Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed or Not ❯ 4: Indrana and 5: Salken ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
HEY PEOPLE! I’M BACK! It’s been a while since I updated, wrote, typed, whatever you want to say. So I will try and update most of them soon. Plus I have new stories, but I will wait to post those for some time, ok?


Chapter four: Indrana…


“OK Yoko. How high can you count?” asks my older sister.
“To ten. I’m five now.” I answer as I hold up four fingers. She chuckles as she fixes my fingers to five.
“That’s five fingers.”
“Oh… Okay.” I say as I look at my hand.
“Count them off now.” Says Indrana. I hold my hands up and start to count.
“One… Two… Three… Four… Five……Six….Seven…Eight…nine…”
“Why did you stop Yoko?” Indrana asks me.
“Salken and Kenson. They were talking one night, long ago.” I answer.
“They do that.” She points out. “Now please finish.”
“They said that I be ‘sacrificed’ at nine.” I say slowly “What ‘sacrificed’?”
“It’s where they kill someone or something.” She tells me.
“Me die at nine?” I ask, horrified.
“I won’t lie to you Yoko. Yes, most likely.”
“What I done?”
“Nothing, you did nothing wrong.” She says. “Lets finish counting.”
“ Okay!” I tell her. “TEN!”
“Right, ten.” She holds up her ten fingers too.
I hold up eight fingers “This how old Kenson is?”
“Yes, almost nine.”
I hold up ten fingers. “This how old you are?”
“Yes.”
I look at my fingers in confusion. “I have no more fingers. How I makes Salken’s age?”
“his 13” she takes my ten fingers and three of hers “that’s 13.”
“OH” I look at them and nod. “How you write the numbers?”
She takes out a book and writes down the numbers on through ten. “Copy each then times.”
I nod and bend over my work. The numbers where harder then I’d have thought them to be. I’d been working for some time when Indrana checked on me.
“How are you doing Yoko?”
“I did six of each.”
“That’s enough then. Why don’t you go out and play?”
“OK!” I jumped up and head out the back entrance. As I leave I hear my papa come into the den. I turn to go back inside when I’m grabbed from behind. As I go to scream a hand covers my mouth.
“Its me” comes Kenson’s voice. He releases me and I turn to look at my brother. “Fallow me.” I nod and fallow my brother. Once we were into the forest he turned back to me. “Lets play hide-and-seek”
I nod in agreement and go hide. I claim a tree about 40 yards from him. I stay quite as I can and wait for Kenson to find me.
“I’m coming now Yoko!” Kenson yells from about 5 yards away. He walks under the tree and keeps going. I could hear him as he goes farther into the forest. He went about a half a mile before turning back. On his third trip under my tree he falls and curses. I start to laugh and fall out of the tree. Kenson jumps up off the ground and catches me. “Be more careful Yoko.” He tells me as he breaks out into laughter. After sometime we get ourselves under control. “Lets go home, this took longer then I expected and I told Indrana we’d be home before sundown.”
I look up at the sky and see that the sun has almost set. I nod and Kenson puts me down. I grab his hand and the two of us head home. And as an after thought, I wander what would have happened if Kenson hadn’t caught me. And also what would happen when the sacrifice happened.



(I’m being nice, or lazy and giving you two chapters instead of one!)

Chapter 5: Salken

“Yoko, you want to come with me?” Salken calls.
“Okay” I call back. I jump out of the tree and fallow him. Salken takes my hand and tells me to stay close. “Salken, when you gonna find a girl?”
“Where did that come from?” he asks me.
“Your almost 15, so why aren’t you looking for a mate?” I asked as I look up at him.
“That’s none of you business Yoko. Your six years old.” He says with a shaky voice.
“Almost seven!” I pointed out.
“You don’t turn seven for another two whole sessions.” He remarks as I pull my hand out of his.
“Me almost seven!” I say as I stomp my foot.
“Alright Yoko. If that’s what you say.” He chuckles “keep up or you can go back home.”
“Where are we going?” I ask as I catch up with him.
“We’re going to get the seeds for spring crops.” He answers. My face lights up and I know he was watching. “Say ‘thank you Salken’.”
“Thank you Salken” I mimicked as I gave him a smile. From there on we walked in silence. As we walked I saw a flash of light off to my left. I look to see a five year old girl with silver hair, playing with a group of other kids. My curiosity gets the better of me and I stop and watch. I hear Salken stop and turn around to see where I was.
“Yoko, what are you doing?”
“That girl is playing with them, why wont they play with me?” I ask as I point to the silver haired girl. Salken looks at her then back at me, sadly. He bends down and looks me in the eye, and I can tell his trying to figure out what to do. He lets out a sigh and looks away.
“Yoko, what color eyes does she have?” he asks me. I look at him confused and he just keeps looking away. I look over at the girl again.
“Blue.” I answer in a sure voice.
“What color do you have?”
I wasn’t sure where this conversation was going but I decided to humor him. “Gold.”
“Right. Now do you think she was born with blue eyes?” Salken asked as he looked at me, and I nod my head. “What color were you eyes?”
“Gold. Mama says that makes me special.” I told him proudly.
“That’s why.” He tells me. I give him a confused look and he lets out a sigh. “You were born with gold eyes.”
“But the twins do to.” I said, referring to my new twin sisters.
“They don’t have silver hair.” He reminds me.
“So, if I had different colored hair or eyes they’d play with me too?”
“Yes, then they’d play with you.” He assures me. “Let’s go get the seeds. Okay Yoko?”
I nod and fallow my brother, wondering why it mattered what color hair or eyes someone has and I wanted to know.
“Salken, why does it matter?”
“What are you talking about?”
“Why does it matter what someone looks like?”
“It doesn’t, people just make it matter.” He answers, as he heads into the storage area.
“Okay” I say slowly and I can tell that Salken knew that I don’t understand why.
“You don’t understand and I don’t know how to explain. Real great brother, huh?” Salken asks. I laugh and many kitsunes look towards me. Salken takes my hand and heads towards the counter to pick up the prepaid seeds.
“Here you go Salken.” Says the man in charge.
“Thanks” he takes them and puts them into his pocket. “Let’s go Yoko”
I nod and let him lead me towards the exit of the storage house.
“Salken” calls the man in charge. Salken stops and turns around towards him. “never bring that thing in here again.”
Salken didn’t say anything; he just tightened his hold on my hand and pulled me out of the storage area. As we walked home I stayed quite, seeing the angry look on Salken’s face. ‘Why were they staring at me? Why didn’t they look happy to see me? What did that man mean by ‘never bring that thing in here again’? What thing?’ I wanted to ask all this.
“What was that Yoko?” asks Salken. I look up at him in confusion and realize I’d said the last question out loud.
“Nothing.” I muttered.
“It’s not nothing. What was it you wanted to know?”
“I asked ‘what thing’?” I answer quietly.
“You mean what the man back there was talking about?” he asks me. I look down and nod, felling like I’d done something wrong. Salken stops and let’s go of my hand. He punches the wall and I take a step back. His stats to curse and I’m sure I’m in trouble. He looks back at me and gives me a sorrowful look. “I’m not mad at you, Yoko. I promise.” Salken says as he hugs me. “Just made that he called you a ‘thing’ and didn’t even bother him.”
“Why doesn’t he like me?” I ask Salken hopping to get an answer.
“Do you remember the conversation we had before we went in there?” he asked and I nod with a smile “That’s why.”
“Oh.” I say. I look at Salken and smile. “Let’s go home.” Salken chuckles and nods his head.