Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ DragonLance Gone Wrong ❯ The Switch ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DragonLance or YuYu Hakusho.

Okay, my brother came up with this idea and I thought it was hilarious. So, I wrote it down and I am going to post it. Hope you all enjoy this! By the way, you do not need to know ANYTHING about DragonLance to read this story. It will mostly be my random insane evilness and a few of my brother's ideas. I will DEFINATLY enjoy writing this! Hope you enjoy reading this!!

~*~ Chapter 1: The Switch ~*~

Tam Urameshi was celebrating the end of the Dark Tournament when Jin, Touya, Rinku, and Chuu all came into the room and congratulated them on their victory. Suddenly, everything went black.

When they woke up, they found themselves in a bar, in a completely new place, and, as most of them evaluated a moment later, without their spirit energy.

"What the heck just happened??" Yusuke asked, looking around the room. It was empty, except for an old man sitting near the fire.

"I have absolutely no idea," said the old man, looking at them oddly.

"Well, neither do we. How about you tell us your name and we tell you ours?" Kurama said politely (Such a gentleman........Even when he has NO idea what he is about to get himself into!! And his Yoko side, but he's an exception! ^_^)

"Ok... well my name is Fizban. What's your name?" said the old man.

"My name is Kurama, the guy with black, spiky hair is Hiei, the one with gelled black hair is Yusuke, the tall one is Kuwabara, the one with pointy ears and an Irish accent is Jin, the little kid is Rinku, the other tall one with an Australian accent is Chuu, the one with blue hair is Touya, the girl with blue hair is Botan, the girl with brown hair is Keiko, and the one with sea blue hair is Yukina, and the one with faded pink hair is Genkai," said Kurama.

"Well I was expecting someone else, but you will have to do", said Fizban.

"What do you mean by that old man," said Hiei, glaring at Fizban.

"Well I was talking to Tanis, but then he disappeared and then you appeared so I guess he went to some random parallel dimension and you came from that dimension. So since you are here and he isn't you will have to take his place," said Fizban.

"Well, I hope this Tanis guy knows how to deal with teenagers and demons, `cause there are plenty of those where we come from," Yusuke said, smiling a little bit.

"Well, since you are devoid of the powers that you had, he should have your powers. It appears that you switched powers, so he should be fine," Fizban said, smiling a little bit at them.

The others got panicked looks and had wide eyes.

"Uh-oh......That could be the end of our world. I hope they don't have to use the powers!!!" Yusuke said, looking around at the others. "In the meantime, Pacifier Breath will have to find other lackeys."

"Who's that?" Fizban asked.

"He's kind of like the god on our world," Kurama said, smiling slightly.

"Ah, people insulting him all day. I kind of know how that feels," Fizban said. Just then, Fizban's hat fell over his eyes and he yelled, "AHHH!!! I'VE GONE BLIND!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!"

Kuwabara walked forward and put the hat back in it's original spot.

"Ah, thank you, young man. That seems to happen a lot," Fizban said, smiling at a dumbfounded Kuwabara. Kuwabara just nodded and went back to stand beside Yukina. (Too bad Hiei can't...... Oh, yeah. I can't tell you what he can't do yet because I'm the one partially writing the story! HA!!)

Just then a noise came from outside and they heard people cursing and running up what sounded like a very long stair case.

"What's that noise?" said Touya, looking around.

"Well..... you sorta arrived at a bad time, you see Goldmoon, one of Tanis' companions, just made Hederick think she is a witch by healing his hand when he burned it, so he has all the guards hunting them... but now you are here and unfortunately when you switched to this world everyone, except for the more powerful spellcasters and demons and gods of course, had their memories changed. So everyone on this world now thinks that everything Tanis and Co. said and have done you did. And the same with Tanis on your world. Which means those guards think you are the people they want to capture. So I suggest you start running now," said Fizban in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Why should we run from some puny guards with toy swords and bows and axes and such. We can just use our powers and kill them all," said Hiei also in a matter-of-fact tone.(Unfortunately everyone seems not to notice that Fizban knows who they are ^_~)

All of the sudden Hiei starts coughing uncontrollably.

"Why is Hiei coughing so much, he never seemed to be THAT weak before," said Kuwabara idiotically.

"It appears that Hiei inherited Raistlin's, a soon-to-be; or would have anyway, powerful spellcaster, health. He always coughed a lot, but he was uberly powerful," said Fizban.

"So I can *Cough* do *Cough* really powerful *Cough* spells *hack*, if I can *cough* stop *cough* coughing *big hack*," asked Hiei in between coughs.

"Yes," said Fizban.

"Umm guys....," said Yusuke," aren't those guards looking for us?"

"Well *cough* if I can't *cough* talk to *cough* incant a spell *cough*, then I will just *cough* cut them into *hack* little tiny pieces with my sword," said Hiei.

He tried to use his demonic speed to go out and kick the guards butts, but he couldn't.(DUH)

"Why can't I use my demonic speed?" asked Hiei, finally not coughing for once.

"Because that is part of your powers and Raistlin has those now sorry," said Fizban appolageticly.

"...," Hiei was silent.

"In that case I think we should run now," said Yusuke(apperantly he is the only one with some type of a brain)

Just then, a few of the guards looked in the windows and shouted, "There they are! GET THEM!!!"

"I think that you should go to Haven, a town to the south of the here, and find out more," Fizban said, motioning to the back door. Right before all of them left, he called Yusuke back. "Oh, by the way, Yusuke. You are now half-elven."

"......................What??" Yusuke asked, thinking he didn't hear right.

"You heard me, Yusuke! I said that you are now a half-elf. Now get going!" Fizban said, giving Yusuke a small push.

Yusuke stared at the old man like he was crazy. (Hmmm....I think we'll have to check that one. ^_~) Then he ran after the others, sliding down a rope in the back and meeting up with his friends.

"Okay, now where do we go? Yusuke, I am assuming that you switched with Tanis, who appeared to be the leader," Kurama said.

"Well, the old man said to travel south to Haven and then look for answers there," Yusuke said, looking around. Jin's ears were wiggling.

"I haven't had this much fun since our fight, Urameshi!" Jin said, grinning.

"Okay, so which way is south??" Hiei asked, pointing out the obvious.

"Uhhh..." Yusuke was silent.

"Let's just go in a random direction!" Touya said. "I can hear the guards coming."

So, they all ran as fast as they could towards a forest. They entered and Yusuke noticed that his friends had a red outline. They all moved forward and kept going until they saw a lake and a boat on the lake.

"Hurry! To the boat!" Yusuke said, running towards it. "Darn it! It's locked!"

Suddenly Jin had an urge he pick the lock, then he thought, "but I can't pick locks." Then he suddenly remembered he was a master lock picker.

"Move over!" Jin said, shoving Yusuke to the side. He quickly picked the lock and climbed in. "Everyone MOVE!!"

Everyone, except Rinku, hurried onto the boat. Rinku stayed on the shore, watching them with solemn eyes.

"Come on, kid! Get in the friggin' boat!" Yusuke yelled, glaring at Rinku.

"NO!! Chuu's gonna tip the boat and we're all gonna DIE!!" Rinku said. Yusuke, having had enough of Rinku being a brat, climbed out of the boat, picked up Rinku, and threw him in the boat. He then climbed in the boat himself and told Kurama and Kuwabara to "Row like you never rowed before!"

Arrows whizzed by overhead, one of them getting caught in Hiei's cloak. He glared at it and, all of the sudden, he remembered how to cast a spell! (*Giggling like mad and listening to brother give ideas like a maniac*)

"Ast tasarak sinuralan krynawi," Hiei whispered, moving his hand over past the guards. They fell, one by one, to Hiei's spell.

"What did you do to them, Hiei??" Kurama asked, looking over at his friend nervously.

"I just cast a sleeping spell on them," Hiei said with a small smirk. "They shouldn't be waking up anytime soon!"

Kurama and Kuwabara rowed silently. When they got across the lake, they found a cave and everyone camped there for the night.

"You know, somehow I have the feeling that all this is going to turn into a wild goose chase," Yusuke said to Kurama on their watch.

"So, what did Fizban tell you when he pulled you away from us?" Kurama asked, looking over at his friend.

"Oh, nothing much. Just that I happen to be a half-elf," Yusuke said bitterly. Kurama choked on thin air.

"WHAT?!?!"

"Keep it down! You'll wake the others!" Yusuke hissed, glaring slightly at Kurama.

"You are a half-elf? Why? Was Tanis a half-elf or something?" Kurama asked, turning to look and make sure that no one had woken up.

"Apparently. Oh well. Our watch is up. Let's go wake up Jin and Kuwabara," Yusuke said.

The night passed uneventfully. Well except for Kurama blabbing that Yusuke is now a Half-Elf, but ....

They started walking some random direction.(which is South they are really lucky in their random choices)

"Is that a road up ahead?" said Kuwabara.

"Yes, there is also a sign that says "Haven is that way"... some people must be really stupid the road is only two directions and they cant find there way down the road...," said Kuwabara.

".... you are an idiot you fool, we need that direction why else would it be there, except that we need it?" said Hiei.

"Ok....... well anyway lets go," said Yusuke.

On their way down the road they ran into a group of what looked like monks. They were all wearing robes and hoods and were completely covered so you couldn't see any part of their body. Kuwabara started yelling at them to ask some questions.

"YOU FOOL WHAT IF THEY WANT TO KILL US," Yelled Hiei, who started coughing for about 5 minutes.

All of the sudden one of the monks seemed to recognize Kurama and Yukina, who is carrying a staff(umm how it got there I have no clue, but the story needs it so its there). He or she or it pointed and the monks started running at them and their hoods and stuff came loose and the company saw they looked like walking lizards.

"Get ready they look like they are going to attack us," said Yusuke who suddenly realized he had no clue how to use a sword. Then some random memory of Tanis's came to him and he knew how to use it, the other members suddenly had similar experiences.

The lizards came at them, and they started to attack and parry each others blows. When Hiei, who was the only one using a sword expertly, killed one his sword got stuck in it and it turned to stone.

"AHH MY SWORD IS STUCK," shouted Hiei.

"Don't stab them with your swords try to bash them instead," shouted Kurama.

"Now you tell me," yelled Yusuke after he had just stabbed his opponent in the neck with his dagger.

Hiei remembered he was a magician and not a swordsman and started coughing. Then he remembered he could cast spells and started an incantation.

"Ast tasarak sinuralan krynawi," he said trying to use the sleep spell on it.

The thing's eyes got unfocused, then it blinked and shook its head and was fine. But luckily for Hiei, whose sword was still in the lizard thing, Kurama bashed it in the face with the blunt of his sword, while it was getting over the spell.

"Their magic resistant," Hiei said.

"That's nice so get behind us and try to slow them down atleast," said Touya.

"Hmph....," said Hiei as he got behind Touya, Jin and Kurama.

"Cast somethin'," said Jin, "or you'll be the only one of us left."

"kair tangus miopiar," said Hiei, saying the incantation to engulf it in flames.(Hiei likes flames ^_^)

The creature caught fire and shrieked then fell over and lay still.

Jin and Touya killed the remaining creatures, while Kuwabara and Yusuke managed to subdue their opponents. So that Kurama was the only one left fighting, the girls stood behind everyone watching, except for Genkai grabbed a spare shield and ran to Kurama's two opponents and bashed one with a shield. While Kurama stabbed one and lost his dagger as it got stuck.

"Hey Hiei I have your sword," said Jin, "the lizard just turned to dust and I picked it up"

Jin handed Hiei his sword.

However, more lizards came out the woods opposite them. They were out numbered five to one.

"All right everyone lets go back into the woods," said Yusuke as he started running.

They managed to get into the woods and ran until the sound of approaching foot steps died away.

"Well I guess we cant get to Haven now," said Kurama.

"That guy Fizban said I was Half-Elf so maybe the Elves like me so lets go to the Elf land, Qualinesti," said Yusuke, the name and location of the Elf land coming to him suddenly.

"Where is the elf land and what is the quickest way there," said Chuu.

"Follow me, Jin you have several large pouches, maybe you have a map in there?," said Yusuke.

"Ya here is one," replied Jin.

They examined the map.

"It looks like the quickest way to Qualinesti is South around Darken Wood, lets start on our way," said Yusuke.

~*~ End Chapter 1 ~*~

Hope you all liked it! See you next chapter!! ^_~