Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Dear God, Please Save My Soul. (A Yu Yu Hakusho Story) ❯ In Which My Journey Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I was just walking down the street of one of the shopping districts in my own little world, and I was having the time of my life! There were more stores than I had seen in my entire life just in this one district! Not to mention all the little coffee shops and resturants! Anyways it was safe to say that I was a very happy camper at the moment. My stomach made a grumbling noise and I giggled.
 
"Time for me to get some yummy food!" I said. I was just about to turn to cross the street so that I could go to a little cafe when I heard someone talking to me, at least i think she was talking to me...
 
"Come child," A woman said. She looked like she was about 45, but was still pretty. I stopped and looked around then at the woman. "Have your destiny and your future read." She added.
 
"Who, me?" I asked in Italian.
 
That's right, we're speaking Italian, why? Well because I'm in Italy of course! It the home of my ancestors, So far my family and I have seen the sites, gone to the recomonded places, visited an amusement park, and eaten the food. All that was left was for me to go shopping. Anyways back to my current predicament.
 
The woman nodded with a smile, "Yes child, you." she said.
 
I thought about it for a moment then smiled as well and stepped over to the gypsy woman. "Alright, may I take a picture of you first? My friends back home would home love your outfit." I said.
 
The woman smiled and allowed me to get a picture with her. She lead me into her little shop and sat me down so that I could, as she put it, have my "destiny and future read'. Man, I hope it's nothing bad. A different, older, woman sat down across from me and asked to see my palms. I did what I asked after adjusting my purse shoulder strap to I could reach easier.
 
After a few moments the old woman let my hands go and sat back. I placed my hands in my lap and rubbed them togather, I was starting to get a wierd feeling.
 
"Well child, you are the one." the old woman said.
 
My eyes bugged out, "What do you mean 'I'm the one'?!" I asked alarmed and confused.
 
"Do not be alarmed my dear. Fallow my daughter and she will explain." The old woman said kindly. Hesitantly i got up and fallowed the younger of the two women further into the store.
 
I stopped when the gypsy woman did, she went over to what seemed to be a closet and pulled out a few things before turning to face me with a kind smile.
 
"You are meant for more than this world can offer." She said placing the things she was holding into what seemed to be a brown leather bag about the size of my purse with an over the shoulder strap. Actually it looked exactly like my purse accept for the fact that it was brown and looked more well used where my purse was light blue and almost brand new looking.
 
"Wait, what? What are you talking about?!" I asked. I was curious, but I was really starting to be freaked out.
 
"You will find out once you reach your destination." She replied handing me the bag as well as a letter.
 
"My destination!? Wait, what about my family! What about my friends back home, my school, my little sister, my dog?! I can't leave!" I exclaimed taking the bag.
 
"Trust your instincts and you will be alright. You have all the answers, you just need to find them." She said while ushering me to a door. "Any and all tools you may need are in that bag. All you have to do is reach in and want what ever you may need." She explained then opened the door to reveal darkness.
 
"Oh no, I am not going in there!" I exclaimmed.
 
The woman smiled and made a beconing motion with her hand, I suddenly was moving against my will. As I got closer to the door it turned from a black dark void to a swirling blue and white space.
 
"God help meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!" I cried in english as I went through the portal.
 
My name is Catarina, and I am about to go on the journey of a life time in a completely different dimension.
 
Dear god, if you can hear me, please save my poor soul.