Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Doesnt It Feel Like Christmas? ❯ Making Gingerbread Men ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Zinnia poured milk into the bowl. "Okay, thats 1 cup of milk."she said to Kurama. "What's next?"Kurama looked through the cookbook.


"3 teaspoons of sugar."he said. Zinnia's wolf ears perked up.


"Oooh! Sugar!"she picked up a spoon off the counter and scooped up some of the white substance. She carefully brought it over the bowl and dumped it in. "One...."she scooped up some more, then dumped it. "Two....."she did it once more. "And three....Okay done!"she announced. Kurama looked back into the book.


"Okay.....now we take out the dough, flatten it and use the cookie cutters to shape them in gingerbread man form."he then closed the book.


"Okay!"said Zinnia cheerfully. She turned the bowl over letting a large mass of dough plop onto the counter. She stared at it for a second. Her ears slightly lowered. "Flatten it......hmm......"she thought for a second. Just then her ears perked back up. She began to flatten the dough.....with her fists. "Hehe, this is fun!"Kurama blinked.


"Zinnia....."he called not noticing the pair of hands on the counter searching around for the sweet dough.


"Yes, Kurama?."she asked sweetly. He handed her a rolling pin. The pair of hands was still searching franticly.


"You might want to use this instead."he advised. Zinnia blinked.


"Oh......okay.."she responded examing the piece of cooking equipment. She stared at it.


"You do know what its for, right?"he asked. Zinnia nodded.


"Uh-huh!"the pair of hands had finally found the dough.


"Then show me."


"Okay!"without warning she slammed the rolling pin down on one of hands which were getting ready to steal the dough. A loud and Kuwabara-like scream filled the room. Kurama looked down at Kuwabara kneeling on the floor.


"Serves you right."scolded the red head. "Now get out of here."he ordered. Sucking on his sore hand Kuwabara exited the kitchen whimpering.


"Bye Kuwabara!"said Zinnia cheerfully. She smiled at Kurama. "See, I know what its for. You're suppose to beat the crap out of guys with it."she explained holding up the rolling pin. "It's called a Man Beater!"Kurama sweatdropped.


"Zinnia, who told you that?"asked Kurama curiously. Zinnia blinked.


"My Aunt Fifi. She's the mommy of my cousin Spike. Remember him?"(read Zinnia's Cousin)Kurama nodded.


"Yes, I remember him."he responded kindly taking the rolling pin away from her. "Zinnia, this is not a 'Man Beater', its called a rolling pin and you use to it flatten dough. Like so...."he then began to roll the cilindar shaped object over the large piece of dough. Zinnia watched carefully. Her ears twitched.


"Oh...........wow.....if thats what its really used for then I oughta tell my Aunt Fifi. She'll be totally surprised!." Kurama sighed.




After a few minutes of rolling the dough was nice and flattened. Kurama set down the rolling pin. "Perfect."he said to himself. "Now all we have to do is use the cookie cutters to make the dough in the form of a ginger bread man. Then we put them in the oven for 25 minutes. Afterwards, we can decorate them."


"Then eat them!"cried Zinnia happily. Kurama chuckled.


"Yes, then eat them."he responded opening up a drawer and pulling out a couple cookie cutters. He handed one to Zinnia. "Now do you know what these are for?"he asked remember her rolling pin explanation. Zinnia nodded rapidly. She pressed the cutter into the dough then pulled it off. A perfect gingerbread man layed in the dough staring back up at her......uh...even though it was faceless. Kurama smiled. "Nicely done, Zinnia.



Later, 2 dozen ginger bread men were cut out and placed on a cookie sheet. Kurama carefully inserted the cookie sheet into the oven and set the timer for 25 minutes. "Now what do we do?"asked Zinnia. Kurama took a seat in a chair.


"Now we wait."was all he said. Zinnia's ears lowered.


"Oh............."she sat in a chair as well. She quickly grew bored. She sighed. Her ears suddenly perked back up. "Hey Kurama?"she asked.


"Yes, Zinnia?"he responded kindly.


"What has four wheels and flies?"she asked smiling. Kurama blinked.


"A garbage truck."he answered. Her ears lowered back down.


"Yeah....."just then Yuske and Kuwabara entered the room. Kuwabara had his hand bandaged.


"Hey are the cookies down yet?"asked Yuske.


"We just put them in."said Kurama. Zinnia's ears perked up once more.


"Hey! Wanna hear a riddle?"she asked.


"Sure, why not."


"Okay, here it goes! Mr Brown and his son were in the car driving home one night when they got into an accident. Mr Brown instantly died but his son was quickly taken to the hospital. But then the doctor says 'I cannot operate on him because he is my son'. But how can this be if Mr. Brown has just died?"she asked. Kurama opened his mouth to respond but Yuske quickly cut him off.


"I know! Because Mr Brown turned into a zombie and rose from the dead!"explained Yuske.


"That's dumb, Urameshi! Its because the Mr Brown in the car was an impersonator and real Mr Brown was the doctor at the hospital all along!"explained Kuwabara. Kurama tried to give the answer.


"No, its because-"


"Or maybe its because Mr Brown has been cloned before he died! YEAH! That's gotta be it!"said Yuske.


"No, it's-


"Or maybe he has 9 lives like a cat and came back after dying!"said Kuwabara. Zinnia blinked.


"You guys arent even close."she said.


"It's because the doctor is the boy's mother!"explained Kurama.


"Yeah!"said Zinnia smiling. Now Yuske and Kuwabara looked mad.


"Dang, Zinnia! Why'd you have to give us such a hard riddle?!"screamed Kuwabara.


"Yeah! Only a nerd like Kurama could of figured that one out!"screamed Yuske in her face. Zinnia blinked.


"But.......but.....but...."