Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Doesnt It Feel Like Christmas? ❯ Santa Isnt Real?! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



"No! No! It cant be true!"screamed Zinnia with tears in her eyes.


"Well, it is, squirt."said Yuske. Zinnia shook her head repeatedly.


"No! You're lying!"she sniffled. "You're a big fat liar, Yuske!"


"I know how it freakin' works, Zinnia! And Im telling you its true!"he screamed in her face. Several tears ran down her face.


"KURAMA!"she wailed from the top of her lungs. "KURAMA!"she screamed again still crying. Kurama came running downstairs to see what was wrong with poor Zinnia. But before he could even ask she jumped into his arms crying. Kurama rested his chin on her head.


"There, there."he said patting her back. He looked up at the spirit detective. "Yuske, what did you do to her?!"


"I did nothing but tell the truth!"he explained.


"No! It's a lie!"wailed Zinnia. "You're lucky my big brother isnt here or he'd teach you a lesson, mister!"she sniffled. Kurama looked confused.


"What's a lie, Zinnia?"he asked. Zinnia stared up at Kurama. She sniffled again. "Yuske says that Santa Claus isnt real!"more tears began to run down her face.


"Well, he isnt."said Yuske. Zinnia would only believe the words of Kurama in a situation such as this because he was so honest.


"Kurama, is Santa really not real?"she asked tearfully. Kurama sweatdropped. He had to think about this one. He didnt want her to be hurt, but then he didnt want to lie to her. He then remembered his 7th grade German class. He smiled.


"Of course he is!"he assured. Zinnia's ears slightly raised up.


"He is?!"she asked with her eyes lighting up.


"No he isnt."started Yuske. "Kurama's full of ______". Zinnia then began bawling. Kurama gave Yuske a glare. Kurama stroked her head.


"Dont listen to Yuske, Zinnia. Santa is real. Havent you heard the story of how he started?"he asked. Zinnia sniffled.


"N-no......"she wiped her tear with her hand. "Tell me the story."she pleaded. Kurama sat down on the couch. Zinnia sat next to him still sniffling.



"Well, it all started a very long time ago several years that is.......in Germany...."he started. Yuske rolled his eyes.


"I'd like to see how he thinks out this one."thought the spirit detective to himself.



"There was a man by the name of Chris Cringle. Unlike today, he was a tall, skinny man. Anyway, he started off by always bringing presents and food to poor children who had little or no money. But because of his scrawny appearance he scared away children, so he became fat and jolly later. And well.....thats pretty much how Santa Claus came to be."explained the red head


"Bull ______!"screamed Yuske. "If that's true then wouldnt he be dead by now?!"


"Santa's dead?!"cried Zinnia. She resumed crying. Kurama gave Yuske a threatening look. Yuske challenged him.


"What?! What are you gonna do Kurama?! You aint got nothing! You aint-" Kurama held up a purple potion. Yuske instantly shut up.


"Dont listen to Yuske, Zinnia. Santa is still alive and he will continue to live because of......of...."he thought for a second. "Because of God!"Zinnia sniffled.


"G-God?"she asked slightly raising up her wolf ears.


"Yes, because Santa was veru involved with church. That's why we also call him St. Nick."Zinnia's eyes lit up.


"Wow, Kurama! You're right! That totally makes sense!"she hugged him. "You're the best!"