. Botan looked at their auburn eyes and her own lavender ones shined.

“I know we’re cool, as long as you guys want to be. Your like my big brother and sister.” Botan said, speaking from the heart, as the two hugged her. She laughed as all of her friends joined into a group hug, except Hiei, because he was ‘too good for human traditions.’

“Come on Hiei-san!” Yukina begged as Hiei grumbled and got into the center with Botan, somehow. He looked at all his happy friends and let a small smile grace his lips.

“Hey guys! This must be something good, Hiei’s smiling!” Botan said as they departed, off to spend the money on a nice diner, for the new soon-to-be married couple. Yusuke and Keiko were to be married in two months. Botan smiled for what seemed to be the millionth time that day, as her friends were laughing and having fun.

Kuwabara and Yusuke in an eating contest, Kurama hiding behind a menu to not be seen with them, Keiko yelled at Yusuke and Kuwabara to stop before they choked, Yukina smiling while she listened to Kuwabara claim his love for her, while Shizuru rolled her eyes. Then there was Hiei, pigging out on sweet snow, and glaring at Kuwabara for touching his sister.

“I guess we haven’t changed.” Botan said as she sighed and smiled at her friends. “But then again, it’s not all that bad.” Botan said, as she glanced at her friends and grinned. She looked at the couple, Yusuke and Keiko, and smiled at her friend’s happiness.

It nice to know we’re cool.

A/N: Okay, I have no clue why in the world I wrote this, but I love this song and I’ve always wanted to try a Yusuke/Botan. And I added a bit of Hiei/Botan for fun. Anyway, I hope you guys liked this, because it was way too sweet for me when I re-read this. Please Review.