Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Decision ❯ Decision ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Togashi
A/N: A Christmas gift for aedictus.
 
Decision
by darlingfox
 
 
“Koenma-sama?”
 
Koenma doesn't need to look up to know who it is and he would know it even without the words. The heavy hand on his shoulder is as familiar as his own face and much more comforting. During their centuries together Koenma has become attached to the oni - Jorge, of course Koenma knows his name -, however annoying he can be, because he has given Koenma what his father never did. Attention, scolding, an ability to feel shame. Appreciation and moments Koenma looks back with a smile. And the closest thing to a friendship that Koenma has ever had.
 
“Sir?”
 
But there is always that. A little word that creates a gap wider than they can ever hope to cross. Koenma wonders if that's another reason he will do this. If they can never be friends, it just could be better to add the distance between them. Then, sitting on his father's, his, throne, Koenma wouldn't have to worry whether Jorge will be disappointed or not because why would he matter? Deep inside his heart, however, Koenma knows this isn't true. There are other reasons and getting rid of Jorge isn't and won't be one of them.
 
“Sir, what are you going to do?”
 
What else could he do? He will try to take his father's position, to be King Enma in King Enma's place. To prevent his father from doing other horrible decisions, to save the worlds and lives that could be otherwise lost. To began a new era, to turn a new leaf of the great book and to make the future his and better. Perhaps to gain the honest respect of his Reikai Tantei and see the pride on Jorge's face.
 
“The right thing.”

The End.