Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Chapter 3- The Tantei's Thoughts ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crimson Snow-Part Three

Dear Readers,

The last chapter sucked. I know this; you don't have to tell me. It was rushed, but I got my point across. I hope I do better on this chapter. I've received reviews asking me to write about Hiei and the gang's reactions. To you all I say, "Here it is!" I didn't write much on Yusuke and Kazuma's POV, and didn't write jack on the girl's POV's. Nonetheless, I hope you like it.

MILD YAOI WARNING! Don't like it? GET OVER IT, or stop reading; it's your call. Don't think I'm lying either and flame me for it. For those of you who haven't gotten my point across, THERE_____IS_____**SHOUNEN AI **_____IN_____THIS_____FIC!!!

Ja ne,

Lady Hiten

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[Yusuke's POV]

I lay on the floor in my apartment, sobbing hysterically as I received news of one of my greatest friend's death. I choke on my tears and scream, both mentally and physically.

Kurama was dead.

I couldn't believe it. I can't believe it! How could Kurama have died? He fell off a building? That doesn't sound right. How could the famous Youko Kurama, wielder of the plant weapons more deadly than my spirit gun, the most beautiful creature in the three worlds, die by falling off of a ningen building? He wouldn't have fallen! He has the grace and balance of a cat! It was possible!

It just didn't make sense!

And on Christmas Eve! On the day of my party, when Hiei would finally be back in Ningenkai! Why did he have to die?! Oh gods, why did he have to die!?

WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE?!!?

***

[Kazuma's POV]

Everyone is crying all around me.

Why can't I?

I'm in denial. I'm in shock. Nothing makes sense. Yukina is clinging to my arm. But why?

Kurama will walk in this room, right through those doors and tell me this was all a hoax! He will………..right?

A single tears slinks down my face, and ends my trauma. My shock is replaced by an enormous pain in my chest.

Kurama's dead.

Dead.

Dead?

How could he have died? Yusuke has been asking that question aloud for the past hour.

How could he have died? I always thought that if he died, he could come back right away as Youko, but I guess I was wrong.

I am still in denial though.

I keep thinking that he will walk through those doors. ……Any minute now.

***

[Botan/Koenma's POV (I got lazy, so I just combined the two. EXAMPLE: he/she wants a sandwich. See? Both words fit in the sentence. He wants a sandwich. She wants a sandwich. Get it? If not, I hope you catch on.)]

I knew.

I knew one of my greatest friends would die today.

I saw his papers. I made preparations for his soul. I/Botan ferried his soul to Koenma/me.

He asked for a chance to see his loved ones once again before his journey to paradise.

I/Koenma granted it.

I/Botan was so happy when Koenma/I granted the wish.

You should have seen Kurama's face light up.

But now, I have made an oath.

Never again, will I see another one of my friends die, and do nothing about it.

***

[The long awaited Hiei's point of view]

I feel dead.


Dead like him……….

No! He can't be!

Denial.

Am I in denial? Or am I correct?

It seems as though he is not dead.

I will not allow myself to accept that.

The stupid oaf has a stunned look on his face.

Why?

Has he not accepted it either?

But what's to accept……..if he's alive?

I think deep down, I have accepted it also. I just can't bear it right now!

I've been working for Mukuro for such a long time without seeing any of my friends. Now when I have the chance, my love dies.

Love? My love?

Gods I admit it!

I love him! Loved him…... No! I love him still!

It is not wrong for me to love him.

Demons commonly have homosexual relationships.

But how can I love him if he's dead?!

I want to kill something!

I want to kill Koenma, Botan, Yusuke, Karasu, Kazuma, EVERYONE HE KNEW!!

Most of all, I want to kill myself.

What's the point of living, if he's not here?

I'm alive only because of him.

He has saved me more times than I can count.

He has saved me from enemies, and myself.

While I had been digging my grave in numerous places, all of these years, he had been filling the holes I had dug.

Why then, after all he's done for me, was I not able to save him?

I am scum.

Worse than scum.

How could he ever forgive me?

I'm sure he could. He's always been able to forgive the most horrible things.

Still, my sense of longing and guilt are consuming me.

I went to his wake everyday that it was held.

His mother and I have tried to console each other, as we are in the same boat, so to speak; our most precious person is gone. You are gone, my fox.

I almost killed myself, one day at his wake, but then I felt it.

The feel of his ki, and his sweet scent of roses.

He's here!

I looked around, only to find the usual group of mourning worshipers of his from school.

His scent lingers, and I realize that he has yet to pass on.

"Why do you linger here?" I asked aloud, though soft enough so that only he would hear.

`I await my final goodbye,' he says back. `I will appear in one week, to the minute.'

I do not know how I heard him, but it gave me a comfort that nothing less of him coming back to life could do. I smiled for the first time since I found out.

With a goodbye to Shiori, I went to Yusuke's to share the news.

Now I wait anxiously for the day when he appears.

Until then, I must see to the stranger who has knocked on the door………….

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Who is the stranger at the door? You'll have to wait to find out. ~_^ This chapter is to all of you who sent a review requesting it. TA DA! I can do work when I have to!