Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Dear God, Please Save My Soul. (A Yu Yu Hakusho Story) ❯ In Which it's Been a Month and I'm Still Not Home ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One month. It's now been one month since I've come to this strange dimension that's almost like home. Granted at home I'd be in AMERICA and not JAPAN! That's not my point though. This place had just about everything my old home had, accept for Ipods. Thank god I have mine, though I can't listen to it when I'm out in the town but it's not that big a deal.
 
I still don't know what the gypsies meant hen they said I was "the one" but I do know what happened to me when the mystery man had the orbs of light swirl around me. You wanna know what happened? Alright I'll tell you, just don't look at me like I'm crazy
 
They gave me magical powers!
 
... ... Hey! I said don't look at me like I'm crazy! It's true, they did! Vanessa's helping me learn to use them. I'm like a real live witch.
 
Anyways the past month has been uneventful, I go to school, come home, change out of the uniform from hell into jeans and a top then go work in my little magic shop, then I make dinner, do my homework, and go to bed. On weekends I get to hang out, work at the store a little and pratice.
 
I know, tons of fun.
 
Anyways, since today is a weekend I am currently working at the little magic shop that I lived above. My current costumer? An bimbo air headed high school girl who wanted a love, luck, and beauty potion.
 
"Look, you do realise that these may not work in the way you want them to, right?" I asked.
 
"Are you saying that these don't do anything?" She demanded in a snobbish way.
 
I drew my self up to my full height, 5 ft. 10 in, which made me a very tall, well built, and offended american girl. If there was one thing I could do, it was make a stupid little potion.
 
"You know what? If you want these go ahead and buy them, but don't come crying to me what the boy who's supposed to get the love potion and fall for you falls in love with some other chick." I sneered as I finished ringing up her things. After she payed and left I sighed and leaned back on the counter, Vanessa jumped up onto it and sat down watching me mildly.
 
"Well that was mild." She said lightly.
 
"Well I didn't like her anyways." I grumbled. I pet Vanessa's fur as four boys walked into the shop. Vanessa's fur bristled and I could have sworn I heard something between a growl and a hiss come from her.
 
"What's your problem?" I asked her quietly. She didn't respond, but she did jump off the counter and run upstairs. I blinked and my head fallowed her till she was out of sight.
 
"Hey, can I ask you something?" I heard someone ask me rudely.
 
"Only if you're not rude." I retorted tartly.
 
The boy was in a green uniform and had black hair with enough hair gel in it to grease every door on the block it seemed. His chocolate brown eyes rolled cockily as he pulled his hands out of his pockets.
 
"You sell magic books here right?" He asked.
 
I rolled my own eyes and leaned on the coulter, "No, that's just wall paper over there." I said pointing to a wall filled with magic books where a carrot top boy was looking.
 
"Soooooo, are there any spells that could harm someone in there?" He asked.
 
I blinked, *What is he getting at?* I thought. "Any spell can harm a person if it's not done correctly." I replied uncertianlly.
 
The red head, and when I say red head I mean red head his hair was about the color of a fire truck, moved closer to the counter where the green jumpsuit kid and I were.
 
The said kid in the green rolled his eyes, "I mean any death magic. You know stuff that could be used correctly and still hurt someone." He said bluntly. My eyes went wide, I didn't see two of the boy's friends glare at him nor did I see the red head wince.
 
"D-death magic?" I squeaked taking a step back from the counter and the boy on the other side of it.
 
"Is that a yes?" He asked. I swear to god my heart stopped for a moment, this boy couldn't be any older than I was and he was asking about death magic?! What is wrong with this world?!
 
"Excuse me miss." The red head said catching my attention after giving the boy I was previously speaking to a look.
 
"Y-yes?" I asked kinda happy for the distraction.
 
"I have exams coming up soon in school, would you mind helping me find a luck charm that would help me get better scores?" He asked.
 
"Sure, I take it that you study as well. If you don't then no charm will help you no matter how strong it is." I said. I could have sworn I heard the green jumpsuit kid snort when the red head asked his question but I ignored it.
 
"Yes, I do." The red head told me with a chuckle. "My scored just aren't as good I I wish they were." He admitted sounding sheepish.
 
I thought he was lying.
 
"Well these charms help in school." I said showing him to where he wanted to be. "There's different strenghs of the charm.So depending on how well you want it to work will depend on which one of these," I tapped three boxes right next to each other lightly with my finger.