Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Dear God, Please Save My Soul. (A Yu Yu Hakusho Story) ❯ In Which I Get A Cat ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't exactly know what happened to me. I mean one moment I'm having my palms read by this gypsy lady and the next I'm being sent through some wierd door way to a completely different place.
 
Don't look at me like I'm crazy! It's true! I, Catarina Lyin Verdiana , am going though a truamtic time in my life! I mean how many teenagers do you know that have been forced into a different place by gypsies!? HM? That's what I thought. But back to what's happening right now.
 
I was now floating in this blue and white swirling void, I had stopped falling a few minuets ago. Sadly as soon as I stopped falling and started floating I found that I couldn't move. How boring, and my nose itched!
 
You know how in some cartoons that involve video games it has an injured character, usually a female, floating in mid air with her back kind of arched and her head tilted back and her arms just hanging limply? Yeah, that's kinda what I was like, my eyes were even closed like I was sleeping.
 
Even though I couldn't move my body, I could move my mouth and speak. So what did i do? I sang. What else could I do while I was just floating there?
 
"Little bunny Fufu hoppin through the forest, pickin up the field mice and boppin 'em on the head. Then one day the good fairy said.... Little bunny Fufu I don' wanna see you pickin up the field mice and boppin 'em on the head. I'll give you three chances to make your self a batter person." I sang. I paused, when nothing happened I mentally shrugged and went on with the song. "So the next dayyyyyy... Little bunny Fufu hoppin through the forest pickin up the feild mice and slicing off their heads. then one day the good fairy saiiiiid, little bunny Fufu I don't wanna see you picking up the fiild mice and cutting off their heads. I'll give you two chances to make your self a better person." I sang. I sighed bored with the song now.
 
So, I chose a new song to sing. This one was from one of my mom's favorite music artists, so of course I'd try to do this song justice. "Maybe life is curious to see what you would do with the gift of being left alive. How love, how give, spread the higher purpose and cut through all the shuck and jive. It's only natural, maybe superstitious to try and find the meaning in beating the odds, cause sometimes you gotta (get down on your knees) Sometime (could you get down on your knees) Sometimes baby (maybe get down on your knees)
And thank the whole wide universe of God's for letting you…" I stopped abruptly because I was starting to hear voices.
 
"W-who is there?" I asked a little freaked out. I suddenly felt that I could move again and moved so that I was floating standing up. Some floating orbs of light appeared and I heard more talking, though I couldn't hear what they were saying.
 
"What's going on?! What do you want from me?!" I asked becoming more and more freaked out every moment.
 
"You don't need to be afraid young one." I heard a person say. The voice was definatly male, and it was stronger than the other voices I was hearing.
 
"Who is it?! Where are you?" I asked frantically while spinning around trying to find the source.
 
"Did the gypsies send you here, little lady?" The voice asked.
 
I turned around once more and saw that I was facing what seemed to be a ghost of a man who looked in his late thirties.I couldn't tell his features very well but I knew that he was different from the other orbs that were around me.
 
"Y-yes." I said shakily with a hesitant nod.
 
The man smiled and his form cleared some so that I could see him better. He seemed to have green eyes and brown hair that was gathered in a small pony tail at the base of his neck.
 
"What is your name?" He asked. I hesitated, I didn't want to give just any random ghost my name. "We won't harm you here I ask because if the gypsies did send you I need to know so that I can help." He said.
 
I shifted a little before deciding to trust him, "It's Catarina." I said.
 
"I see. Where are you from Catarina?"
 
"Well I was sent here from Italy, but my home is in the United States." I said slowly. The man nodded and looked around, the whispering voices got louder and I put my hands over my ears to block to out, or at least try to.
 
"Can you please get them to stop?" I asked.
 
The man seemed to smirk at the question, "So you can hear them." He said. "That's good." He held one hand up and the voices stopped. I sighed and dropped my hands.
 
"Uh, right, So how do I get home?" I asked.
 
A few of the light orbs came closer and surrounded me in a circle at my feet, though I did not notice. "For now, Catarina, you do not. There will be a time when you will have the choice of returning though." He said. When he looked at my feet I did as well and saw the orbs. "You may begin." The man said calmly.
 
I stared at the orbs as they started spinning in a circle at my feet. As they rose higher more orbs joined. I was so transfixed by them that I didn't say anything till they were as high as my waist and was started getting a strange feeling in my body. I looked up my eyes wide as I looked around me. I only have enough room to move in a circle where I was standing.
 
"What's going on?!" I asked frightened. The orbs contiuned to rise and more orbs joined in this strange circle around me. As they got closer to my face I could feel a slight breeze, my hair also started floating on it's own. I thanked the heavens that I was in jeans and not a skirt.
 
"You are getting their power, do not worry, it will not harm you in any way once you are at your destination." The man said.
 
"I don't want this! I just want to go home!" I cried.
 
After the orbs were over my head and around me like a spinning curtain I began to feel even stranger. My breathing became heavy from the pressure that was building up, and the orbs spun even faster than before making me dizzy. I felt like I could pass out at any moment. I barely heard the man recite what seemed to be a spell. Suddenly all the orbs that had surrounded me seemingly disapeared and I stumbled foward. The only things left was me, the man and one little orb of light.
 
"What happened?" I gasped out.
 
"You have recieved the power that the coven has offered you and you may contiune on." He said. The orb of light in his hand turned into a little cat and jumped onto my shoulder purring.
 
"I am Venessa, I will be helping you control that power and other things like that." The cat purred.
 
I was too shocked to say anything. Before I could recover the man wished me good luck and I was falling again, this time I had some strange power and a talking cat with me.
 
"Not agiaaaaaaaaaaaannn!!" I cried as Vanessa and I fell.