Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Chapter 2-The Brother Finds Out (NO!! REALLY?!) ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SEVEN DAYS TILL MY BIRTHDAY!!! WHOOHOO!!

Crimson Snow Part Two

Summary: Chapter 2. Shuiichi (not Kurama, his stepbrother) discovers the truth behind his brother's death and tells his stepmother. Shiori doesn't like the fact that Hatakana murdered her son…How does she react? OOC!!! *VERY* OOC!! DARK!!! EE~~~~VII~~~LLLL!

A NOTE TO THE REVIEWER "A": That's YOUR opinion, not mine. Gay people are not disgusting they're cute! I can understand if you don't agree, but don't you DARE insult my ideas. That's REALLY rude! If it means anything, your ideas are racist and discriminative! JUDGE NOT, LEST YOU BE JUDGED!!

And if you want to bring God into this, let me tell you something; God said in the bible (I forgot the verse, so I'll have to get back to you on that) that even though he disapproved, one could chose to be gay. He said NOTHING about "abominations" or "gay people go to hell". He said ONLY that his disapproved. So LAY OFF YOU JERK!!

Dear Readers,

My idea for this chapter SUCKED! I called Lyn (the co-writer of Night Shaded Dream) to tell her about a choir/band parade we were in and she told me about her idea. HER IDEA ROCKED!! She dreamed this up, which is kinda scary, but it is SO much better than my plan. I changed her idea a little, but it still fits (I hope).

My compliments to Lyn on the fic, AND GOOD JOB ON YOUR CHOIR SOLO!!! Everyone must now clap for Lyn. …Are you clapping? WHAT ARE YOU SITTING AROUND FOR?? CLAP FOR HER!! …Thank you. *Readers and Hiten applaud the almighty "Two Front Teeth" singing Lyn* YEA LYN!!

Lady Hiten (who is still clapping for Lyn)

…You know what?? …It's raining…hard… Just thought you might like to know. ^_^0 …….Okay then, moving along.

My apologies, it's sort of fast-paced.

Chapter Two: BEGIN!!

***

Shuiichi Hatakana walked down the street in downtown Tokyo.

"Merry Christmas, Shuiichi!" some of his schoolmates called to him as he passed.

"Merry Christmas," he called back.

Shuiichi smiled as he passed a young couple helping an elderly man. `What a nice deed,' he thought. `Even if it is only because of the season.'

He reached his destination when a movement caught his attention. He glanced at the top of the building above him to see a figure clad in black with long, red hair.

"Nii-san?" he wondered aloud when he recognized the figure. "What's he doing up there?"

He shrugged it off, and walked closer to his store when a sudden chill came over him. He hesitated by the entrance to the card store, and was about to enter when he saw his brother wobble on the edge, and fall.

Shuiichi stood in shock. His body wouldn't move and his mind was blank. Then, when he heard his brother scream his own mouth opened and he screamed as well.

"NIIII-SAAN!!!"

With a sickening crack, his brother hit the snowy sidewalk.

"ANI-UE!!!" Shuiichi shrieked. (AN: Ani-ue is a respectful term for "older brother".)

He ran up to where his brother had landed and sobbed. Shuiichi…. His nii-san was starring blankly at the sky, his resplendent green eyes now dull. Blood seeped into the snow turning it crimson.

Paramedics arrived and checked over him swiftly.

"Is he going to be alright?" Shuiichi asked needlessly.

One of the paramedics rose and patted him softly on his head. "Gomen nasai," he said softly. "He is sinking towards death."

"Ani-ue," Shuiichi muttered softly. One of the paramedics asked him his and his brother's names and wrote them down. Shuiichi answered a few more questions and turned back to his brother. He looked down and gaped in shock as Kurama's eyes slid closed and his chest ceased moving.

The other paramedic took Kurama's pulse, and shook his head. "He's gone."

"ANI-UE!!" Shuiichi screamed.

He flung himself over the dead boy and squeezed him. "Ani-ue, ikenai."

More sirens wailed as police arrived to survey the scene. The crowd was asked questions, but out of sympathy, the police left Shuiichi alone. Eventually a paramedic pried Kurama out of Shuiichi's grasp and lifted him to his feet.

"Be strong," an officer said softly. "We're going to give you a ride home."

Shuiichi sobbed louder as they gently places Kurama inside a black bag, and zipped it up.

"Come on," the officer said and pulled him along to his car.

***

Shuiichi opened the front door and walked in slowly, his face downcast, eyes filled with tears.

"What's wrong, Shuiichi?" Shiori asked and ran up to him.

"Okaa-san….." Shuiichi muttered. Then he broke down and squeezed her tightly.

"Ma'am," the officer said and entered the house. "You are Shiori Minamino?"

"What happened?!" She asked and patted her younger son's head.

"You may want to sit down," he said quietly.

Shuiichi cried silently and clung to his stepmother as they sat on the couch. Shiori waited expectantly, giving the officer a solemn look.

"What happened?" she asked again.

"Ma'am," the officer said and sighed. He shook his head and began again. "Ma'am your son Shuiichi -the older Shuiichi- was in an accident earlier today at around four."

"Ikenai…Which hospital is he in?!" she asked fearfully.

"Ma'am he's…he's not in a hospital. Your son passed away this afternoon," the cop said and hung his head.

Shiori froze. "Passed…away?" she asked quietly -so quiet that she almost could not be heard.

"He's gone. He fell off the roof of an edifice downtown." The officer rose and handed her a card. "His body is intact -miraculously. This has the number of the morgue he is in. Funeral arrangements need to be made and you can call the people there if you need help."

"Gone," Shiori whispered.

"I'm sorry," the officer said softly. `I hate this part of the job,' he thought. `And it's right before Christmas!' "I need to leave ma'am, but you can call the police station if you wish to find out more details on his death. We will call you if we find anything out of the ordinary."

He rose and left quickly, eager to get home to his own family.

Shiori and Shuiichi cried themselves to sleep on the couch. Neither of them was awake when (A/N: when THE EVIL BASTARD FROM HELL WHO'S A COMPLETE SHIZAKOFF-) Hatakana Kazuya came home.

***

Shuiichi sat in the living room, starring at all of the pictures in the house. They lived in Shiori's house, and pictures of Kurama were everywhere.

Many of Kurama's school friends had stopped by to pay their respects. The infamous Yusuke Urameshi and Kazuma Kuwabara of Sarayasaki High had visited, both sobbing and praying for their best friend. One boy, who Shuiichi had never seen before, came over earliest and left last. He was short -the size of an elementary school kid- and was clad in all black save for a white bandana. He didn't cry, but the look on his face matched Shiori's: direful and dead.

Shiori sat on the floor near the shrine, starring at nothing. He face had no emotion, but tears were streaming heavily down her face. Whenever someone spoke to her she remained mute. She didn't eat, and hadn't slept much that night. She awoke to nightmares of Kurama falling off of a cliff, or some other high ledge.

Hatakana seemed to be coping best. He smiled at his wife and ushered words of comfort. He helped all of the mourners find a place to pray and helped them with their needs.

`He's taking it awfully lightly,' Shuiichi mused.

***

[In Reikai]

"Is that what happened," Koenma said softly.

"Can't we do something, Koenma-sama?" Botan asked, and sniffed.

"…I'm not sure, Botan," the demi-god answered. "I don't have the resources to bring him back to life."

"Couldn't we give him a chance to say goodbye?" Botan asked.

"Yes, but it will take a while," Koenma said. He smiled at the ghost in the back corner. "Can you wait a week?"

The ghost -who had been grieving his loved one's sorrows- smiled softly back at him and nodded.

***

One week passed after Kurama's death. Shiori still hadn't said a single word. Shuiichi tried to cope as best he could but he still cried five times daily for his brother's passing.

Hatakana was growing steadily worse with each day. He would become angry with Shuiichi and Shiori's sorrow, telling them to `get over it' because `there's nothing they could do'.

Shuiichi was appalled by his father's actions, blaming them on denial and grief. But if he was upset, Shuiichi wondered, then why did he seem so happy when he had first died?

*

The next night, after the day's mourners had left, Hatakana pulled on his coat and headed towards the door.

"Where are you going otou-san?" Shuiichi asked.

"I'm going out for a bit. I'll be back later," he said and slammed the door closed.

Shuiichi shrugged and went to his room to sleep.

*

(WARNING!! Drunk man talking like a redneck!!)

At midnight, he woke to hear the door slamming open.

"SHUIICHI!" his father called.

With a bad feeling, Shuiichi rose from his bed and left for the lower level of the house. He peered down the stair and saw his father waiting for him. A silly grin was on his face, and he was wavering on his feet.

He was drunk!

"Shuiichi me boy," Hatakana slurred. "Come `ere."

Carefully Shuiichi walked down the stairs and stood before his father. Hatakana brought his hand up quickly and backhanded him so hard that he stumbled back.

"What the hell…?" Shuiichi asked and rubbed his cheek.

"I need a new punchin' bag since ol' Shuiichi is gone," his father said and grabbed him by the neck.

Shuiichi's eyes widened at the comment. `Punching bag?!'

*FLASHBACK*

Kurama walked into the kitchen one morning while Shiori was making breakfast for everyone. Shuiichi was reading the morning comics from the newspaper when he heard his stepmother cry out.

"What happened Shuiichi-kun?!"

Shuiichi looked up at his older brother to see what his mother was talking about. There was a dark purple bruise on the side of Kurama's face.

"It's nothing mother," Kurama said and smiled. "I was reading while walking and walked into a door."

Shiori accepted his answer but continued to fuss over the bruise.

*END FLASHBACK*

"You've been beating him!!" Shuiichi exclaimed.

Hatakana kicked him in the gut and glared. "I's teaching him a lesson! He needed to know who's boss around here!"

Shuiichi coughed as the wind was knocked out of him and glared. "He didn't do anything wrong….ever!" he whispered.

"Shiori's always talkin' bout her son, `perfect and precious Shuiichi'. She was always talkin' bout him. Never `bout what we had, or us, no, no! Just him!" he said this with such malice that Shuiichi began to tremble. "Didn' spect him to see me, but he did. Turned around and spoke like he knew I's there all along. Then I went up to him, and looked at him. `What did I do to ya, father?' he asks me. So I tells him `she loves you more'. Confusion looks good on him. Never seen `im confused before. Then I saw him surprised -never saw him like that either- when I pushed him down."

Shuiichi froze.

When I pushed him down.

When I pushed him down.

Suddenly, he couldn't feel anything. He couldn't feel Hatakana's hand when it connected to the back of his head, nor the ground as it came to greet him. He could only hear those words.

When I pushed him down.

***

DEAR READERS,

Would you like me to write a chapter about Hiei and the gang's reactions when they find out? I was going to originally before Lyn gave me this idea, but I said I was going to but I don't know if you want me to. Please send me an email or tell me in a review.

Ja ne, minna!

Hiten

Hey people, guess what? I have a new policy;

If I don't get at least three POSOTIVE reviews on a new chapter or story I'M NOT FINISHING IT!!

It's fair. I don't care if it's one person reviewing three times or what but I want three reviews.

Since I've been flamed so much for this fic, I don't want to tell you what happens. Hmph!

That's right! I'm not gonna tell you what happenS in the next cHapter. It's a surprise. Or I could tell you and thusly Revolutionize the Industry of Kangaroo warfare. I do so prefer it if you wouLd Leave me a new review or Send me or HATAKANA an email.

(If you haven't figured it out by now, there's a secret message in the above paragraph.)