Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Demonic Circus ❯ Ring Leader's New Exibit ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TITLE: Demonic Circus
DATE STARTED: 1/14/06
RATING: T(swearing, mature content)
PAIRINGS: Not really out in the open, some Jin/Touya, Kurama/Hiei; Yes, this does have some slight Shounen ai. Not really noticeable. Don't like, then don't read!
 
 
A/N: I was just laying in bed thinking about Gundam Wing, mainly Trowa Barton (dude, I have such weird tastes) and I thought dude! Circus! Cool! So, I just got bored, and while I'm stuck on my other projects, I thought I could write these ideas down before I forget them. Short term memory! So here it is, the Prologue to Demonic Circus!
 
~*~
 
“For hundreds of years, I have prided myself in capturing the most exquisite creatures for my displays, however, I have been unable to attract people to my attraction! The exhibit is old. These gods are no longer appealing. They are the same thing we have used. We must find something better, something that would make people fight over the subjects…” A balding man sat down, his beady eyes glancing around at his three aids. His skin was pale green, and fangs stuck out over his bottom lip. He wore a red coat with long tails and a black vest under that and a white shirt even under that, a frill up at his neck. He wore black dress slacks, and loafers.
 
A woman giggled in excitement. “I've heard some curious rumors about Reikai's large group of Tantei. I've even heard a rumor about the Great Thief Youko working off his debt. Profits would go through the roof if we managed to get a fair amount of those demons.” She flicked her blonde hair over her shoulder, green eyes taking hold of the apparent leader of the attractions they were discussing. Her skin was very white, making her ruby red lips contrast heavily with her complexion.
 
“Ring Leader, allow us to go and retrieve these demons for you. They would be perfect!” said a young man with white hair. He looked to be a child, but the Ring Leader was not easily fooled, this child was much more than that. His big blue eyes stuck out in the dark. His skin was a gray-blue, fangs sticking out over his bottom lip as well. His human clothing was well done, a white, long-sleeve shirt and a pair of faded jeans, and a pair of sneakers completed his outfit.
 
The woman snorted. “Sasuke, listen up. You may know how to fight, but Reikai Tantei are in a league of their own. You wouldn't stand a chance against the humans that work for Enma Daiou!” her voice was shrill. She wore a low-cut top and a short skirt, slippers on her feet. She wore lots of jewelry, so everyone knew it was her coming to do an act, or to torture them some more with her annoying laugh.
 
“Shut up, Kijo. I don't need anything from you. I am not a child. I'm stronger than you and everyone knows it.” Sasuke snapped.
 
“Children, now please.” Came their third partner's voice. He was an old man, his voice showed his frailty. He wore a simple purple robe with a bowl cap on his head. His silver hair and beard went well past his chest, which was just barely visible over the table. He sat, hunched over, all knowing, gray eyes looking between the two before turning to the Ring Leader. “My grandchildren are safe from your sick little game?”
 
“Of course, Tachido,” said Ring Leader, giving a hungry glance to Sasuke who flinched.
 
Tachido either ignored it or didn't see it and continued. “We can help you get your subjects. But you are not to come near Sasuke, or Kijo. That is all I ask of you.”
 
“Well, we will be working together.”
 
“If I hear you have harmed Sasuke again, you will regret it. Come. We should get to work.” Sasuke gave a terrified glimpse at the sight of Ring Leader's angry look before aiding his grandfather from the room. Kijo shot a look of pure disgust at him before following her brother and grandfather to set out on their mission.
 
“Sasuke's power is very great, and it is mine to control, old man. Tachido, you had better watch it. Can you protect them forever?”
 
~*~
 
“Grandfather, I asked you not to say something.” Sasuke muttered, a faint blush across his pale cheeks. He pushed his grandfather's hovering chair down the manufactured hallway.
 
“Nonsense boy. I am glad you came to me. He should not taint an innocent like you, child. You are much too valuable for that.” Said the old man, a dark smirk crossing his lined face.
 
Sasuke nodded. “Yes, sir.” He wouldn't show is anger at his grandfather's meaning yet. When he was alone he would vent his frustrations. His face remained passive, yet he was ready to boil over. All anyone wanted from him was to control his power, his power over time and dimensions, believed to be received from his mother.
 
They were a small family of mercenaries for hire, and did whatever job that had to be done to get by. His sister even babysat for Yomi's little Shura, while he went off on an important lead.
 
That was their life, to move around, doing whatever they could to get by. Somehow, he knew that their grandfather was hiding what he did with the jewels and money they had been rewarded with after their jobs. It seemed to go by too quick for what they used it for. He promised himself that he would make life better for them. He would show them that he was more than just a stupid power.
 
Kijo rubbed a thin hand over his slender shoulder. “It's all right. Grandfather was worried for you. We really care about you Sasuke, and I would want to know if someone was hurting my brother. Although you seem to get it everywhere you go.”
 
It was true. Wherever they went, there was someone out to take him as their own. He wasn't as young as he looked, but he wasn't as fragile as he looked either. He was very slim, and muscles lean. His form was very childlike and in the Makai, that meant a lot of trouble. Demons would give their limbs to touch a child who they believed was defenseless. He shuddered. He hated having to hide in his sister or grandfather's shadows for protection. It made him feel weak, inferior, and defenseless.
 
“Sasuke. You'll go to Ningenkai for me.” Said their grandfather, breaking him from his thoughts. “I need you to do some scouting. Kijo will stay with me and help me with my treatments. Track down a group of demons, and bring something back to present to Ring Leader.” He coughed harshly into his wrinkled hands, a red substance alerting both to his condition.
“Grandfather, you skipped your last treatment, didn't you?!” Sasuke said in a panic. Their grandfather was very sick. His body was destroying itself, from the inside out. They injected treatments into his body to stop the process, but it wouldn't work properly if he kept skipping treatments.
 
“I was up with you all night, Sasuke. I would not leave your side until I knew you were back asleep.” He gave him a weak smile. “I didn't want you frightened anymore than you were.”
 
“It…was my fault?”
 
“No, no, dear boy. I ignored my health. Now come. I should get my treatment done.”
 
Kijo nodded. “Sasuke, get some rest. You can start tomorrow. And I will put some enchantments on your door so Ring Leader doesn't disturb you tonight.”
 
Sasuke gave his sister and grandfather a weak yes and left for his room. He felt alone and scared, and would be crushed if his grandfather were to die. The most of their earnings went towards his treatments which the `Beautiful' Suzuka supplied. However, the condition was worsening and soon, Suzuka's treatments weren't going to be enough.
 
He shuffled to his room, and closed the door, locking the several locks that he had put on himself to keep his privacy and threw himself upon the feather bed in the corner. Tonight, he would have restless dreams…