Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Dear God, Please Save My Soul. (A Yu Yu Hakusho Story) ❯ In Which I Wake up in My New Home ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You know what? Falling through swirling portals of doom isn't at all fun. I mean some people might like it, if they like base jumping with out a parachute. I don't like it though, I seriously want to puke... And I'm still hungry from before I left!!
 
Anyways, I don't know how I got into a house, but when I woke up I was lying on a bed in a room in a house that had a little shop on the first floor. I groaned and sat up.
 
"Where am I?" I asked grogily.
 
Vanessa jumped onto my lap, "You are in your new home Catarina. Every thing's already perpared for you." She responded.
 
"Hu?" I asked really confused. I groaned again and flopped back down on the bed. "So this is where I'll be living?" I asked staring at the ceiling.
 
"Yes, oh I have a question." Vanessa said.
 
"What?" I asked.
 
"Do you speak Japanese?"
 
I shot up into a sitting position, "Che cosa (what)?! Are you kidding me?!" I screamed.
 
"I'll take that as a no." Vanessa said with a sigh. "No bother though if you can understand me you'll be fine." The cat added.
 
I got out of the bed I was in grumbling. I walked over to where my purse was and stared blankly at it and the bag the gypsy had given me before she sent me off.
 
"Dan gypsies." I muttered darkly.
 
"Catarina, I don't wanna hear that kind of talking out of you young lady." I heard my mother's voice say and froze.
 
"Mommy?" I squeaked.
 
"It's not your real mother. I've set up a few spells around the house and the shop down stairs. She's a very complex illusion that's based your memory of her. " Vanessa said.
 
I blinked, "So I wasn't dreaming. Dam." I said with a sigh.
 
"Catarina! what did I just tell you?!" My mother's voice called again.
 
I ignored it since it wasn't really my mom. "You may want to answer her. She is as real as you are."
 
I sighed again and opened up the brown bag that I was given. I turned it upside down to see what would fall out. Much to my suprise it was a bunch of clothes. My jaw dropped and I gave the bag a shake to see what else would come out and land on my new bed. a laptop fell out of the bag and I let out a suprised squeak.
 
"Hmm, it seems that the gypsies really like you." Vanessa said mildly while jumping off the bed and walking over to the half closed door then out of my room.
 
"Catarina, why aren't you dressed for school?" I heard my mother demand. I turned around and my jaw dropped even further down. Standing in my door way was an exact replica of my mother.
 
She had blond hair kind of like mine only cut short, and brown eyes instead of blue ones. She was tall, about 5' 9", and had a very curvy figure and she was well rounded also, meaning she wasn't stick thin.
 
"Mommy?" I asked.
 
"Yes, last time I checked that's who I was." My mother retorted. Dam, that cat did a really good job, she even got my mom's smart-ass attiude. "Are you just going to stand there staring at me all day dear, or will you get dressed for school?" She asked.
 
I twitched, I know I did, "School?" I asked half whining.
 
"Yes school, you know, where you learn? Now get your rear in gear young lady. You're not going to be late on your first day." She replied before walking off to now who knows what.
 
I blinked a few times and shook my head, I walked over to my closet to see what was in there and much to my suprise it was full of uniforms! "What the hell are these?" I asked my self pulling one of them out.
 
"They're your school uniform, you passed out for a week once we arrived so I took the liberity of having your mother enroll you into a local high school." Vanessa said coming back into my room.
 
"Have you seen these!? Look at it! I can't wear this!?" I exclaimed shaking the hanger with the uniform on it at her.
 
"Why not?" Vanessa asked.
 
"It's, it's, it's horrid!" I screamed.
 
"Stop screaming Catarina. You're going to be late!" My mom called.
 
"Yes mom!" I replied automatically. I sighed again and trudged off to the bath room that was just down the hall muttering. I came out five minuets later not happy. "Just call me Sailor freaking Moon." I grumbled.
 
I grabbed my purse and went down stairs. My mom handed me a bagle and a school brief case like the kids in those japanese cartoons carried then ushered me out the door.
 
"I hate this place already." I grumbled.
 
So that's my first day awake in my "destination". I still don't know where exactly I am, what I'm there for, or anything else but I wanna go home still. Though my curiousity is starting to get the better of me. I just home nothing bad happens to me in the mean time.