Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Doesnt It Feel Like Christmas? ❯ Ice Hockey! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mitari fell on his butt and slide across the ice at a rapid speed. The only thing there to stop him was a tree. Crash! He slammed into the tree and a large glop of snow landed on him from off the branch. Zinnia skated over to him. "Mitari-kun, are you okay?"she asked giving the poor blonde a hand. He blushed and took her loving hand. She pulled him up. "You should be more careful."she said sweetly. She smiled. "We're getting ready to play hockey. Will you be on my team? Pretty please?"she pleaded. Mitari blushed even more.


"Yes....I'd like that."he responded.


"Yay! This is gonna be fun!"she skated off across the frozen pond. Now the teams were all set. Team One: Kurama, Zinnia, Mitari, and Hiei who they were able to talk into playing the game for they told him hockey was a violent sport. Team Two: Yuske, Kuwabara, Botan, and Keiko. Yukina was the last one who had no idea how to play this game. So she just stood at the sidelines and decided to play score keeper. Everyone got their sticks ready. The puck sat in the middle of the pond with one member from each team stood in front of it waiting......and waiting. Kurama and Kuwabara were staring each other down. Tension was building. Finally, Yukina blew the whistle. Kurama easily swiped the puck with his hockey stick and passed it over to Zinnia. She caught it with her stick and began to blaze down the ice to the other team's goalie.....Botan. Mitari was the other team's goalie. The poor blonde looked scared to death. Yuske was skating alongside her unaware of Hiei skating next to him. Yuske felt the cold ice slam into his face as Hiei tripped him with his hockey stick. Zinnia made it over to the goalie net. She made a slap-shot.


"Aaaaaaaaaah!"screamed Botan as she ran out of the way of the puck letting the other team easily score a point. Botan just cared that she was unharmed. She slowly skated back over to the net breathing heavily and passed the puck over to Keiko.


"Dont worry, Botan."started the brunette. "You'll do better next time."she said skating back over to the center of the pond with the puck. But Yuske and Kuwabara looked mad. They felt that they were total idiots for letting girls play on their team. Keiko set the puck back in the center of the pond. This time Zinnia and Yuske stood waiting.


"Im gonna take you down, Zinnia."he threatened. Yuske was very competitive. Zinnia didnt say anything back. She just gave him a snarl.


"Dont let him get your goat, Zinnia."said Kurama. Zinnia turned to him.


"But....I dont have a goat...."the whistle blew. Now off guard Zinnia wasnt able to swipe the puck. Instead Yuske did. Before the spirit detective could even get anywhere, he was checked by Kurama. The spirit detective lost his balance and his butt met with the ice. Hiei retrieved the puck. Hiei did not go easy on poor Botan at all. He used his lightning speed to dash down the pond and make a super-duper slapshot into net and nailed Botan in the process. The grim reaper girl fell to the ground unconscious. Zinnia gasped.


"Botan! Are you okay?!"she asked skating over to her. "Whoa......."there was a big red mark on her forehead. "That's gotta hurt."she turned to Hiei. "Big Brother, you really hurt her!"Hiei blinked.


"I thought you said hookie was a violent human game."he reminded his sister.


"First of all its called hockey."said Kurama who just came up to them.


"And you dont hurt friends!"exclaimed Zinnia. She sighed. "Well.......at least we still got another goalie."she turned to her team's goal. The goalie had disappeared. "Mitari?"she looked around. "Mitari-kun?"then she saw something our of the corner of her eye. Mitari running away at full speed. "Mitari! Come back!"she pleaded before chasing after him. Yukina blinked.


"Does this mean that the game is over?"she asked innocently.


"It looks like it, Yukina."said Keiko. "We cant play with an uneven amount of players." Yuske rolled his eyes.


"Oh great.......we have a goalie thats a dead duck and another that's chicken."


"Chicken?! Where?"asked Kuwabara looking around franticly. He was watering at the mouth. Actually,......chicken sounds pretty good right now....uh...Anyway, Hiei was feeling pretty proud of himself. Nailing the perky, giddy ferry girl and all. He's felt better than he has all day long.




Later, a couple officers from Spirit World had arrived and lifted Botan who was still unconscious onto a stretcher. Each officer picked up one side of the stretcher and teleported away. Right after that Zinnia came walking back with both her arms raised up in the air. And on both these arms she was carrying a pleading and kicking Mitari. "No! Please! Let me go, Zinnia! Let me go!"he whined.


"But Mitari-kun, the game isnt over yet. We still need a goalie!"she explained not letting the blonde free.


"Correction, Zinnia."stated Kurama. "Now that Botan is gone the game is over."


"Oh..........that means we won! Team One: Two! Team One: Zippo!."she blinked. "I sure hope Botan's okay though."


"Yes, so do I."he turned to Hiei."Hiei, perhaps you should apologize to Botan."he suggested.


"For what?"asked the fire demon.