Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Chapter 1-Murder! [Insert Dramatic Music] ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crimson Snow

Summary: …What can I say? I'm evil? Demented? A sadist? Yeah, that sums it up pretty well. Hatakana Kazuya (Kurama's stepfather) hates Kurama and shoves him off of a building. -^_^- How cheery. Does he die? Or do you even want to know? Remember: I'm EVIL!

Dear Readers,

One morning I woke up at SIX O NINE and was completely disgruntled. My sister had turned the hall light on and left it on when she left for school. The brilliant and blinding light streamed through the crack of my bedroom door and woke me up -It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to sleep when there is the tiniest light in my room. Since I couldn't sleep and was too lazy to turn the light off, I started daydreaming. That's when the idea for this fic came to mind.

Hiten

PS: If you hate the fic, blame my sister.

Please R & R A.S.A.P. (once again, I do *NOT* mean Read and Retaliate Against Some Alien Publication. I mean READ AND REVIEW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!)

Here we go!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

4:15:32 PM Christmas Eve

Kurama stood on the roof of one of Tokyo's many skyscrapers, looking down at the snowy world below. Most of the citizens were busy buying Christmas presents for their spouse and kin. This was the only time of year when all was serene and loving.

"Lovely," he commented as he saw a young couple stop to help an elder carry his groceries. "If only they were so benign all year long."

He closed his eyes and felt a cold breeze lift his hair off of the back of his neck. He shivered and let his mind wander. Yusuke was holding a Christmas party that very day. Hiei would be there, for the first time in months since Mukuro had taken him as head of guard.

Kurama smiled into the wind as a flurry of snow rushed to meet him. He opened his brilliant green eyes and peered at the sky. He smiled as his hair and dark black coat whipped about in the breeze.

It was then that he felt him. Hatakana Kazuya opened the door to the roof and silently walked towards the red head. Kurama turned to face his stepfather. Kazuya stopped for a moment surprised that Shuichi had noticed him, then started forward.

"Tou-san," Kurama said in greeting.

Without a word, Hatakana Kazuya lunged forward, his hands extended, and forcefully shoved Kurama off of the brim of the building.

"T-Tou-san!!" Kurama gasped as he fell backward, down into the snowy world below.

The world seemed to slow for Kurama as dropped. His ruby hair and the snow blew wildly and rapidly about his face as he plummeted downwards. Kurama could vaguely see his father's form at the edge of the building, glaring down at him.

A scream rose into the air as a young woman spotted him. Other screams were emitted, some he recognized as young girls in his school. One last scream rose, this one he matched as his own.

Then, he heard a THUD, the horrifying sound of dead weight that had once been a daily song played as demon after demon had been felled by his hands. More screams arose, a faraway sound. He could now only hear the sound of his heart beating, slowly in his chest. His you-ki had sustained him, but it was failing. He would soon die, he realized with shock. He felt the crimson liquid spill all around him, dyeing the white snow a ruby color.

"Crimson snow," he thought.

Flashbacks of the days before played inside Kurama's mind.

*Two days earlier*

"Shuiichi," Hatakana called in a low, dangerous voice.

"Hai, Tou-san?" Kurama asked and came into his room.

SMACK!! (For lack of better word)

Kurama reeled back in shock as his stepfather's hand connected with his face.

"Get out," Kazuya ordered.

Shocked, Kurama nodded and walked out.

*The next day*

Kurama lay sleeping on the couch, when a sudden pain in his head woke him. Kazuya was standing above him, a broken flower vase in his hand.

Blood seeped into Kurama's hair and ran into his eyes from a gash on the back of his head.

"Tou-san, what's gotten into you?" Kurama asked, his voice soft from the dizziness the wound had caused.

"Clean yourself up," Kazuya replied. "Don't let Shiori see you."

Kurama rose silently and shakily, and stumbled towards the bathroom.

"Is he drunk?" he asked himself as he gingerly touched the spot on his head.

*That morning*

Kurama tensed slightly as Kazuya entered his bedroom.

"Tou-san," Kurama started, "What has gotten into you there past couple of days?"

"You," he answered.

Kurama closed his book and stood. "I have done nothing to you, Tou-san."

"She loves you more," Kazuya said quietly.

"What?" Kurama asked, not sure if he had heard right.

"Your mother loves you more," Kazuya said a little louder. "She is always talking about you, never anything else. Her beloved son, dearest Shuiichi, the only man in her life."

"Tou-san-"

"I am NOT YOU'RE FATHER!!" Kazuya exploded. "My son, is Shuiichi Hatakana, NOT Shuiichi Minamino." [1]

Kurama stood in silence as Kazuya slapped him again and left the room.

***

"Who would've thought…that he would do something like this," Kurama thought as his breathing became more labored.

As his senses began to diminish, Kurama saw two men bend over him and check his pulse. One of them shook his head and patted Kurama's head softly. Sirens wailed, a distant sound, and then were gone. The men turned into a blur of white then faded. All that was left was black.

Darkness claimed him, and he knew no more.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well………That was awfully cheery wasn't it?? I've decided to make this a series fic. In the next chapter, Yusuke, Hiei and the rest of the gang will find out what happened. Botan will then take Kurama to heaven. I'm not bringing him back to life, but there's no way that I would send him to hell. I'm not THAT mean. …Or am I? *Grin*

[1] For those of you who don't know, Kurama's stepbrother is Shuiichi Hatakana.

o_0 ………….*twitch*………….*twitch*< /div>

………Don't ask `cuz I don't know.