Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Doesnt It Feel Like Christmas? ❯ The Church Service ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next day, it was Christmas eve. That morning everyone sat in the church. Zinnia peeked at the audience from backstage. Her knees buckled with nervousness. She wore a dark crinsom gown with ended at the floor. She wasnt wearing her head in a large braid any more but she wore it out. It was long and beautiful.


"What is this place?"asked Hiei looking around who was sitting on a bench with the others.


"Shrimp, you've never heard of church?!"asked Kuwabara totally surprised.


"This is called a church, Hiei."started Kurama. "This where people come to worship and practice their religion. In this case that would be Christianity."he explained. Hiei thought for a second.


"Oh yes......now I remember.....that was that religion Zinnia has trying to push on me lately."said Hiei. Yuske was sitting on the bench with his friends snoring. The preacher stepped onto the stage.


"Let the church say Amen."he started.


"Amen."said everyone in unison.


"Now before we begin everyone who has brought a gift to donate to poor family's for christmas, please place it in this bin."requested the preacher. About 15 people stood and walked up to the front of the church carrying neatly wrapped presents. Kurama stood. He was holding to presents. One was from him and the other was from Zinnia. He slowly approached the bin and gently placed the gifts inside. "Thank you, young man." said the preacher.


"Please, do not give me all the thanks. One gift is from Zinnia."


"Isnt that the young lady preforming here?"


"Yes, that is her."said Kurama nodding.


Zinnia was so nervous. She hoped that she wouldnt forget the words. She took a deep breath right before sipping down a glass of water. She peeked out again. She smiled when she saw all the gifts sitting in the donation bin. She hoped that everyone would have a merry christmas. She heard the preacher speak. "And now, it time for the performance."the church applauded. "Please welcome Miss Zinnia Luna Jaganshi!"he announced. That was it. It was show time. Zinnia took another deep breath right before stepping onto the stage. Mitari who was sitting with Kurama and the others stared in awe. She looked at beautiful. Even when she looked nervous. Zinnia stared out at the church. The organist began to play the instrument before him. Zinnia gulped before singing.


"This little light of mine, Im gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, Im gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, Im gonna let it shine!"now the entire church began to join in and clap. Zinnia was feeling more confident now.


"Let it shine! Let it shine! Let it shine! Jesus gave it to me! Told me let it shine! Jesus gave it to me! Told me let it shine! Hallelujah! Jesus gave it to me! Told me to let it shine! Let it shine! Let it shine! Let it shine! Everywhere I go! Im gonna let it shine! Every where I go! Im gonna let it shine! Everywhere I go! Im gonna let it shine! Let it shine! Let it shine! Let it shine!"



After the church service everyone went downstairs to church's large activity room. There was a big lunch setted up. A large buffet of lots of delicious christmas foods. "Dont be shy!"said an elderly lady. "We've got plenty!". Hiei stood in the corner quietly. He wasnt hungry.Zinnia could barely contain herself. Since she performed for everybody they let her get her plate first. It had ginger breadmen, turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mash potatoes and gravy. She happily went over to a vacant table and took her seat. First, she thanked the good Lord for what she had through prayer and then began to eat. Yuske was trying to hit on some pretty girls.


"Hey Baby,"he said to the pretty black haired girl. "You wanna come over my house later? Im sure we'll have a very merry christmas."he winked. His suaveness was soon interrupted by an old lady hitting him in the head with her fan.


"Boy, how dare you bring that mess into the House Of God!"she screamed. "You ol' heathen!"she began to hit the spirit detective repeatedly with the fan as she chased him out the church.


"Wow....this mash potatoes are really good!"thought Zinnia to herself as she took another spoonful of food into her mouth. She licked her lips in delight. Just then a shadow appeared over her. She looked up. Mitari stood. He trembled.


"May I sit here?"he asked. Zinnia smiled.


"Thats a silly question!"she started. "Of course!"she said happily.


"Th-thank you."said Mitari taking a seat at the table. He sat quietly. Zinnia blinked.


"Arent you going to eat anything?"she asked. Mitari shook his head.


"I ate at home."he stated.


"Oh.....okay!"she looked over at the table. She noticed the large quannity of drinks. She turned back to the blonde. "Mitari-kun?"


"Y-yes, Zinnia?"


"If its not too much trouble, can you go get me a grape soda?"she requested. Mitari looked over at the table crowded with people. He looked back at Zinnia.......he nodded. He then got up and went over to the table.


"Thank you, very much!"she said as he left. Just then Kurama came and sat at the table. He had a plate of food. He had a little of everything. "Hi Kurama!"greeted Zinnia sweetly. Kurama smiled.

"Hello, Zinnia-chan."he greeted back. "I really loved your singing. You did an excellent job."


"Thank you. I really tried."she said. She took another spoonful of food. "These mashed potatoes are really good."she stated. Kurama smiled.


"Why, thank you. If you want, I can give you the recipe."he responded before bringing a spoonful of stuffing into his mouth. Zinnia blinked.


"You made them?"she asked. Kurama swallowed then nodded.


"Yes, and I'll be making more for Christmas dinner."


"Yay!"cheered Zinnia happily. Just then Mitari came back to the table with Zinnia's can of grape soda that she had requested for. "Thank you, Mitari-kun!"she said before taking the soda. Mitari sat back down.


"Your Welcome."he responded. He sighed.


"Something wrong, Mitari?"asked Kurama.


"When I was over at the table......."he started. "The elderly woman kept calling me cute and were pinching my cheeks."he explained. Zinnia smiled.


"That's because they're so cute!"she aid cheerfully before pinching both his cheeks. She giggled."They're so adorable!"Kurama chuckled.


"It appears Zinnia likes your cheeks as well."he said. Mitari blushed. He slightly looked down.


"I......I......I wasnt talking about my face......"