Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Doesnt It Feel Like Christmas? ❯ Christmas Morning ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Christmas morning, the poor mother of the 2 children that Zinnia had brought presents to the previous night managed to scrape up enough coins to use a pay phone to call the number on the piece of paper Zinnia had left. She carefully dialed the numbers then put the phone to her ear and listened carefully. The phone rang 3 times before someone picked up.


"Hello?"answered a man's voice. Now the mother felt dumb.


"Um....I know this sounds silly, but a dog left me a piece of paper with a phone number on it and.......I thought it call it. Does the dog belong to you?"there was a pause on the other end of the line.


"No. I dont know anything about a dog leaving phone numbers. This is the Roomy Real Estate Agency. We are desperate need of employees."the woman blinked.


"Well, I do really need a job, my family has very little mo-"


"Congradulations! You're hired!"





Zinnia was sitting on the couch. She sighed. This christmas a bit disappointing. Kurama was cleaning up all the wrapping paper from under the tree what was left from the opened presents. He turned to his wolf friend. "Zinnia, why do you look so sad?"he asked. Zinnia's ears lowered.

The End

"Well, now that I know Santa isnt real, it takes the whole fun out of the holiday."she explained. "Believing in something as magical as Santa makes it so much more exciting."Kurama nodded in agreement.


"Yes, I fully understand."he started. "Im sorry about that. But, you were going to have to find out sooner or later."he finished gathering up the last of the wrapping paper. But then something caught his eye. A single untouched gift left under the tree. "Now who could this be for?"asked the red head to himself. He shoved the old wrapping paper into the garbage bag then picked up the present. It wasnt very big. He read the tag on it. "To Zinnia."that was odd. He thought that Zinnia had opened all her presents. Someone must of forgotten to give theirs out. "Zinnia, this gift is for you." her wolf ears flew up.


"Me?"she got off the couch and went over to him. "Are you sure, Kurama?"she asked. Kurama handed it to her.


"Positive. It has your name on it."Zinnia stared at the gift.


"But, I thought I opened all my gifts."she scratched the back of her head.


"So did I. But it appears that we have skipped one. Why dont you open it."


"Okay."she began to unwrap this mysterious present. What could it of possibly be? She gasped.


"What is it?"asked the fox. Zinnia held up her present.


"It's a PSP!"she cried happily. She blinked. "Wait......who bought this for me?"she asked.


"I have no idea."started Kurama. "Im positive that all our friends gave you their gifts."


"Yeah, me too."she looked down at the PSP and began to think......and think.....and think...until.....her eyes widened. "SANTA!"