Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Downsized ❯ Let's Get Busy ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Part 2.....

Botan having approached Lilly like she was a Spirit Detective, Yusuke found it extremely odd and just had to know what exactly was going on....

"Hold on a minute, Botan. What's going on?" Yusuke approached her.

"Yeah, what do you need her for?" Kuwabara added.

'I can't tell them anything or Koenma-sama would kill me....' Botan thought to herself. She had to think of an explanation and soon.

"Well?" Yusuke pressed further.

"I'm sorry but it's confidential now. Koenma-sama said he wouldn't say or let me say anything until we talk to Lilly first." Botan tried to explain without giving too much detail away. She instantly sweatdropped. 'That was not my best attempt, obviously....'

"Koenma-sama?" Shuuichi repeated. He then noticed that Lilly was now hiding behind him and looked quite nervous with all that was going on.

"And just how long is he going to hold Lilly?" Kuwabara asked.

"Just for a couple of weeks....a month at the most. Please, Lilly. It's really important." Botan pleaded.

"What are you going to do, Lilly?"

"We really need your help."

"Don't worry, I'm sure nothing bad is going to happen." Keiko smiled, assuring her.

"I...I guess it should be okay. I won't get hurt, right?" Lilly slowly stepped forward.

"I promise you won't." Botan smiled gently.

"Alright. For now, I believe you. But if something should happen to me, I'll make sure that red will come save me and beat someone down."

Everyone including Shuuichi face-vaulted.

Botan quickly regained her balance and began to lead Lilly to her destination. Before leaving Lilly quickly embraced Shuuichi and gently kissed his cheek. Shuuichi looked at her with a very flushed face and watched her as she hugged Kuwabara. Just what feelings did this girl really have for Shuuichi? After saying goodbye to the rest of the group, both Botan and Lilly walked away....

Nearly a month had passed since Lilly and Botan left and they still have not come back yet. It also has been nearly a month since Yusuke and his friends were given a case. Things were starting to seem really peaceful. Was this a good sign?

"Hey, Urameshi! When is Koenma gonna' bring back Lilly?" Kuwabara asked.

Yusuke, Kuwabara, Shuuichi, and Hiei were all hanging out in the park on a nice, sunny day. On a large acre of grass was a small section of benches to sit, which is where Yusuke and his group sat.

"How the hell should I know? Do I look like some sort of psychic?" Yusuke retorted.

"Then I guess you didn't see this coming..." Hiei pointed in a direction.

Following where Hiei pointed to, the small group of boys then noticed that two familiarly-shaped figures were making their way towards them. When the two people had finally made their way over to them, there was a different air about them....

"Hey, Botan! Lilly! How'd it go?" Kuwabara greeted them.

"Just fine. Thank you so much for letting us talk to her." Botan smiled.

"So, what exactly did you talk about with her?" Yusuke questioned.

"Well...I'm sorry, Yusuke! I can't tell you just yet."

"Why not?"

"We have to look over the information she gave us. Please understand, it was Koenma-sama's orders."

"Is it something serious?" Shuuichi asked.

"Oh, nothing at all. We just needed her for a while, that's all. Well, got to go now! Ja ne!" and with that, the Grim Reaper disappeared.

"Just what are they hiding that we can't know about?" Hiei looked at Lilly. Still not sure of her, he readied himself for an attack.

"And I don't suppose you can tell us anything, either..." Yusuke glanced at the girl.

"Unfortunately, no... I'm sorry. But how is everyone?" Lilly looked from one boy to the next.

"Fine...hey, seems like you toned down a little."

"Do you think so?"

"And let's hope it stays that way." Hiei said, relaxing a little.

"Don't be so cold, Hiei. She hasn't hugged you or anything..." Shuuichi smiled.

"Shuuichi-kun, it's so nice to see you again." Lilly smiled at him.

"Uh...nice to see you, too..." Shuuichi blushed. For some reason, unknown to himself, he suddenly became tense.

"Are you okay?"

"Y....yes..."

"Okay, okay. Let's actually do something. I didn't come here so we can just stand around and don't do anything. It's summer vacation!" Yusuke exclaimed.

Everyone around him nodded, totally agreeing with the young spirit detective. But just as they were about to go on their way, a small black object fell on Kuwabara's head...

"Hey, what's up with that?!"

"It looks like some sort of tape. It could be important." Yusuke snickered.

"Well, let's go find out what's on it." Hiei said, somewhat impatiently.

"Yes, but..." Shuuichi suddenly realized something. He then turned to face Lilly.

Lilly smiled and winked at the rest of the group. "I already know what's on it."

"What do you mean you already know what's on it?! Just what happened over at Koenma-sama's place?!" Kuwabara looked down at his cousin.

"Watch the tape and you'll find out soon enough. This is why neither Botan nor I could tell you anything yet. The tape will explain everything." Lilly giggled as she grabbed the tape from him.

"Wha..."

"Come on, to Kuwabara-kun's house!"

"She's awfully calm about this whole thing." Hiei whispered to Yusuke.

"Yeah...I wonder what's really goin' down..." Yusuke replied.

>At Kuwabara's house<

After Kuwabara placed the tape into the vhs player, Koenma's face appeared on the screen. The figure then began to speak...

"Hello, everyone. Koenma here and I have some big news for all of you. You are about to have a new member. She's someone you know and I just happened to find out that she's going to be very beneficial to the team. Not only can she fight, but she can manipulate her chi in a way that she can combine it with the seven elements. I'll leave Lilly to explain the rest. Bye now!" the end of the tape.

"Lilly?!" Yusuke exclaimed. His eyes became just as wide as did the rest of his team.

"Yup." Lilly smiled, proudly.

"Alright, start talkin'." Kuwabara turned to face her.

"Well, how it happened was that Botan-chan and Koenma-sama had been watching me for some time now. They noticed that I had abnormally strong ki and that I had exceptional abilities. Like how Kuwabara-kun can sense spirits...well, I can actually interact with those same spirits and use elements, just as Koenma-sama said." the young woman explained.

"Then why did they keep it a secret from us?" Hiei looked at her.

"We just had to make sure for ourselves before we would promise you boys anything."

"Botan!" Yusuke cried, startled.

"That's what all the secrets were about? And why is she going to fight? She can't fight." Kuwabara huffed. The tall fighter then crossed his arms across his chest.

"And why not? I think she will be just fine." Botan defended her.

"Not only 'cause she's a girl, but she's my cousin!"

"Honestly, Kuwabara-kun you....Huh?"

Everyone then noticed that Lilly held Shuuichi to a chair and was nuzzling his cheek. They watched as one of the strongest demons could not even break out of this girl's hold.

"Don't tell me she's a demon..." Hiei huffed.

"Actually, that's something we don't know. We did get a lot of information but it was very hard to place her. It is certain that she has just as much ki as the rest of you. The only problem is why." Botan sweatdropped.

"Hey, I thought you quit that..." Yusuke eyed her.

"Heh heh...old habits are hard to break." Lilly smiled. She then gently kissed a red Shuuichi's cheek.

"Old habits? You two basically just met."

"He became a habit from the first second I saw him."

Suddenly, Shuuichi began to sneeze. Lilly watched him with worry on her face. She did not like the fact he was sneezing so much. She then placed her hand on his forehead. "Are you catching cold?"

"I don't think so..." Shuuichi sneezed again.

"You feel a little warm."

"I'll be fine..."

This was not the reaction Lilly had in mind. Then an idea popped into her head...."I know, I'll take care of you!"

"What?!" everyone exclaimed at the same time.

"Really..I'm fine." Shuuichi gently tried to protest.

"Not if you're starting to get warm and sneezing like that! I'll be your own little nurse." Lilly smiled happily.

"But...I feel just fine. See?"

"Uh uh... I'm going to make sure you feel better. Besides, I can see that you're sniffling."

Unfortunately for Shuuichi, what Lilly was saying was indeed true. In fact, he even began to feel a little dizzy and fell forward. But not before he could fall right into her arms. Although, for some reason, it felt really good to be in her arms....

After some time, Shuuichi felt something cool and wet against his forehead. He slowly opened his eyes to see a very concerned Lilly over him. She seemed to be passing a cool, damp cloth over his forehead. The cool cloth felt so nice against his warm skin.

"You're finally awake. You scared us when you passed out in my arms. Although, I found it most romantic." Lilly giggled.

"I passed out....where am I?" Shuuichi tried to get up.

"Just lie down... You're still in Kuwabara-kun's house. We already called your mom and there's no need to worry."

"Thank you.... but where are Yusuke and the others?"

"Downstairs... They figured that it wouldn't be good for you if there were too many people in the room."

Several moments of silence passed as Shuuichi watched Lilly continue to take care of him. Several times, Lilly took the same damp cloth, gently dipped it into the cool bowl of water and spread it over his face. He suddenly noticed that she began to blush....

"Um...I'm going to have to ask you to take off your shirt. I have to put some medicine on your chest to help you breathe." Lilly stuttered.

"O-okay..." Shuuichi blushed as well.

Downstairs, the group waited patiently. At least...most of them did...

"What the hell is going on upstairs?! Kurama's a nice guy but that doesn't mean I completely trust him with my cousin!" Kuwabara was most unhappy with the demon and his cousin alone in a bedroom. He quickly jumped up from his seat.

"Like Kurama would try that. You should know him by now." Hiei frowned.

"Yeah, take it easy, Kuwabara." Yusuke chuckled.

He smacked Kuwabara on the back, letting him know that it was true that nothing was going to happen. Although, it was not certain if Lilly was that way....

Almost instantly, a fight ensued between the "friends". Botan quickly placed herself between them. "In case you boys hadn't noticed, we have a sick team member upstairs and I don't think he would appreciate it if you started causing a whole bunch of noise."

"Fine." both Kuwabara and Yusuke sighed.

"I'm glad someone is able to control those two." a voice stated.

The group then turned around to find a smiling Lilly and a much better- looking Shuuichi. The young woman then led the red-head to a couch to sit.

"Well?" Hiei asked, looking at Shuuichi.

"I'm fine. It was just a small allergic reaction to something." Shuuichi smiled.

"Wow, you sure recovered fast." Kuwabara said, amazed. He looked at him, wide-eyed with shock.

"Well, it helps to be a demon." Lilly giggled.

"Hey, wait a sec... you know?!" "Of course....I learned quite a lot when I was over in Spirit World."

"So, I guess you know everything." Yusuke confirmed, sitting next to Lilly.

"Well, of course she had to know. We can't have her going on cases with you without giving her information to base anything on." Botan proudly smiled.

"I don't see why not! When I first started this detective business, you guys hardly told me anything!"

"Eh heh....now, Yusuke..."

Suddenly, Kuwabara stood in front of the kitsune. He did not look very happy, though.... "Hey, Kurama! What happened when Lilly was treatin' ya'?! You better not have made a move on her!"

This made everyone sweatdrop and Lilly blush. Shuuichi quickly stood up to defend himself. "Listen, Kuwabara... I can assure you nothing happened upstairs. It's the truth that all she was doing was treating me."

"Hmph...I'll let it go this time. But when I hear that you do something..." Kuwabara growled. He then shook a fist at Shuuichi.

"Sit down, idiot. You can't do anything." Hiei smirked.

"What did you say, shortie?!"

"Like I said, you can't do anything."

"No more fights...please..." Botan said, pleadingly.

"Anyway, besides....He's my boyfriend..." Lilly hugged Shuuichi again.

"And what does Kurama have to say about this?" Yusuke smirked.

The young spirit detective then nudged the kitsune's arm making him blush an even darker shade of red than his hair. This also made the fire-ice demon, Hiei, just sigh and shake his head sadly. Kuwabara just stuttered, trying to insult Yusuke while Botan sweatdropped.

"If you're all done now, I can brief you all on the next assignment." Botan eyed the group.

"What?! On our vacation! That isn't fair..." Yusuke exclaimed, suddenly.

"There is no real vacation when you have a job concerning bad demons..."

"Aww, man..."

"Don't worry, Yusuke. I'm sure it will be a quick one. Then we can continue our vacation." Lilly smiled, hopefully.

The leader of the group then smiled, although still not too happy about getting an assignment during his rest time. So, now all he and the rest of the group could do was to await their orders from the leader of the Spirit World....

"Our sources say that there has been a demon running around...particularly around the beach areas. He turns himself into a human that seems quite friendly and tries to interact with some young people about your ages. Once he has them in his grasp, he uses mind control to bring them to a cave where he steals their energy and leaves them just enough to live. Who knows what his true intentions are?" Botan explained, worry on her face.

"So, you want us to stop him before he actually does something or actually makes a killing... Is that right?" Hiei stated.

"Exactly... Now, most of the incidents happened around the beach not too far from here...I think it was called..." Botan tried to recall.

"Oceanic Paradise..." Yusuke whispered.

"That's right. I heard news reports about young people who have lost a lot of energy but the doctors couldn't find out what happened." Lilly commented.

"Oh, and one more bit of information... Be careful when you actually do have an encounter with him... He is said to armed and dangerous not only with weapons, but with dark magic as well." and with that, Botan disappeared.

"Well, that settles it. Looks like we should get started on this case." Shuuichi announced.

"Right." Yusuke finally agreed.

Soon, the whole group left the house and made its way toward the beach known as Oceanic Paradise. It was the "hot hangout" for teens such as Yusuke and his friends. However, today, it looked more like a deserted island...

"Where is everybody?" Kuwabara asked, looking around.

"They're all afraid. They wouldn't dare come 100 feet near here." Hiei answered.

"Well, I don't think anybody would." Lilly added.

"Well, let's go... Maybe we should split up. We can cover more ground that way." Yusuke suggested.

"Fine by me." Shuuichi commented.

Everyone else also nodded. And with that, the group split and each member went his or her separate way....

However, the path that Hiei decided to follow ended up connected to Shuuichi's and they met at a small intersection. Both demons had chosen separate paths in the grassy area of the beach. With the grass being very tall no one could see farther than the path ahead of them. Both young males looked at each other.

"I wonder if all the paths connect to each other like this..." Shuuichi wondered aloud.

"Hn...wait...did you hear something?" Hiei paused.

Both Shuuichi and Hiei looked around until they heard the rustling sound once more. Taking one quick glance, almost simultaneously in the direction they heard the sound come from, they began to run. It could be the demon they had been searching for...

To be continued......