Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ DragonLance Gone Wrong ❯ The road to Xak Tsaroth ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: We do not own YuYu Hakusho or DragonLance.

Hello everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter, because we had WAY too much fun writing it! Here's the next one!

~*~ Chapter 2: The road to Qualinesti ~*~

As the companions walked, Yusuke thought about how the elves would react when they saw him. (It's too bad that he doesn't have ALL of Tanis's memories. Then he would know. Poor, poor Yusuke.)

All of a sudden, they found a man and asked him what if he had seen anything that looked like lizard men.

"Yes, they're called draconians," the hunter said.

"Thanks," Yusuke said and kept walking, the others following his lead.

Soon, all of them were tired and Hiei's coughing grew worse. (Okay, I'm having a hard time keeping a strait face for what I'm about to write!)

Suddenly, Hiei remembered something that made him stop in his tracks. Everyone looked at him oddly and Hiei said, "I just remembered that Raistlin and Caramon were brothers! And since I am, apparently, Raistlin, and Kuwabara is, apparently, Caramon, that means....." Hiei trailed off, horrified.

Yusuke, Touya, Jin, Chuu, Rinku, and a few others burst out laughing.

Suddenly, Chuu stopped and put a hand to his forehead, where there was a wound from the battle. He looked up and thought he was seeing things, but ,no!, there it was again! Chuu had seen a white stag and started to follow, stumbling after it.

"Hey, Chuu. Whatcha see up there?" Rinku asked, looking at his former teammate.

"I see a white stag up ahead of us. I think it wants us to follow," Chuu said, actually not acting totally drunk. (Couldn't help it!! *Ducks random flying objects from angry Chuu fans*)

"Can we eat it??" Kuwabara asked stupidly, looking around.

Yusuke whacked Kuwabara over the head with his hand and yelled, "ARE YOU ALWAYS THINKING OF FOOD, YOU IDIOT!!! NO WONDER YOU CAN NEVER BEAT ME IN A BATTLE!!"

Kuwabara and Yusuke started yelling insults back and forth while the others watched it like a tennis rally.

Finally, Kurama yelled, "WOULD YOU TWO JUST SHUT UP SO WE CAN FOLLOW THE STUPID STAG?!?!"

Everyone stared at him. "What?" Kurama asked, looking around. Everyone hurriedly walked after Chuu, who was, by now, far ahead of them. Kurama ran after them, mumbling something about, "Yusuke and Kuwabara can be real idiots."

Everyone followed the stag until it stopped in a clearing. Everyone rested here and Hiei said, "How about we throw Rinku off the cliff? He's really starting to get on my nerves!"

Kurama shook his head and chuckled "Naw, he'd make too much noise."

Hiei snorted. "Look around, Kurama. There's no one here to hear him."

All of the sudden they saw a draconian on the field below them.

"Scratch that," Hiei said. "That draconian just interfered with my plans. Darn. I was so close, too!!" Kurama just sweat dropped and shook his head.

"It appears that draconians are all over the route to Qualinesti," Yusuke said, looking around. "It looks like we'll have to find another route there."

"Nice observation, dimwit," Genkai said, glaring at her student.

"Aw, shut up , you old hag!!" Yusuke yelled.

"If you two will stop fighting sometime this century, it appears that we will have to go through Darken Wood to get to Qualinesti," Kurama said calmly, not even flinching under the two glared he got from Yusuke and Genkai.

They all started toward Darken Wood, Hiei somewhat hesitantly.

As they approached Hiei said, "There is dark magic in the woods"

"Will it hurt us?" said Kurama.

"Only those that bring evil in with them need fear the forest," said Hiei.

"Then that means that you are the only that has a problem," said Chuu.

"Want me to show you evil, brainless fool," said Hiei threateningly.

"Now that you don't have your demon speed you are no match for me," said Chuu.

"Don't Chuu," said Kuwabara unexpectedly siding with Hiei.(Wow must be Caramon kicking in)

"Shut up and lets go," said Genkai, "I don't have much patience left."

Yusuke led them into the forbidding forest.

They walked on for about 4 hours before Kuwabara said, "I am hungry."

"I am hungry too I think we should stop here for tonight," said Jin.

"Don't leave the road," warned Hiei.

"But, over there is a stream and a clearing, that looks like as good a place as any to camp," said Touya.

"If you want to die then fine by me, I will be on the road, I warn you touch nothing," Hiei said.

"You can stay on the road and be all lonely if you want to, but we are going over to that stream to set up camp," said Chuu.

"Fine fools its your problem if your dead not mine," said Hiei and he set up his blanket on the ground and placed his staff(where that came from....) in the ground and a light started shinning from it. But, it seemed to make the darkness around them even more oppressive.

Later in the night an army of apparitions appeared at the edge of the clearing. It came toward them and Yusuke, who was on watch, yelled and grabbed his sword. When he struck the ghost his sword passed right through it. The others awoke and started to run back toward Hiei, the leader of the Apparitions came toward them. It seemed to be unable to speak. Hiei came awake and chanted a spell and said something to the ghost. It grabbed his arm. Hiei yelled in pain, but didn't try to get away.

The Apparition spoke through Hiei, "Who are you who enter Darken Wood."

"We are on our way to Qualinesti, we passed through the forest because we had no choice," said Yusuke.

"Does one of you have the Blue Crystal Staff," said the apparition.

"I do," said Yukina.

"Follow me," said the Leader of the Ghosts.

They followed the Ghost through the forest. They came to the edge of a clearing, and all of the sudden they heard hooves and several centaurs appeared. The centaurs took the companies weapons and carried them to another clearing.

Yusuke said, "Does anyone have a weapon?"

"I have my staff," said Yukina.

"And a formidable weapon it is," said a voice, "a good weapon for fighting the evil that seeks to destroy it and conquer this world."

"Who are you," said Kurama.

"I am the Forestmaster," the voice said as it stepped into the light of Hiei's staff. It appeared to be a Unicorn.

Everyone gasped as it stepped into the light. It was the most beautiful thing they ever saw. (I wonder if that applies for Yusuke as well......) She looked at them and bowed her head slightly. For some unknown (*coughYEAHRIGHTcough*) reason, the companions, except Hiei, all bowed to her in turn. She smiled slightly.

"Rest here. This place is as safe as any is, these days. We will provide you with food, drink, and refreshment." With that said, the Forestmaster cantered off to go do something or other. (*sweatdrop*)

Kuwabara and Chuu had both looked up at the mention of food, but decided that it was probably going to be more berries, anyway.

A few of the centaurs appeared, carrying small bowls with water in them and towels. The companions freshened up a bit before they sat down to eat dinner. Kuwabara and Chuu had been wrong.

After dinner, the Forestmaster reappeared and told them of a sort of mission that they had.

"You must fly across the Eastwall Mountains and make your way to Xak Tsaroth. There, if you are proved worthy, you will be given the greatest gift of all," the Forestmaster said.

"Eastwall Mountains?!?! Yeah, we'll NEED to fly to get there in two days!!" Touya said, looking rather startled.

"And just how are we getting there?" Yusuke asked.

"I will let you use a few of the flying horses," the Forestmaster said as six of the giant horses landed softly in the clearing. Everyone climbed on and suddenly Touya sneezed.

"I think I may be allergic to horses," Touya said, looking behind him at Jin, who was WAY too happy.

"Oh, shut up, ice master!! Just live with it!" Yusuke called across to him from the lead horse.

They traveled to the plains before the mountains, but they were asleep most of the time from an enchanted sleep.

Yusuke was the first to wake from the enchanted sleep. He looked around and saw the pegasus that he had ridden.

"Wha--? Where are we? Where are the other pegusi?" Yusuke asked, looking around.

"I sent to others home. We could not take you all the way, as there is trouble and we must return. I stayed to guard your sleep. I must go now," the pegasus said as it spread it's great wings.

It took of and, after two circles, was gone before Yusuke could say anything.

"Aw, man. Now I have to wake everyone up by myself!" Yusuke complained. Suddenly, he noticed smoke out to the plains.

He woke Kurama and showed him the fires.

"I believe that was where the tribe that Riverwind belonged to lived," Kurama said, looking out. Hiei woke next and the three of them hurried to wake the others.

"I think that we should just go strait to this Xak Tsaroth place, since we have no idea how to get there and we may need extra time," Yusuke said, actually being smart. (Hmmm..... Must be Tanis kicking in. I wonder if he'll grow a beard?)

They found their way to a maze of swamps. "Be careful when you cross the swamp," warned Hiei.

They followed Hiei for the rest of the day. The next day they were on a bridge connecting one side of the cliff to the other.

All of the sudden a draconian mage cast a spell on them, the same one Hiei used on the guards to make them go to sleep. But, Jin and Touya managed to escape before the spell was finished. They fell into the river below them anyway. Touya(who if you remember is afraid of water) got stuck and Jin had to drag him out of the water.

When they got out of the water they managed to find the draconian base. They saw that all of there friends were being kept captive in some cages. They also saw that all the draconians were near what appeared to be a large black dragon.

Suddenly Jin had an idea(....).

Jin said, "go and free them while I make a distraction," while smiling like an insane person.

"Ok...... what are you going to do??" asked Touya.

"Have some fun," said Jin still smiling.

Touya went to hide in some brush near where Yusuke and the others were being kept captives.

Meanwhile Jin was creeping toward where all the draconians were gathered.

When Jin got close enough he came behind the dragon and found out his suspicion was correct. The "Dragon" was really a fake.

He snuck inside the dragon and found the controls.

Touya was watching and wondered what the *beep* Jin was doing over there.

Suddenly the dragon started speaking.

"Bring the warrior to me... the stupid tall one," it said.

The draconians fell around in confusion. The dragon never talked unless the Sorcerer was there. They hastened to obey.

While the draconians were bringing Kuwabara to the dragon Touya got to the cage and released everyone else.

"Thanks," said Yusuke.

"Lets get to the trees before they discover we are gone," said Kurama.

All of the sudden the dragon began breathing flames everywhere. Then it caught itself on fire. They heard Jin calling for help because he was still stuck in the dragon.(he isn't that tall...)

Touya and Chuu ran over and cut the dragons head off. They carried it back to Yusuke and the others and helped Jin out.

"That was fun," said Jin, smiling like he was still insane.

They started running while the draconian camp was going up in flames around them. They reached Xak Tsaroth, at the middle of the second day. They found an abandoned temple in the city.

"This is a creepy city," said Kieko.

"Ya," agreed Yusuke, "Yukina, Kieko and Rinku go into the temple and look around. The rest of us will start searching the city."

After Yukina, Kieko and Rinku got inside the temple everything went dark. From a giant hole in the ground a great black dragon rose.

She knew that the enemies who had the staff were near. She knew it was up to her to find them and kill them. She cast the magical darkness, and relied on the dragon fear that she caused to cause the invaders to be paralyzed. It flew over them and sensed Kurama. She flew over him and used her flaming breath to burn him until he was almost dead. Then she flew back into the hole to rest. She thought she had kill them all.

After the darkness lifted Yusuke ran over to Kurama. He was burned so bad you could see his bones and all that was left of his skin was burned black.

Inside the temple Kieko, Yukina and Rinku knew nothing of what was happening outside. They explored the temple and found a statue. It had its hand held out as if holding something. Yukina, on an impulse, placed her staff in the statues hand.

The goddess of healing, Mishakal, came and talked to Yukina. After Mishakal finished talking to Yukina heard Kurama's death cry.

Yusuke and the rest of them brought Kurama into the temple......

~*~ End Chapter 2 ~*~

Hey. Here's the second chapter and we are about half way through the first of three books. Please leave a review!!