Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Does anyone have suggestions? ❯ Sudden News ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dc: I don't own YYH except for anything that isn't a part of it. Please enjoy!
 
Sudden News
 
“Hiei, what brings you to my office?” Mukuro asked him as he stepped from the portal. “And without notification?”
“ I need you to do a medical check up.”
“And why do you need one? You seem perfectly healthy as far as I remember.”
“Mukuro, I don't ask you for anything but please just do it.” She was shocked as much as Koenma was to hear her first officer-in-command ask for something.
Something must be wrong for him to beg. She thought to herself.
“Fine Hiei, you win. Follow me.” She led him to a room that resembled a doctor's office in Ningenkai. Hiei was wondering why she would have something resemble anything of human creations. I know she hates humans let alone their work and man made creations. She told him to sit on the bed where patients would sit for their appointments(1).
“Mukuro why do you have this room look like something from Ningenkai if you hate it so much?”
“Well, despite the fact that I think they're stupid beings their medical technology is nothing to compare over here in Makai.”
“So when did you learn to play doctor?”
“I have a friend who lived in Ningenkai and studied to be a doctor. She brought her knowledge back here to show the demon doctors new ways of medications etc.” She started to do the usual check up like you would in the human world. Mukuro told him to stick out his tongue and he did it. She asked him to open one eye and close one eye, and he did it. He seems like a trained puppy. This isn't what I expected from him. It usually takes three tries to make him do anything. Lastly she checked his heart beats. Mukuro grabbed the stethoscope and told him to breathe in and out. He did as he was told. While he was breathing she raised her eyebrow a bit. She asked him to do it one more time. Again she raised her eyebrow. Mukuro stood up and sat back in her chair. Hiei looked at her with a puzzled look.
“What?” He asked. She looked at him then closed her eyes for a moment. Then she stood up again.
“I'm going to get someone. Don't worry she is the doctor I told you about. Stay here, I won't be gone long.” As she said that she left the room.
Three minutes later Mukuro came back and another woman came in with her. Hiei started looking over her. Well, she seems almost as tall as Kurama, has purple hair and gray eyes. She seems trustworthy but I can't be sure. The woman looked back at him and laughed a little.
“Mukuro, your friend doesn't seem to trust me one bit!”
“Don't worry I won't let him kill you. Hiei, this is Nokito. She is my friend and doctor here I spoke about.”
“You were actually talking about me? Mukuro I didn't know you loved me so much!”
“I don't.”
“Fine, let's start our heart rate check up little man!” Hiei started to glare at her for calling him that. “Oops! Sorry I didn't mean to offend you!”
“Mukuro I thought you already did that,” Hiei said.
“Yes, but my judgement needs a second opinion.” Kito did the same thing that Mukuro performed, and her expression seemed about the same.
“Mukuro I need to see you outside.” Both of the left for a long time and Mukuro finally came back in. She looked at Hiei while he looked confused. She sat in her chair.
“Hiei I need to tell you something.”
 
 
“How long is the shrimp gonna be gone?” Kuwabara asked. The whole group was sitting around in Genkai's place while it began raining.
 
FLASHBACK
 
“Kurama are you sure it's ok for me to stay here?” Reina was looking in awe at the temple before her. The fox demon smiled.
“Yes it is. Genkai will let you stay here. She really is a nice person, unlike how Yusuke describes her.”
“What do you mean by that?” As soon as she said that an elderly woman came out of the temple doors followed by a girl with sea green hair who seemed to be her height.
“Hey dimwit, will I have to start charging my home whenever you need to come here? This isn't a hotel you know!” The woman didn't seem to act her age.
“Grandma don't start with that crap again!” Yusuke started another argument with the little old lady. Things didn't look like they were going to stop until Kurama stepped in.
“Forgive our intrusion Genkai-shiihan(2), but we need you to have someone stay here until she can return to her home.” Kurama always knows what to say.
“At least someone has good manners, unlike two morons I know.” Yusuke yelled in the back round at the comment. Kurama signaled her to come over.
“This is Reina. We rescued her on our mission and she needs a place to stay until we can take her home.” She bowed with respect hoping to make a good first impression. Genkai smiled and started to say how she had good manners and everyone should have them.
“Well, Reina, I am Genkai. I own this temple. Yukina on my right also lives here. So you can ask her for anything.” Yukina bowed to Reina and smiled.
“I am pleased to make your acquaintance.” Reina was awed again by everyone's kindness to her.
 
FLASHBACK END
 
“Yes where is the short one anyway?” Genkai asked. Kurama told her that he was still in Reikai. Of course, Genkai knew where he was and what was happening with him right now.
 
 
“What!” Hiei shouted. Mukuro looked at the floor again. Kito was outside the door listening the their conversation.
“Your heart seems to be failing you Hiei. I was just as surprised as you were. You always seem so healthy, but to have this serious of a problem was definitely a shocker.” Hiei was now against a wall and slumped down to the ground. “Hiei, tell me what happened on your mission.” He told her all about saving Reina, the monster Fugiki and how he killed him, and waking up with a sharp thrill of pain go through his body. She closed her eyes again.
“Are you sure you aren't mistaken?” He asked quietly. She nodded her head.
“Kito is much better at this than I am and even she agreed to my conclusion. I know this is hard for you to take Hiei.”
“How long do I have to live?”
“I don't know. It shouldn't happen for a couple of years if you rest and don't horse around. Kito can make a medicine that will postpone it for a long time but after it is done, then we can only hope for a miracle. I'm sorry.” Hiei was staring at the wall across from him trying to think that this is a dream. “My advice to you is to play low. Don't use so much energy and definitely do not fight. Also drink plenty and sleep. Kito will have your medicine ready tomorrow.”
“Mukuro can I ask you one more thing?”
“Anything.”
“If Koenma asks you or if the others ask please don't tell them about this.”
“I'm sure Kurama will find out.”
“Well, until he does please don't tell anybody.”
“I promise you I won't.” Hiei stood up and headed for the door. “I'll call Koenma to make a portal to,”
“Genkai's temple, and on her doorstep. I think it's raining there.”
 
 
Everyone turned to hear the opening of a door and saw Hiei standing there with an emotionless face.
“Hiei, what the heck did you do for so long!” Yusuke yelled. Everyone wanted to know where he was for the time being. Hiei just looked at him and walked past them to his room. Kuwabara of course got up.
“Shrimp, you better tell us where you were,” As he got close to Hiei he seemed to be blocked. Hiei had created a barrier around him.
“I think it's best not to disturb him, Kuwabara. He seems to have a lot on his mind.” Hiei walked down the hall and went into his room. Genkai just sipped at her tea.
 
It was now about 4 in the afternoon and everyone was in the room with a TV and they were watching some stupid show. Genkai came to Hiei's door and knocked on it. No answer. She did it again. Still no answer.
“Hiei, I'm coming in whether you like it or not.” She opened the door and found Hiei sitting on the windowsill watching the rain pour. Genkai closed it as she walked into his dark room. The only light was from the window. “I already know about your heart problem.” Hiei looked up at her with a shocked face.
“How long have you known?”
“Since you were in Makai earlier today. Though when you came back it didn't seem like you were having health problems. And I don't know how anything could've caused it.”
“Well, can you promise me not to tell anyone of this? Especially Kurama. I don't want him to know.”
“Your secret is safe but they will find out. And how will they take it then knowing that you were keeping it from them?”
“It's better they don't know now. I don't want their pity.”
“Suit yourself kid. But I don't think it will be pretty.” She left the room to leave Hiei thinking about his situation.
 
Miko: wow that was a long one…
Hiei: you're writing this to make me die onna…
Miko: no im not! I LUV YOU HIEI!
Hiei: **sweatdrops**
Miko: besides…the story is mainly u and Rei, why would I kill you!
Hiei:……….
Miko: anyway I could just kill you in the next chappie!
Hiei: No you wont! **unsheathes katana**
Miko: well plz review guys! Im gonna run before Hiei kills me!
**runs off with Hiei chasing after**
 
(1)- I cant remember what the bed thingy is so u just have to remember yourselves..
(2)- I think the word shii-han means master…so Master Genkai…I hope im right…